Author Topic: Today .I made a too bad mistake  (Read 31716 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Can I get a refund on the double transaction I sent to the AGS address a month or two ago?  Sent 2kPTS when I only intended to send 1k, blockchain reflects the mistake (it was two TX, one sent the day before the other sent the day after but I closed the client apparently before it broadcast because they were both picked up in the same block when I fired the second one) but I figured the rules were the rules and it was my mistake.

If we're fixing mistakes, I'd be happy to get my 1k PTS back.

The rules are that usage of AGS donations is entirely at III discretion, as they're donations.  In this case I guess they think the best use of some that donation is to show grace to somewhat diminish the consequences of this error.  They would have every right to do the same in your case, or to do nothing.

Offline willaim

• Never forget your dream!
    • View Profile
Hi, I have a non-crazy idea to recall my PTS: several days ago I send them from exchange trade platform to III so I can not control following DAC shares.

2014-03-28 00:11:36   from PikAq7jB7yHJnZ8gsBXFLWquD1bPoeP7x5   quantity:   158.4 PTS

May I take them back and donate same PTS again from my local wallet?

thank you very much.
Please contribute PTS to this address if my info is useful for you: PjjYtWpwmwEMA1MK9mjpDpSYzkTMPgjm7X

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Can I get a refund on the double transaction I sent to the AGS address a month or two ago?  Sent 2kPTS when I only intended to send 1k, blockchain reflects the mistake (it was two TX, one sent the day before the other sent the day after but I closed the client apparently before it broadcast because they were both picked up in the same block when I fired the second one) but I figured the rules were the rules and it was my mistake.

If we're fixing mistakes, I'd be happy to get my 1k PTS back.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
Calculate the average AGS per PTS for the past 10 days.
Calculate how many PTS would have to be returned to everyone today such that they effectively paid the same AGS per PTS.
Produce the list of addresses and balances so I can copy /paste it.
Identify a proposed compensation to us and the fellow donors for correcting this mistake.   

This will make sure that the entire community receives a fair outcome.  ebit will still have given more than he intended to, but no one else will have gotten a RAW deal and all ebit effectively loses is a bit of liquidity.

Thanks.I trust you.You are my hero.Finally I will have a good sleep.  :)
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Calculate how many PTS would have to be returned to everyone today such that they effectively paid the same AGS per PTS.
Identify a proposed compensation to us and the fellow donors for correcting this mistake.   

This will make sure that the entire community receives a fair outcome.  ebit will still have given more than he intended to, but no one else will have gotten a RAW deal and all ebit effectively loses is a bit of liquidity.
+5%

Pretty much same as my solution here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4293.msg53889#msg53889

Please find/decide and post a permanent solution for future cases!!!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:49:06 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

+5%
fair solution

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You also nees to send some pts to the other donators of that day to keep it fair

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Since the AGS can't be returned, my recommendation is to send back part of his PTS such that he gets his AGS at closer to the average rate.

That is fair.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
My opinion would be to return the PTS to the guy and call it the day...

Today's PTS donators won't be diluted.

Apparantly that was an honest mistake. Everybody make mistakes...The community should show their support!

That won't work.  His donation is in the blockchain, and the blockchain can't be revised, so he has the AGS already, and the AGS cannot be returned.  If his PTS is returned, he just gets almost 5000 AGS for free.  Since the AGS can't be returned, my recommendation is to send back part of his PTS such that he gets his AGS at closer to the average rate.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
My opinion would be to return the PTS to the guy and call it the day...

Today's PTS donators won't be diluted.

Apparantly that was an honest mistake. Everybody make mistakes...The community should show their support!

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
It is not technically possible to return AGS.  III has no obligation to do anything about this, but since use of donations is entirely at III discretion, they could take the top 1120 PTS or so of the donation and distribute it to today's donors (including ebit) to decrease their losses.

I'm not saying they should do anything, but if they decide they should, this is the approach I would recommend.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I don't think it can be returned, it'll be a big mess to allow special cases. Though due to the abnormally large donation, I guess 3i can find other ways of rewarding him.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
I strongly recommend 3I to return the 6000 PTS considering the circumstances.
I feel sorry for it and believe him make a bad mistake ,and but it is impossible for III to return PTS to him.  if III reture PTS to him , verybody who donate in high volume day can requirment III return the PTS or BTC.

it is  a special case . our community as well as III should be able to resolve it. it is obviously a mistake by miss using the donation script

EBIT不要担心,我们社区会有解决办法的
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:29:50 pm by sfinder »
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline 当年很厉害

• View Profile
不好意思,我不会英语。
我希望i3至少能退回5500个PTS给当事人,如果i3觉得难处理,那么我提议PTSer和AGSer投票来决定。
我相信i3会处理好这次意外,我会一如继往得支持BTS!谢谢!
BTS粉里有SB!