Author Topic: A Conspiracy Theorist Vindicated:  (Read 13606 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
My thoughts:

Tim Ferriss: I met the guy and read his book (4 hour workweek) while it was still an unpublished manuscript. I got ahold of it because Tony Robbins had a copy, my girlfriend worked for Tony and brought a copy home saying I'd love it....long story short:  I did love it and told Tim it would be a best seller....his response? "I know it will."  Went on to be one the HUGE NYT bestseller that it is.... Great book, great guy, not sure he'd be the right fit to interview Dan. I can reach out to him, though its been quite a few years. He's still a rock star in my mind. 

Max Keiser:  I've already been working on trying to get Dan on Keiser's show for a few months now.  Its not easy to get ahold of Keiser and although Ethereum got on the show, I think in general Keiser's people had a hard time understanding Ethereum and perhaps for that reason aren't interested in any other next gen crytpto technologies like bitshares.  We're still working on several angles to get an interview on Keiser's show.

Ben Swann: Now this is a possibility.   I was approached by someone in the publishing business who said Swann would have an interest in covering us. This isn't as high profile as Keiser, but he does have a big audience. Waiting on further details before we can move forward on that one.

I agree, Dan is getting much better with these interviews, and more focused with the message each time he does one.  For a brand new organization less than 6 months old we've had an insane amount of press (hats off to Matt Reynolds for making a lot of it happen).   Forbes, WSJournal, Fortune, Economist, etc...we have no lack of coverage, to be fair.   

I fully intend to continue taking advantage of press in the future, but I think the focus now should be on execution by Dan and the whole team, a focus on creating, testing and implementing software, launching profitable DACS (with others also launching DACs) and the like, rather than focusing on publicity.  We can only toot our own horn so much about how what we're doing is going to change the world before we have to actually go out and do it.   

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

I am not familiar with Tim Ferris.  I has to google him but am familar with his book.  It seems he likes to apply new things directly to himself.  Not so much interviewing though.  Am I wrong ?  It would be hard for him to apply Bitshares to himself and work it into a show.

Max Keiser would be a good fit. Does he do radio interviews?  The guy works for a Russian propaganda machine, but it gets the message out there and to the right crowd.

Tim Ferris is an author/entrepreneur/lifehacker.  He recently started a podcast and has a television show coming out too.  He runs the second most popular syndicate on AngelList (https://angel.co/syndicates) and has over 222k likes on facebook.  His first book, The Four Hour Workweek focused a lot on automation, and how to automate as much of your business and life as possible, which is why I think he'd be all for autonomous companies.

From his AngelList profile (https://angel.co/tim):
Tim Ferriss
Advisor: Uber, Evernote, Shopify, Automattic, etc. Early investor: Twitter, FB, Alibaba, etc. Blog with 1M+ readers/month. Author of three #1 NYT/WSJ bestsellers. Featured by 100+ media outlets (NYT, Dr. Oz, etc.).

And his blog: http://fourhourworkweek.com/blog/

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I like the idea of getting Joe Rogan onto this :)

Dan's last public speaking presentation was very good. Aside from a small conspiratorial aside (everyone ignored this warning of mine) at the beginning it was flawless.

It needs to be seen by everyone.

As a final note: I think to rely on alliances with people on the fringe, and even fanboys (like me, etc.), is very dangerous; many people on the forums, and on the fringe etc. are here for singular reasons, and appreciate your ideas etc., for reasons that do not necessarily generalize.
Aside from a small conspiratorial aside (everyone ignored this warning of mine) at the beginning it was flawless.
What do you mean?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I like the idea of getting Joe Rogan onto this :)

Dan's last public speaking presentation was very good. Aside from a small conspiratorial aside (everyone ignored this warning of mine) at the beginning it was flawless.

It needs to be seen by everyone.

As a final note: I think to rely on alliances with people on the fringe, and even fanboys (like me, etc.), is very dangerous; many people on the forums, and on the fringe etc. are here for singular reasons, and appreciate your ideas etc., for reasons that do not necessarily generalize.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
This was about Ethereum and Hoskinson's motivations compared to Dan's. 

Let us be clear. This vindicates nothing about motivations.

What Dan has over everyone else is the ability to change his mind without nostalgic delay.
The people in this space, however intelligent, will cling to POW out of nostalgia, even in the face of grave danger of centralization.
This is because the alternatives are not given honest thought; they suppress the hope of alternatives as they cling to the old - and what then remains?
What remains is that they have to protect POW from all objections, as it is the only (to them) "conceivable" alternative to the current state of the centralized etcetc. world economy.

Offline fuzzy

If you have to fight, you're doing it wrong.

-- Ernest Hancock

+5%
But the speaking of a truth that another wants to conceal (to the detriment of others) is not fighting.  The point is valid though...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
If you have to fight, you're doing it wrong.

-- Ernest Hancock
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
 +5% +5% GREAT! I feel better criticizing than praising so! That was real good (I listened to both hours 3 and 4)

The only small problem was that Dan was encouraged to continue prophet-ing instead of designing and coding. And while I can see how he is great at this (too), I would like him to finish securing the profiting part. And securing the profiting means finishing the product. When we have the product he can go and expand the profiting by prophet-ing. (credit for propheting – profiting goes to Stan)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I am not familiar with Tim Ferris.  I has to google him but am familar with his book.  It seems he likes to apply new things directly to himself.  Not so much interviewing though.  Am I wrong ?  It would be hard for him to apply Bitshares to himself and work it into a show.

Max Keiser would be a good fit. Does he do radio interviews?  The guy works for a Russian propaganda machine, but it gets the message out there and to the right crowd.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
We need to get him on Joe Rogan.  Maybe we could start a tweet campaign for Joe to wake the f*ck up and listen to this cat Dan Larimer.

+5%
Joe Rogan, Max Keiser and Tim Ferris.  The whole DAC concept would be very appealing to Tim Ferris, as it matches his own philosophies.  How do we get his attention?

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Yea, I'm impressed with Dan's presentation.

Dan's one-on-one explanation on radio is better than his presentations to crowds, IMO.

We need to get him on Joe Rogan.  Maybe we could start a tweet campaign for Joe to wake the f*ck up and listen to this cat Dan Larimer.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:59:32 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Yeah I listened to it,  I think most people here (on the Bitshares forum) already get the controllable/centralising threat Bitcoin and Ethereum pose.

I thought Daniel did a good job explaining stuff but it was interesting to hear how layman link Bithsares & Bitcoin together and that they think Blockchains are tied to Bitcoin too. I think it would be worth working on a real laymans sales pitch to make clear how Bitshares is different.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:43:19 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline fuzzy

Basically I've been saying that Dan has the philosophy that Satoshi had intended while other projects like Bitcoin and Ethereum have strayed away from those principles that made cryptocurrency valuable to all people.  Hard to believe that people like Hosk didn't see these potential problems with the current state of crypto--yet choose to move forward with these ridiculous plans.

It is worth listening to even if you have to fast forward to the "good parts".

Yeah that's long can you let us know the section of the video you're referring to.

starts about midway.  the dude does tend to rant alot for through most of the first half...gives Dan a little more real estate in the second half though. I'd say start it around 30 min.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:31:15 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Yeah that's long can you let us know the section of the video you're referring to.