Author Topic: Quick update regarding lack of updates  (Read 7555 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Great update. :D

Remember, if you need more money, staff, promotion, lawyers, etc. just release a thorough plan of action and do a round of angelfunding.

Or run an IPO for yourself on Bitshares Me. If it comes out first...

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Great update. :D

Remember, if you need more money, staff, promotion, lawyers, etc. just release a thorough plan of action and do a round of angelfunding.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Hey everyone.

Just a quick update on the front-end project.

Eddie Corral and I are setting up a business that will create a website/social network that will be a mash up of:
-Pandora
-8tracks
-grooveshark
-the itunes store
-kickstarter

This will also allow you to buy and sell shares of individual songs. So add to that little list, a trading platform for digital shares of songs.

The reason we haven't updated... at all, is that we are still hammering out the vision and intricate details of not only the site, but of the legal structure and business plan.

We will update ONCE we have everything set up and ready to rock.

As for Zenithcoin, forget about that. It will have nothing to do with this project. We are rebranding and going to be using another method as far as funding goes.

Just a quick update.
What to take home from this little thread? When we have relevant news, you will know of it. Until then....
  +5% Breaking Good News !!!
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Eddie Corral and I are setting up a business that will create a website/social network that will be a mash up of:
-Pandora
-8tracks
-grooveshark
-the itunes store
-kickstarter

This will also allow you to buy and sell shares of individual songs. So add to that little list, a trading platform for digital shares of songs.

+5% That sounds really cool.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:11:12 am by Empirical1 »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
How will shares be distributed? will the artist start out with 100% and then start leaching out shares ripple style at a fixed price (until a secondary market develops), or will the artist be able to auction their shares AGS style? Does the artist get to pick what percent of the song they want to keep and what percent to sell or auction? Do they have to sell shares in individual songs, or can they just choose to sell shares in an album?

All of those are possible by default in ME
(actually IDK if auction is a default tx type but it easily could be)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
How will shares be distributed? will the artist start out with 100% and then start leaching out shares ripple style at a fixed price (until a secondary market develops), or will the artist be able to auction their shares AGS style? Does the artist get to pick what percent of the song they want to keep and what percent to sell or auction? Do they have to sell shares in individual songs, or can they just choose to sell shares in an album?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline toast

• View Profile
So it's a branded ME clone with a centralized company doing business development... Sounds good to me!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

bitbro

Blockchain implements market and insures assets are liquid and portable. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BM, please elaborate if you can

Offline bytemaster

Blockchain implements market and insures assets are liquid and portable. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
You can listen to / stream as much music as you want.

Pay to download the audio file.
Pay to own a share of a song as well.

When you own a share, the income from those that pay for the mp3 goes to the sharesholders. Whether the artist holds 100% 50% or 0%.

Can you explain the role of the blockchain? If you have to pay to download the audio file then what does the blockchain contain?

bitbro

Artists are gonna love this. 

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
You can listen to / stream as much music as you want.

Pay to download the audio file.
Pay to own a share of a song as well.

When you own a share, the income from those that pay for the mp3 goes to the sharesholders. Whether the artist holds 100% 50% or 0%.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Potenially!  Can I prehear (aka listen) before buying?

I think the idea is that we can leave the pay-to-listen model behind completely... Can't wait to hear details about incentive setups

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Very exciting, thank you for update.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for the awesome update! To me, this is the most exciting DAC. Can't wait to see it once you guys have it ready.