Author Topic: How do DACs deal with justice?  (Read 3180 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Without justice, any DAC can easily be pulled down with whisper campaigns and rumor-mongering by subversive elements as is happening with Memory Coin.

Being that DACs are such a new concept, it seems there would be special interest when bugs show up in the system.

That happens already and it's called market manipulation. As the stakes get higher and the technology becomes increasingly valuable there will be a lot more of this. There is a reason why Satoshi stayed hidden.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
+1 yes please let us remove that crap. We were going to once before but ended up letting them stay. I would say it is a net detriment at this point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

+5% I couldn't agree more.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
+1 yes please let us remove that crap. We were going to once before but ended up letting them stay. I would say it is a net detriment at this point.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Tigerlore

• View Profile
Not any dac, just DACs with direct democracy enforced by perceived legitimacy of the election process... The lesson is that MMC is a badly designed DAC.

I'm okay with that. Not happy, but whatever...

Still, it seems that something should be done. They have started a forum independent of bitsharestalk.org, so locking the sub-forum here might not be a bad idea. Then it seems less of a "Bitshares Approved" project. At least then people won't come to it through Bitshares, and when they realize what a mess it is, blame it directly on Bitshares. It can succeed or fail on it's own merit.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Not any dac, just DACs with direct democracy enforced by perceived legitimacy of the election process... The lesson is that MMC is a badly designed DAC.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Tigerlore

• View Profile
Without justice, any DAC can easily be pulled down with whisper campaigns and rumor-mongering by subversive elements as is happening with Memory Coin.

Being that DACs are such a new concept, it seems there would be special interest when bugs show up in the system.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
"coordinated decentralized justice" - so many BM phrases that stick in my mind like poetry

bitbro

"There is no justice. There is just me." - Death, Discworld

There is no justice in DACs. There are rules. These are built into the system. If you play by the rules, everything is fine. If you violate the rules, you will be ignored - and everything stays fine for everyone else.

Regarding the specific case of MMC, please keep it in the MMC subforum.
+one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

There is no justice in DACs. There are rules. These are built into the system. If you play by the rules, everything is fine. If you violate the rules, you will be ignored - and everything stays fine for everyone else.
wow. I really like your explanation!!  +5%

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Regarding the specific case of MMC, please keep it in the MMC subforum.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Tigerlore

• View Profile
Memory Coin is dealing with an issue that should be of interest to anyone involved in DACs.

There is a treasonous element that is trying to divide the community. This has been going on for a long time and the coin won't survive if this element is allowed to persist. This could happen to any DAC and it will happen to others eventually. This could be a landmark case, depending on how it is handled. The founder of the coin is involved, so handling it internally is problematic.

A full investigation needs to be done, but here is a history of the case from the point of view of the treasonous element https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4278.msg54278#msg54278