Author Topic: New Forum Icons  (Read 3756 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I think my second thought was the practical side of fixing the hexagons to size but where size permits perhaps those could work well, so down the side of the forum list, for example; and in headers, in favicons and small usage perhaps do without.

I got used to Keyhotee having a splash of red and miss that.. perhaps maroon sits better with blue, I don't know but I don't think anything would be lost from having red and perhaps yellow as splash eye catch. The more rare the use the more it will notice. The [Technical Support] forum was the other example that calls out for red and white hoop.

It's all good. Content matters more than presentation but you don't want to hear that :)

FWIW, the icons do still have the hexagons on the website; I'd guess hexagons matter more on the website (and places like coinmarketcap) than they do on the forum.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline davidpbrown

I think my second thought was the practical side of fixing the hexagons to size but where size permits perhaps those could work well, so down the side of the forum list, for example; and in headers, in favicons and small usage perhaps do without.

I got used to Keyhotee having a splash of red and miss that.. perhaps maroon sits better with blue, I don't know but I don't think anything would be lost from having red and perhaps yellow as splash eye catch. The more rare the use the more it will notice. The [Technical Support] forum was the other example that calls out for red and white hoop.

It's all good. Content matters more than presentation but you don't want to hear that :)
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I like them but had thought the hexagonal token-like background was part of the design; I rather liked that providing some consistency across all of them. The icons are well done but nothing now binds them together and I wonder if they are weaker for it.

Unfortunate that the Keyhotee isn't a red or maroon K too.

Thx for your comment. With Keyhotee icon you can see the consistency. Do you think, if keyhotee is only icon with other colors, it would be better!?
It's really no problem to change this! Consistent are colors currently and of course symbols of bitshares frontpage...

I could integrate hexagonal backgrounds also, but i would keep in mind that on icon sizes of 50x41px it would be almost unreadable. What do you think!?

Cheers
c
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline davidpbrown

I like them but had thought the hexagonal token-like background was part of the design; I rather liked that providing some consistency across all of them. The icons are well done but nothing now binds them together and I wonder if they are weaker for it.

Unfortunate that the Keyhotee isn't a red or maroon K too.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Cool way to invest another 10000 PTS in Bitshares development. Still waiting for another white paper.

sry what do you mean!? Could pls clarify...thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gaba

• View Profile
Cool way to invest another 10000 PTS in Bitshares development. Still waiting for another white paper.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Very, very cool.  +5%
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
You did not get Taiwan included in the map of China. Some Chinese may not like it.

Updated, thanks Denis
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
We've just finished new icon designs for forum boards & sub boards.
Thank you very much Amazon for assist and uploading new icons.

Hope you'll like it ...
c

top notch!!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Hope you'll like it ...
c

You did not get Taiwan included in the map of China. Some Chinese may not like it.

thx - updated and on the way

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

Hope you'll like it ...
c

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Thanks cassiopaia for designing them. Hope everyone like them.

Please post your comment or support here.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Hope you'll like it ...
c