Author Topic: ByteMaster and Sunny King Shop Talk--Thursday, May 8th @ 4:00-6:00PM EST  (Read 16228 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
That was the real Sunny King. Here's the imposter:

Offline Sentinelrv

• View Profile
Has this been posted anywhere yet?

Yes, I made up the transcript here...

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2794.0

Sunny King agreed to talk? I think it never happened before.

It's was once over IRC:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313108.0

PS: Sunny King nice guy  :)

The person in IRC was confirmed by Sunny King to be an impostor, sorry.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I've always believed Bitshares has great potential, which is why I was one of the founders of Invictus, my name is on the original whitepaper and I helped Invictus receive its first round of VC investment from Bitfund.pe. I also believe that like Bitcoin, Bitshares is an economic experiment that requires a great deal of market testing prior to making claims about what is possible, which was why I recruited Dr. Charles Evans who originally came from the Bitcoin Education Project (another venture I started with Drs. Brian Goss and Nikos Bentinitis) and Emanuele Costa- an Italian quant from England.

I am impressed. Many others I supposed  too. Give us please your ETH tipping address .... hm, sorry, your BTC/PTS tipping address so we have all the oportunity to donate  a couple of frappuccinos...
Posts like this just help to act out aggression and are hate driven.
Fuz' last post expressed his own opinion and gave the reasons for why he feels so. It also explicitly stated what is fact and what is supposition. 
Can we not all agree on some basic discussion culture without personal offence?

Delulo, you are an invaluable member of this community man.  Now when are you going to be hosting a chat with Stallman?
Thanks man! I wrote him quite a long reply and added that there is time to get back to me. I think he also is travelling atm...

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I've always believed Bitshares has great potential, which is why I was one of the founders of Invictus, my name is on the original whitepaper and I helped Invictus receive its first round of VC investment from Bitfund.pe. I also believe that like Bitcoin, Bitshares is an economic experiment that requires a great deal of market testing prior to making claims about what is possible, which was why I recruited Dr. Charles Evans who originally came from the Bitcoin Education Project (another venture I started with Drs. Brian Goss and Nikos Bentinitis) and Emanuele Costa- an Italian quant from England.

I am impressed. Many others I supposed  too. Give us please your ETH tipping address .... hm, sorry, your BTC/PTS tipping address so we have all the oportunity to donate  a couple of frappuccinos...
Fuz' last post expressed his own opinion and gave the reasons for why he feels so. It also explicitly stated what is fact and what is supposition. 

My apologizes. I am not proud for my last posts either. But it is not hate driven, really! I don't even know him personnaly... Just was uppset at that time with what i had read...
I say official sorry to Charles and will delete the last posts.
Thanks! A constructive and in general welcoming attitude towards everyone is an asset of its own within a community supporting a cause and the devs behind the cause. No one is perfect and forgiving is the most noble quality which in the end will also bring success along the way.

Offline fuzzy

Delulo, you are an invaluable member of this community man.  Now when are you going to be hosting a chat with Stallman?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

My apologizes. I am not proud for my last posts either. But it is not hate driven, really! I don't even know him personnaly... Just was uppset at that time with what i had read...
I say official sorry to Charles and will delete the last posts.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:45:21 pm by liondani »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Is there a place where we can see exactly where your funding is coming from?  Is there transparency to a degree that anyone can audit your funding at present?  These are very solid questions that everyone should be asking before considering investing.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline fuzzy

be friendly and peaceful fuz!
*skepticism should be directed towards systems / incentive structures and not against people.

I appreciate charles' presence here on the forum. Both communities win and can colaborate! Both sides loose in a war (always!), friendly collaboration makes everyone gain. Also being friendly on a personal/individual level is the only possible basis to criticize the other one's systems in a rational and constructive way. I don't see any contradiction with my critique of ethereum and a welcoming attitude towards its creators.

I appreciate that perspective and also share it.

Specialized ASICs and big money will not be required for him to have access...it is my sincere hope he can appreciate this ease of access!

Fuz you have been spreading this FUD for weeks throughout many channels. We do not endorse ASICs and have gone on record many times specifically stating that our goal is to have an ASIC immune CPU friendly algorithm. It is even listed as a research problem for the CCRG agenda. It is a lie. Please stop saying it.

As for funding, we have received no outside investment. 100 percent of Ethereum's operations have thus far been covered by people within the project including myself. We have no relationship with Goldman Sachs or any bank nor will receive an investment from them. I campaigned in 2008 for Ron Paul in Colorado, Iowa and New Hampshire against the corruption of banks and find your recent comments enormously offensive to both my history in this space and to the people working on the Ethereum project.

I specifically recall you speaking of using specialized ASICs.  I do not intentionally spread "FUD".  With that said, the context may have been slightly different to what you are thinking because although you speak of trying to keep things CPU friendly in many of your interviews, it also has been basically admitted that this will only create ASIC-resistance--we know where that always ends (specialized ASICs).  To me, I have learned my lesson on ASIC-resistance, first from litecoin and even here with PTS's "memory-hard" mining.  Botnets are no different from ASICs with regard to centralization--but I do not see much about that.  Perhaps I need to read more.  Still queezy in the stomach....

With regard to Goldman Sachs...all people are able to judge for themselves if they want to support something with Ex-Goldman Sachs advisors/analysts.  I am not and it is hard to see how anyone who worked for a libertarian campaign would be willing to.  I am only one person, but is it not fair for me to say "no thanks" to that proposition?  I simply tell people there is potentially a very real danger there.  Sure they may be great people...but they also may not be--considering the institution for which they at one time chose to work, I for one am not willing to take the risk of supporting something that may have them invested in any way.  Can we seriously say there is such a severe lack of talent out there that we need to bring people who worked for the Robo-signing "Market-Makers" into the development of what you want to make the New Internet? 

I will gladly change my mind if you can show me quotes of these individuals resigning angrily from Goldman:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nPzUnvyb3w  pretty sure this guy is not one of the GS guys you have working for you, but if so I apologize. 

Is there a place where we can see exactly where your funding is coming from?  Is there transparency to a degree that anyone can audit your funding at present?  These are very solid questions that everyone should be asking before considering investing. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
A .. come on .. really?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I'm happy if they're cooperating and I'm not trying to make things worse. But if Hoskinson is going to post these supposedly conciliatory messages in the Bitshares forum, I'd just suggest that he try not to lace them with these underhanded accusations. Read any of his longer messages; there's always bitterness and accusations woven in there, under the veil of supposedly taking the high road with Ethereum. I appreciate all the good stuff and would prefer to focus on that...and the future.

Taking the high road.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:06:30 pm by donkeypong »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I dont know about the video and its circumstances but I am sure there are always two to make a fight. I just hope we can leave all the childish stuff behind one day... 

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It was Dan Larimer who then recorded a hidden cam video of Vitalik answering a loaded question.

I have seen that video and I think you've seriously overreacted to it. Dan Larimer did not ask a "loaded" question; it was fair, open-ended and did not presume any particular response. There are many other people in the frame who were watching Vitalik and Dan, at least ten or so who were crowding around to hear his answer (which he could have declined to give or said "we're still working on that" if he'd not had a good response). It's very obvious from Vitalik's reaction and body language that he knows it's a public answer; his response is not private, but being published to the community. At times, he looks towards whoever was holding up the camera to record. Come on, dude, Vitalik's not an idiot, and that camera was in plain sight. Dan Larimer's question simply asked how Ethereum plans to process all that activity, and it was a reasonable, fair question that a lot of others in the Bitshares, Mastercoin, and NXT communities had wondered about after seeing all the pomp and circumstance of Ethereum's supposed IPO. I'm glad you guys are smoking the peace pipe. I don't think dredging up stuff like this and mischaracterizing it is going to help your cause at all, either for being cooperative or for having Bitshares community members help support Ethereum's work. You can do better.