Author Topic: Play Ticket  (Read 4019 times)

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Speaking of lottery ticket, are you planning to have it physically(over the counter) or virtually (web-based generated ticket). Because in both ways, you can still have a value added content that comes with every ticket.

Eh.. neither, ticket are purchased inside the DAC with your lotto shares, of course there will be desktop wallet or web wallets where you can purchase.

Is there a place or document that explains the whole process or different use cases or points of view? e.g. from PTS/AGS shareholder and/or lotto player roles. I am a PTS shareholder and would like to better  understand it all so I can help  support it.

Yes, we are going to setup the website and wiki soon.

来自我的 GT-N7100 上的 Tapatalk

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline GaltReport

Speaking of lottery ticket, are you planning to have it physically(over the counter) or virtually (web-based generated ticket). Because in both ways, you can still have a value added content that comes with every ticket.

Eh.. neither, ticket are purchased inside the DAC with your lotto shares, of course there will be desktop wallet or web wallets where you can purchase.

Is there a place or document that explains the whole process or different use cases or points of view? e.g. from PTS/AGS shareholder and/or lotto player roles. I am a PTS shareholder and would like to better  understand it all so I can help  support it.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Then it becomes the question what is price of 1 ticket ?  Price it high and it makes for a bigger lottery to draw more attention, but then no one will be gifting too many tickets.

Yes, that is also my question, given that 1 lotto share for each ticket, then should we support 1.5 tickets, which in another perspective is one ticket which priced and equal to 1.5 lotto shares.

If we do not support 1.5 tickets and the price for one ticket is fixed, then I should consider remove the amount field in ticket, simple is good.

Of course user interface can handle valid inputs for UX, but the chain should also validate which kind of ticket is valid for feature support.

Simple is good.  Having the decimals is useful but it makes the lotto a little less like a traditional lotto.  There is more for people to understand.  "What is .5 of a ticket??  Do I get paid less or half the chance at winning ?"   On the other hand, fractional pricing lets anyone play.

If you can find a way to gift tickets, I would go with fractional tickets.  I think there is a lot of opportunity there for someone to give away small tickets.  Then again, it might just lower the average ticket purchase.

This is why I was asking about an email DAC.  With email DAC you could gift tickets to email addresses.  Granted, the email providing DAC would have to be trusted... shrug
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Then it becomes the question what is price of 1 ticket ?  Price it high and it makes for a bigger lottery to draw more attention, but then no one will be gifting too many tickets.

Yes, that is also my question, given that 1 lotto share for each ticket, then should we support 1.5 tickets, which in another perspective is one ticket which priced and equal to 1.5 lotto shares.

If we do not support 1.5 tickets and the price for one ticket is fixed, then I should consider remove the amount field in ticket, simple is good.

Of course user interface can handle valid inputs for UX, but the chain should also validate which kind of ticket is valid for feature support.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Lotto Ticket is to support float amount prize, be in your balance as a kind of asset. Not spendable and transferable.

There is challenge for rule layer designer, about how will the amount influence your jackpot drawing, but that is up to rule layer, I think may be odds is also involved together with amount to affect the result of jackpots.

Ticket has owner, so people could buy ticket for other people as the owner of the ticket, which could be useful in the charity donation, donate in tickets?

I think the amount of the jackpot should not be influenced by the amount in your ticket balance.  You just get more tries at winning. Just make it mimick a regular lottery drawing.  (Am I understanding the question?) Your code in backend does not have to match how it is presented to the user. You likely do not want to give people who have more tickets a payout based on the amount of tickets while also increasing the odds they win by the amount of tickets.  I'm not sure if that is what you are suggesting but giving anyone a better edge based on volume seems like a bad idea offhand.  I suppose it could be bad for some players but actually pull in more tickets because people would want the edge from volume entries.  I think at that point you are asking for too much rationality from lottery players.

Regarding buying tickets for others.  At first I thought it is not worth doing but it gives a way for people to bring others into the ecosystem by a gift/tip/donation.  It would be nice if somehow you could have a code that could be "redeemed" so if some generous third party wished to donate or "make it rain" tickets then they could.  That is one of the ways dogecoin made off.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:13:58 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Play Ticket is to support float amount prize, be in your balance as a kind of asset. Not spendable and transferable.

There is challenge for rule layer designer, about how will the amount influence your jackpot drawing, but that is up to rule layer, I think may be odds is also involved together with amount to affect the result of jackpots.

Ticket has owner, so people could buy ticket for other people as the owner of the ticket, which could be useful in the charity donation, donate in tickets?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:35:53 am by HackFisher »