Author Topic: Dev Voice Hangout on Mumble Fridays @ 10am EST  (Read 41073 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
Please edit adress.
[11:20:16 PM] Welcome to Mumble.
[11:20:16 PM] Connecting to server beyondbitcoin.commandchannel.com.
[11:20:24 PM] Server connection failed: Connection refused.
[11:20:34 PM] Reconnecting.
https://beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo/

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
Please edit adress.
[11:20:16 PM] Welcome to Mumble.
[11:20:16 PM] Connecting to server beyondbitcoin.commandchannel.com.
[11:20:24 PM] Server connection failed: Connection refused.
[11:20:34 PM] Reconnecting.

Offline JA

• View Profile
Is there a way to stream this to youtube if it is not being streamed already for community building?
we are working on several ways to accomplish that atm

Offline jcrubino

• View Profile
Is there a way to stream this to youtube if it is not being streamed already for community building?

Offline fuzzy

Totally appreciate all fuzzy's hard work so far and will be voting for him once I finally get round to setting up my new machine with the 0.5 client. That said the most recent mumble session appears to have been edited in what appeared to be a rather odd and jarring way. I could be wrong but it felt like there were bit's that someone had decided to cut out because they didn't like what was being said:

Example from edited mumble session 21/01/2015. At 23.35 we hear faddat get cut off and then fade in to him saying out of context:

faddat: be forked
fuzzy: what do you mean by that
faddat: okay, because there's very little contact....
[.....]
faddat: erm, no they don't do that Riverhead, although you could almost call it that the censorship is so pervasive now.

I thought the above example was slightly ironic given that faddat was talking about censorship.

I know often there's a link posted early to the full unedited version of the Mumble sessions, but it's a bit of a pain to track it down each week. Please can fuzzy post the unedited version of the Mumble session to SoundCloud every week alongside the edited version? Would be most appreciated if this could be added as part of delegate duties. I for one would rather trawl through all the pauses, clicks and pops and still get to hear what everyone actually says. Really felt like I was missing important points the way the last session was edited.

Thanks in advance and keep up the stellar work.

If I'm not mistaken it's simply because some people type in their questions, or thoughts... as Riverhead most likely did here.
I can't recall exactly.  But the remedy for this is perhaps to encourage all participants to read aloud anything non-verbal they might be responding to.

I let people know I will gladly read their questions and our guests are made aware that if they want to answer a question before I get the chance to read it that they are expected to read the question aloud before answering it.  With that said, I also post the unedited versions of the hangouts to these forums, but we are actually in the process of getting things ready so we can start posting them to our website (so we can have a central location to go for all our content). 

On that site, I intend on getting it set up so we can have a user issued asset that is given to people who simply tweeted/shared our content on social media.  That will most likely give them access to a section where they can find our unedited hangouts.  Unfortunately, I think this is going to have to be the way moving forward as we need to ensure people actually start sharing our content. 
We rely on investors to help us because we are running on a shoe-string budget...so the barrier to entry for accessing the unedited content should be very low (requiring no more than 1-2 minutes of someone's time once/twice a week. 

Hope that helps. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Totally appreciate all fuzzy's hard work so far and will be voting for him once I finally get round to setting up my new machine with the 0.5 client. That said the most recent mumble session appears to have been edited in what appeared to be a rather odd and jarring way. I could be wrong but it felt like there were bit's that someone had decided to cut out because they didn't like what was being said:

Example from edited mumble session 21/01/2015. At 23.35 we hear faddat get cut off and then fade in to him saying out of context:

[.....]
faddat: erm, no they don't do that Riverhead, although you could almost call it that the censorship is so pervasive now.

I thought the above example was slightly ironic given that faddat was talking about censorship.

I know often there's a link posted early to the full unedited version of the Mumble sessions, but it's a bit of a pain to track it down each week. Please can fuzzy post the unedited version of the Mumble session to SoundCloud every week alongside the edited version? Would be most appreciated if this could be added as part of delegate duties. I for one would rather trawl through all the pauses, clicks and pops and still get to hear what everyone actually says. Really felt like I was missing important points the way the last session was edited.

If I'm not mistaken it's simply because some people type in their questions, or thoughts... as Riverhead most likely did here.
I can't recall exactly.  But the remedy for this is perhaps to encourage all participants to read aloud anything non-verbal they might be responding to. 

Offline pseudoscops

[.....]

Offline d3adh3ad

• View Profile
Are the files for this posted somewhere in an RSS feed or as files that someone could make into an RSS feed? Or has someone already done this?

the files are accessible through the bitshares' Beyond Bitcoin SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts

To my knowledge noone has created an RSS feed.  I think that is a great idea though.

Fuzzy,

In order to make a RSS feed from this soundcloud account it looks like you'd need to apply for the Soundcloud Podcast Beta (http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1209292-can-i-podcast-with-soundcloud-).

It seems like it makes more sense to do that than to download the files and create a new feed. That way soundcloud pays for the bandwidth (or maybe they don't, I am not sure). Let me know if there is any way I can help with this.

Offline fuzzy

I know that you guys most probably you don't want to change the time of the hangouts since it is more convenient for the majority but if it was possible to move the time 3 hours later it would be great  :). I am not at home at 10 AM EST and I lose all these live hangouts..

In any case I can always listen later on so it doesn't really matter..

I wish I could find a way to make all parties happy on this.  We have changed the Hangout time literally a dozen or more times.  Sorry for this. 

With that said, the PLAY hangout is likely going to be changing times since they now have their own forums up and running and are going to serve as their own complimentary DAC in the BitShares Ecosystem.  Most of their most interested parties seem to be in the Eastern Block so it is not altogether outside the realm of possibility that you will be able to attend those.  Why don't you check out the Playtalk.org forums and ask your questions there?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I know that you guys most probably you don't want to change the time of the hangouts since it is more convenient for the majority but if it was possible to move the time 3 hours later it would be great  :). I am not at home at 10 AM EST and I lose all these live hangouts..

In any case I can always listen later on so it doesn't really matter..

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Server Connection failed - connection timeout ...  :(

tying to get in since 9, not sure what the problem is...  configured just like last week... hrm.

Offline fuzzy

I found that if I am signed out of sound cloud, then I can get an individual page with the talk on it and use clipcoverter.cc to download the file

I am pretty sure it allows anyone to download them.  I have never had an issue anyway...

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I found that if I am signed out of sound cloud, then I can get an individual page with the talk on it and use clipcoverter.cc to download the file

Offline fuzzy

Are the files for this posted somewhere in an RSS feed or as files that someone could make into an RSS feed? Or has someone already done this?

the files are accessible through the bitshares' Beyond Bitcoin SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts

To my knowledge noone has created an RSS feed.  I think that is a great idea though.