Author Topic: Meeting with Virginia Tech  (Read 7815 times)

Offline fuzzy

However, BM needs to be careful not to burn the candle at both ends...he has many talented people around him but sometimes one of the most difficult things for an extremely talented person to do is to let others do the work they envision.  Teams grow stronger when each member is forced to step out of their comfort zones and rely on one-another. 
+5% ... can confirm .. both: difficulty to delegate work espescially if you love  doing that work ... further... teams really evolve on decentralizing different tasks!

+5% for distributing work .. shure we can find friends on the board that would love to give a hand and contribute! Lets focus on makeing that thing first .. theres plenty of time to let the work evolve by its own!!

Speaking of this, Xeroc...I hope you don't mind, but I sent you a reddit message :D
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
However, BM needs to be careful not to burn the candle at both ends...he has many talented people around him but sometimes one of the most difficult things for an extremely talented person to do is to let others do the work they envision.  Teams grow stronger when each member is forced to step out of their comfort zones and rely on one-another. 
+5% ... can confirm .. both: difficulty to delegate work espescially if you love  doing that work ... further... teams really evolve on decentralizing different tasks!

+5% for distributing work .. shure we can find friends on the board that would love to give a hand and contribute! Lets focus on makeing that thing first .. theres plenty of time to let the work evolve by its own!!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:05:01 am by xeroc »

Offline fuzzy

This much is certain: Regardless how it was accomplished I am very glad it was.  Sometimes, it takes the big-whig going to a meeting with another big-whig (or group of them) as a show of respect in order to make sure something goes the way it needs to. 

I will use this post to remind everyone we have a Mumble Server now for the community and everyone is invited to log in and ask Bytemaster Questions (just like this) during the sessions we have.  I urge you to check the stickied post in the general section of the forums to find out more. 

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Meetings are necessary.

But I have to ask:

As the main developer, do you really think that's a good idea for you to do business that's not related to coding , given  the delay on bts-wallet?

I trusted you when you say few developer can do the tech stuff you guys do in this industry,that's why you've been short on full-time developers.

But meetings,that's what publicist for,or a less important coder for .

If you can't find even 1 person to go to meetings for you in I3,then you should review your business model. How's other people gonna react when
 they knew this company's main coder is the same one as the poster boy .

You can't control everything by yourself,or you'll have nothing but bunch of unfinished projects lying around without ending .

Maybe you have the confidence that you're a exception . But all the young people I know,they all think they're a exception too.

Either you become the full-time poster boy or publicist for I3,or you become the full time tech genius and nerd that you are.Don't try to do both.
You don't have to . You just think that you have to .   When BTS is done , you don't need any convincing anymore,people will come to you , explain themselves to you ,not the other way around.

And,please stop post funny photos to make your point . I wonder how you could have the time and mood to find these funny photo to go with your point.

PS.  I'm a developer too. I know the huge distraction that non-coding-related stuff can affect the developing progress. Even a simple dinner with bad waitress can mess up with the rest of the night.

:-X

+5%

There is no doubt that BM is a talented guy, but one earth day is only 24 hours long with no exception. If he focuses 100% on developing and some simple communication with the community, leaving other stuffs to the rest of 3I or hiring a CEO to run this ‘company’, the progress would have been much better.

Offline fuzzy

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I have had some very productive meetings with (Virginia Tech) VT and the results could be very good for our community.

1) They are looking into producing a Crypto-Equity Curriculum
2) They are sponsoring startups and have a team looking to find a transparent voting solution (they will likely be directed toward BitShares Voice).

I cannot reveal all of the details right now, but it looks like VT may become a very strategic partner.

For #1... I've been teaching a "bitcoin and cryptocurrencies" class at CMU this semester. First for-credit cryptoequity course at an accredited university maybe =D

How did you manage that? And how many students were in your class?

mod edit: quote formatting

There's a student-led course program here. Just had to pass some interviews and show them a curriculum. It's for credit but pass/fail so doesn't affect GPA.
There are about 15 students left.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

clout

I have had some very productive meetings with (Virginia Tech) VT and the results could be very good for our community.

2) They are sponsoring startups and have a team looking to find a transparent voting solution (they will likely be directed toward BitShares Voice).

I cannot reveal all of the details right now, but it looks like VT may become a very strategic partner.

For #1... I've been teaching a "bitcoin and cryptocurrencies" class at CMU this semester. First for-credit cryptoequity course at an accredited university maybe =D

How did you manage that? And how many students were in your class?

mod edit: quote formatting
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:55:26 am by toast »

Offline bobmaloney

+5%

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

+5% Breaking Good News !
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Excellent work!  +5% +5% +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Very strategic. Much excitement! +5% +5%

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

any collaboration for a new DAC venture with VT?  Educational or institutional DAC?

Voting DAC is a good possibility.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.