Author Topic: You should read this  (Read 23117 times)

Offline fuzzy

Not so sure I agree with you...it only feels that way right now because all the other DACs have not yet had time to build up, mature and gain a foothold.  I mean imagine what happens when techies realize that ObamaCare no longer has to be a death sentence (like it was meant to be), because a portion of the entire ecosystem was developed to give a % of their dividends to the Mutual Aid DAC...
This is what I mean. Social entrepreneurs are trying to use technology right now to improve healthcare. Rather than offer an alternative to Obamacare in specific, you should instead show social entrepreneurs that they can use the technology as a tool to make the healthcare industry better.

Let them figure out how, let them deal with the politics. Just focus on the technology and what it can do. Just as if you're showing someone the Internet or a personal computer for the first time ever. They don't want for us to tell them how we think it should be used or give out views on Obamacare. What they want is to use these valuable tools in a way which can improve their lives and if these tools can make healthcare better and cheaper then you'll have lots of organizations want the tools.

Lucky, you humble me.  These are very good points.  However, I will say that there are good reasons to be afraid of what is happening in tech atm...which  means there is a LOT of pent up energy just looking to be put into something like Keyhotee.  Already companies are growing to offer pay-for-privacy alternatives to those in the  mainstream (which can no longer be trusted).  This is because they see a void that needs filled.  However, many people have a hard time forking out hard earned cash to get a service when it seems like they are too little in the grand scheme of things to even really matter (something like "nobody wants to see what i'm texting...i'm not doing anything wrong").  Many will not even download "free" apps because it is not "free" with respect to the work done to get and learn how to use it.  Fear of a monopolistic too-big-to-fail banking system is precisely what made me latch onto bitcoin initially...and then learn how blockchains work and why they are so important for our future.  I do, however, agree with your point on just providing the tools...at least initially.   

If there is a model that actually gives people something "free" for using the model...then we are onto something.  Free is proven in numerous psychological studies to provide great marketing power (which is why you see it all over the place).  However, giving people a random chance to something a little bigger for free...and now you are talking about the psychology of why gambling is so addictive.

Something interesting to think about would be to form an alliance between some of the top cryptos where they use Keyhotee for their faucet/wallet, only the rewards are randomized (thus people can get a chance to open up their wallet and receive a free blackcoin-- blackcoin is one of the most intelligently designed cryptos I've seen in awhile--or a single doge/peercoin/bitShare X/DAC_x...etc).  It could also be given the functionality to connect to multipool which would essentially allow people to mine from their keyhotee wallet (and maybe even automatically mine more Keyhotee ID time when it comes time for that).  Hell, maybe it could even use a revised version of the BOINC protocol (not sure how the processing works here so you might have to school me on that point). 

This discussion brings me wayyyyyy back in time to when the "Alternative DAC" section went up:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1439.0  you remember this Lucky?  ;)

I'm not sure you're appreciating the proposition value of keyhotee - it can have nothing to do with BitShares or everything to do with BitShares. In the beginning it won't matter, because if everyone doesn't care about BitShares they'll still care about keyhotee
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, but it doesn't HAVE to be that way either...if there is a way to provide better incentives.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:56:38 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline onceuponatime

Why not airdrop a little BitShare for every keyhotee downloaded and ID registered.  Have it in their wallet as soon as they get started.  This would get new, non crypto people involved.

That's the best idea so far!!!  (in my humble opinion)

Why would a social entrepreneur think to download Keyhotee?

You're assuming all social entrepreneurs on the earth are aware of the Bitcoin community but they aren't.

I am thinking of all the people who will download Keyhotee for its (purported) benefits and because it is free to try/use. If they find that there may be something of value included (a share in a DAC), a certain proportion of users will be motivated to investigate further.

bitbro

I'm not sure you're appreciating the proposition value of keyhotee - it can have nothing to do with BitShares or everything to do with BitShares. In the beginning it won't matter, because if everyone doesn't care about BitShares they'll still care about keyhotee

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Maybe bytemaster can elaborate on the marketing strategy for keyhotee.  There should be a lot of space for coupling BitShares and keyhotee marketing.

In an attempt to make a profound statement, keyhotee is more important than BitShares until BitShares is more important than keyhotee.  When the latter becomes the former, we'll be rich.

That is a profound statement!   :)

Keyhotee was conceived as:
1.  A line of defense in the War on Privacy.
2.  An on-ramp to Free Space and the DAC ecosystem.

The mega-trend of concerns about invasion of privacy and corruption of manned organizations that are Too Big to Quit (TBTQ) when coerced, is expected to bring a lot of crypto-newbies to Keyhotee where they will find secure interfaces to all BitShares DACs at their fingertips.

This is where the newly-awakened will learn the value of incorruptible unmanned companies.

Having some sample shares waiting there for them to try out those DACs makes incredibly good sense.

The problem with this marketing strategy is it relies on people being in fear. What about the vast majority who aren't in fear and who either are young and naive or who haven't had the case made to them why Keyhotee is important?

I think Keyhotee is good for marketing to a certain demographic that is radical libertarian or which wears privacy invation but I think social entrepreneurs will create the industry. The users of keyhotee are important too so don't get me wrong but I think people are underestimating the impact of social entrepreneurship on the community.

Having money and getting rich doesn't matter if you don't have a plan for what to do. A lot of people are offering marketing plans which will somehow "make us rich" but they have no plan for what they want to do. Without social entrepreneurship then it looks like our community is just a bunch of guys trying to get rich with no long term plan and that isn't the case at all.

What I hope to see by bringing in social entrepreneurs is a lot of DACs which might have been non-profits can be made sustainable so that they can be more effective. The non-profit sector is huge and the only reason it's non-profit is because there wasn't an easy way to do a social corporation until now.

So while I support promoting Keyhotee, I think most people who aren't already in the crypto community don't know what Keyhotee is or why they will need it. I don't see people using PGP so why would I think everyone would rush to Keyhotee? People need a reason to have to use Keyhotee so you have to show people how using Keyhotee can help their social causes. For example if an NGO could be convinced to use Keyhotee then they could show thousands of people Keyhotee as a function of their NGO and the whole thing could be funded by tax free donations.

And with people who have social causes you don't have to explain why the technology is important.

You just have to explain how the technology can help them do what they are trying to do more efficiently. You have to appeal to hope, optimism, not just fear.

Not so sure I agree with you...it only feels that way right now because all the other DACs have not yet had time to build up, mature and gain a foothold.  I mean imagine what happens when techies realize that ObamaCare no longer has to be a death sentence (like it was meant to be), because a portion of the entire ecosystem was developed to give a % of their dividends to the Mutual Aid DAC...
This is what I mean. Social entrepreneurs are trying to use technology right now to improve healthcare. Rather than offer an alternative to Obamacare in specific, you should instead show social entrepreneurs that they can use the technology as a tool to make the healthcare industry better.

Let them figure out how, let them deal with the politics. Just focus on the technology and what it can do. Just as if you're showing someone the Internet or a personal computer for the first time ever. They don't want for us to tell them how we think it should be used or give out views on Obamacare. What they want is to use these valuable tools in a way which can improve their lives and if these tools can make healthcare better and cheaper then you'll have lots of organizations want the tools.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:07:38 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Why not airdrop a little BitShare for every keyhotee downloaded and ID registered.  Have it in their wallet as soon as they get started.  This would get new, non crypto people involved.

Why would a social entrepreneur think to download Keyhotee?

You're assuming all social entrepreneurs on the earth are aware of the Bitcoin community but they aren't.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

There  is up to 1 idea that matters!
With 3 geniuses in Google, and later with 50,000 PhDs it was the same –‘search’

I am more than happy for Stan that he thinks his (son’s) company will produce many great ideas… but the sad think is: of all those 1000 projects, there is one that will make the difference and it will be:
BTS X.

Well I can't argue with you that it very well could be a huge game changer in one of the only industries that has had little to no real real innovation that benefits the people.  I dig it too :)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
There is up to 1 idea that matters!
With 3 geniuses in Google it was–‘search’…. 5,000 PhDs later it was the same –‘search’... no grater discoveries (just improvements) on the base concept.

I am more than happy for Stan that he thinks his (son’s) company will produce many great ideas… but the sad think is: of all those 1000 projects, there is one that will make the difference and it will be:

BTS X.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:58:27 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

When Keyhotee becomes more important than BitShares:
That will be the time when the only person that could possibly become reach by all of this is bytemaster.

I will go a step further and say that the only DAC that will make all of us rich (and Dan somebody who everybody will recognize by name in 10 or 15 years) is BTS X. The outcome (success) of the rest of them (DACs) will be a ‘meager’ difference between him becoming rich and famous!!!

Maybe bytemaster can elaborate on the marketing strategy for keyhotee.  There should be a lot of space for coupling BitShares and keyhotee marketing.

In an attempt to make a profound statement, keyhotee is more important than BitShares until BitShares is more important than keyhotee.  When the latter becomes the former, we'll be rich.

The mega-trend of concerns about invasion of privacy and corruption of manned organizations that are Too Big to Quit (TBTQ) when coerced, is expected to bring a lot of crypto-newbies to Keyhotee where they will find secure interfaces to all BitShares DACs at their fingertips.

This is where the newly-awakened will learn the value of incorruptible unmanned companies.

Having some sample shares waiting there for them to try out those DACs makes incredibly good sense.

God this is why I love being a part of this community...we actually think together to make wonderful changes.  There is NO place I'd rather be...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:31:11 am by fuznuts »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

THAT is freaking brilliant!

This, coupled with a slight modification of the top 10 altcoin drop, would be amazing. 

Of course, rather than just having one for every Keyhotee ID (some people would game the system and create 1000's of IDs), why not let Keyhotee be the means for them to redeem their shares if they are owners of any of the top 10 altcoins?  This effectively makes it so using Keyhotee PAYS YOU!  How much better can it get???

I have some more ideas about this, but it might be best for me to hold them off at least until the mumble server is up so we can all speak about this in person rather than having it up for anyone to read at any time. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:23:48 am by fuznuts »

bitbro

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Key test:

What will a suggested target group need to do to benefit from an air drop?

If the answer is, "Sell them to raise money for their Good Cause"
then you can pretty well see that giving to them is counter-productive.

If the answer is, "Use the shares to try out the DAC's services"
or "save the shares and become interested in growing their value"
then you are onto something!

BINGO !

There are immediate things that this technology maps to.  A lot of this social entrepreneurship talk is great, but I don't see it happening.   You might bring in an entrepreneur or so, but we probably have a few of those waiting around.  What we need are users for the ecosystem once it goes live.  Without users, the 1000 coolest DACs in the world are worth 0.

Build basic high quality services and bring in people who will use them and thus talk about them.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

THAT is freaking brilliant!

bitbro