Author Topic: Newsletter  (Read 6185 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
it would be nice if we can  add ebit's story to April 's newsletter

+5%

Anybody want to write the story as a guest article?

Shure, if you accept stories in Bulgarian :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

lzr1900

It is May 1st now.
Can we except the April newsletter?or it has been laid aside?
thanks

Sometimes it is best to hold off a bit, especially if you are anticipating a flurry of news you want to present all at once.

:)
Thanks for your reply.Keep moving!

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
It is May 1st now.
thanks

Sometimes it is best to hold off a bit, especially if you are anticipating a flurry of news you want to present all at once.

Better to release it after XT DPOS network and wallet being launched otherwise it would be boring.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

+5%

Anybody want to write the story as a guest article?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
It is May 1st now.
thanks

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
i think its more important that products are released. i don't think anyone needs another newsletter until then
+5%

clout

i think its more important that products are released. i don't think anyone needs another newsletter until then

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

+5%

lzr1900

It is May 1st now.
thanks
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:29:08 am by lzr1900 »

Offline fuzzy

Suppose if it is that important to people that they'd prefer the team to work on it rather than the finished product...then you guys need to get marketing and social media on it :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Personally, I really enjoy the newsletter but I certainly do not mind if it takes the backseat in favor of far more important business operations. Maybe a quarterly newsletter might be more manageable. Not only would there be more time to perfect each newsletter, but there would also be a larger pool of content/news to draw from.

I also like the idea of crowdsourcing the newsletter but that relies on the community to provide quality, easily digestible articles. Under a crowdsourcing model, what would be a writers incentive to contribute? The good feels from supporting the community? Potentially raising the value of PTS/AGS that an author might already hold? Or would freelance bounties be offered?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I don't understand why we even need a newsletter to be honest.  I mean Dan already has sitdowns with the community 2x weekly to discuss anything/everything the community asks/votes on.  These are going to be recorded and available for the community in an archive or sorts and will likely be redistributed through the Beyond Bitcoin youtube channel. 

To me this is far better (and closer to the needs of the community) than a newsletter.

Some people tell me that they don't have time to surf the forum.  They rely on the newsletter for a monthly update.  It also serves as an archive for future historical documentaries...

Offline fuzzy

I don't understand why we even need a newsletter to be honest.  I mean Dan already has sitdowns with the community 2x weekly to discuss anything/everything the community asks/votes on.  These are going to be recorded and available for the community in an archive or sorts and will likely be redistributed through the Beyond Bitcoin youtube channel. 

To me this is far better (and closer to the needs of the community) than a newsletter. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Financially incentivize the results you want, articles fit for inclusion in a newsletter is easy. price fixing, so what. Expecting community to do things for free out of charity and misdirected energies and confused investment strategies is not at all economical and surely worse.

Offline bytemaster

I3 can already generate tons of articles
They have better things to do. Let the community do so. Maybe even ebit can contribute his views
I think this is a great thing for the community to help us write.   Stan is very busy handling the corporate, legal, and day-to-day operations issues.   We discuss almost everything in the forums anyway, so it seems like a summary of the latest and greatest events on the forum in the past 30 days is in order.

Topics we should address:
1) DPOS - this was introduced at the beginning of the month and is a major update
2) EBIT
3) NYC conference

We will provide a status updates on BTS X / releases... but the high level news can probably be summarized by the community contributed articles.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.