Author Topic: ByteMaster and Sunny King Shop Talk--Thursday, May 8th @ 4:00-6:00PM EST  (Read 16229 times)

charleshoskinson

be friendly and peaceful fuz!
*skepticism should be directed towards systems / incentive structures and not against people.

I appreciate charles' presence here on the forum. Both communities win and can colaborate! Both sides loose in a war (always!), friendly collaboration makes everyone gain. Also being friendly on a personal/individual level is the only possible basis to criticize the other one's systems in a rational and constructive way. I don't see any contradiction with my critique of ethereum and a welcoming attitude towards its creators.

I appreciate that perspective and also share it.

Specialized ASICs and big money will not be required for him to have access...it is my sincere hope he can appreciate this ease of access!

Fuz you have been spreading this FUD for weeks throughout many channels. We do not endorse ASICs and have gone on record many times specifically stating that our goal is to have an ASIC immune CPU friendly algorithm. It is even listed as a research problem for the CCRG agenda. It is a lie. Please stop saying it.

As for funding, we have received no outside investment. 100 percent of Ethereum's operations have thus far been covered by people within the project including myself. We have no relationship with Goldman Sachs or any bank nor will receive an investment from them. I campaigned in 2008 for Ron Paul in Colorado, Iowa and New Hampshire against the corruption of banks and find your recent comments enormously offensive to both my history in this space and to the people working on the Ethereum project.

Charles has a terrific command of the space. If he were to throw support behind BitShares, things would move very fast after product launch.

I've always believed Bitshares has great potential, which is why I was one of the founders of Invictus, my name is on the original whitepaper and I helped Invictus receive its first round of VC investment from Bitfund.pe. I also believe that like Bitcoin, Bitshares is an economic experiment that requires a great deal of market testing prior to making claims about what is possible, which was why I recruited Dr. Charles Evans who originally came from the Bitcoin Education Project (another venture I started with Drs. Brian Goss and Nikos Bentinitis) and Emanuele Costa- an Italian quant from England.

It seems Bitshares is currently most handicapped by poor execution and a lack of development methodology like SCRUM. There also still doesn't seem to be significant cryptographic talent on the team after all these months to review the code that will eventually be trusted with millions in wealth. We recruited Drs. Koblitz and Merkle amongst others to assist us on the Ethereum side and I'd highly encourage the Bitshares team to consider someone like Peter Todd at the very least to sculpt their efforts.

My criticisms aside, I would like to point out that delivering great software to market is very hard. You never quite get it right regardless of the planning and team. It's really not a game of perfection, but rather a constant vigilant obsession with getting it better and listening to the users of the software. Thus people ought to focus more on the infrastructure that has been built to this end, instead of particular flaws that have appeared. You also have to have a clear goal of what you want to deliver to your users and manage expectations accordingly.   
I love to see that happen !!!

Wow!  Sunny K,  Daniel L and Charles H.   :) :) :)

Bo, we should do another panel like the one in Miami at some point in the future. Also thanks for agreeing to show Vitalik around China. Try to keep him out of trouble.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:37:53 pm by charleshoskinson »

Offline boshen1011

• Keyhotee ID:Bo
    • View Profile
I love to see that happen !!!

Wow!  Sunny K,  Daniel L and Charles H.   :) :) :)

bitbro

Charles has a terrific command of the space. If he were to throw support behind BitShares, things would move very fast after product launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
 +5% +5% +5%
PPC - XPM   have a good vibe for me and a collaboration, even in the form of exchanging ideas would benefit both communities.

I will not be able to listen to the conversation though so please post it afterwards..

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
really lookin forward to his talk. primecoin was the first crypto i ever had the pleasure of mining

sentimental hype +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline fuzzy

I remember that mic quite well. It's probably still in the Floyd ranch in the basement next to that ridiculous tri - monitor thunderbolt setup. Another fun fact is that I recorded all of the udemy bitcoin lectures on the mic.

Did you guys ever upgrade the bridge?

The timing of this good jesture is not lost on skeptical fuznuts...

fuznuts wishes so that the world did not require such skepticism...
*skepticism should be directed towards systems / incentive structures and not against people.

I appreciate charles' presence here on the forum. Both communities win and can colaborate! Both sides loose in a war (always!), friendly collaboration makes everyone gain. Also being friendly on a personal/individual level is the only possible basis to criticize the other one's systems in a rational and constructive way. I don't see any contradiction with my critique of ethereum and a welcoming attitude towards its creators.

I am friendly and peaceful.  There is literally one place where a really strong urge not to be arises...and I think everyone here knows the focal point.  I am an open book and my intentions to help the community are (hopefully) obvious.   

This is not the thread to start this again though as my reasons are available, clear, and remain up and on the record--for good or ill.   

Sunny King and Bytemaster have very similar philosophies which is why this is going to be a beautiful coupling of great crypto thinkers.  Their work and their conversation will be open and available for Hoskinson to listen to and propagate as he sees fit.  Specialized ASICs and big money will not be required for him to have access...it is my sincere hope he can appreciate this ease of access!

*P.S. this will be in text format and likely put to audio afterward.  We could also use the chat log to derive community questions for Bytemaster regarding his thoughts on specific points made during the conversation. 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:52:13 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I remember that mic quite well. It's probably still in the Floyd ranch in the basement next to that ridiculous tri - monitor thunderbolt setup. Another fun fact is that I recorded all of the udemy bitcoin lectures on the mic.

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:32:34 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline testz

charleshoskinson

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

OMG, a true-blue BM fanboy :)

If BM stands for Bowel Movement, then yes, I'm a big fan of staying regular.

Offline bytemaster

Haven't made it yet, can't make it this time. Damn.  I'll catch the podcast though.  All the sessions are being recorded right?

Yes they are.  This particular one will have Legend as the Voice of Sunny King though.

A+ good shit! Make Dan get a microphone!

Lol...just goes to show you where his priorities are for spending AGS funds are

I actually have a high quality studio mic that Charles H. bought and left for me.  I use it when Mumble cooperates. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Two giants take the stage together. Great event. I'm thrilled that you're collaborating even in some small way. 

For an encore, how about bringing in the ghost of BCNext?
OMG, a true-blue BM fanboy :)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Two giants take the stage together. Great event. I'm thrilled that you're collaborating even in some small way. 

For an encore, how about bringing in the ghost of BCNext?