Author Topic: Professional writer who understands all the details  (Read 33865 times)

merockstar

Alrighty, here is a rough draft of the Airdrop/Snapshot portion. If you folks would be so kind as to fact check, proofread, and criticize, I would be much obliged. Meanwhile, I will go try to wrap my head around this "market peg" thing. Also, ideas for pictures would be very helpful. There's that neat graph explaining snapshots, but I don't really want to just gank that. I'm aiming for unique content.

***article removed, please see more current draft posted on page five of this thread***
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:53:06 pm by merockstar »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

merockstar

photoshop/gimp/pinta is definitely a non-talent of mine.

gonna need community input on visuals

toast, thanks for the links- scoping them out now. already got a paragraph written.

PS: it's almost 2AM EST June 18th 2014 and i'm in the chatroom right now if anybody wants to collaborate on this
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:50:15 am by merockstar »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Here are some resources:

http://bitshares.org/blog/
http://pad.xeroc.org/list

Snapshots/sharedrops are a good start. Stan wrote a bit in the blog, so I think for this we actually need a concise explanation with some visuals. This should help: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5065.msg66595#msg66595

The market peg refers to the mechanism by which BitAsset tracks Asset. There are several good blog posts already, so again a concise explanation with visuals for the BTS X info site would be good.
http://bitshares.org/bookie-bobs-solution-to-bitcoin-volatility/
http://bitshares.org/what-is-bitshares-x/

Thank you very much. I am sure we'll find a way to make it worth your while.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

merockstar

alright, i'm on this.

gamey, biophil, tbkmcjl i say we make it a collaborative effort.

between us and anybody else who wants to have some input we oughta be able to comprise one person with complete understanding who isn't a dev.

i'll post it here and credit anybody who helps me with it by pointing out things to address and/or proofreading it.

so, I'm literally trying to come up with something as we speak, i figure i'll just go down toast's list.

first thing's first, snapshots and airdrops-- i'm pretty sure I have a solid understanding of those concepts, but if there's any points you'd like to make sure I don't miss, please post them now.

also, wtf is a market peg? does that refer to how bitUSD and bitGOLD would be pegged to their real life market values so that people can short?

toast, and other devs, your input is certainly welcome, but don't feel obliged-- i know you guys are busy and we got this (i hope).

as for thread necromancy... im pretty sure it was still on the first or second page, i think that says something about the size of this community (and the potential for profit if these DAC things blow up) :P

yinchanggong-- i wish i spoke mandarin, bro
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:32:07 am by merockstar »

Offline yinchanggong

• View Profile
    • 微博 引长弓Fate
Holy thread necromancy... OP was over a month ago.

does it pay well?

I don't have spending control of AGS, perhaps someone who does will offer tips?

hey toast--

this is stuff i've written so far

if you want, I could research each topic individually and try to take a stab at it, then have you double check everything. it would take me a minute though.

your call.

That would be awesome. Your writing is great. The more people wrap their heads around this the better, since then we don't have to be the ones re-explaining these things. Stan + Charles's blog posts are about the only content we have at this point.
Hey toast, I hold the topic in chinese forum. And we will use the bts donations as reward. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5104.0
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:33:59 am by yinchanggong »
BTSX delegate: google.helloworld    microsoft.helloworld
BTSX Account:yinchg   Manager of BTSXCHINA Charity Fund
引长弓Fate 新浪微博

Offline toast

• View Profile
Holy thread necromancy... OP was over a month ago.

does it pay well?

I don't have spending control of AGS, perhaps someone who does will offer tips?

hey toast--

if you want, I could research each topic individually and try to take a stab at it, then have you double check everything. it would take me a minute though.

your call.

That would be awesome. Your writing is great. The more people wrap their heads around this the better, since then we don't have to be the ones re-explaining these things. Stan + Charles's blog posts are about the only content we have at this point.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

merockstar

hey toast--

your call.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I might be interested in doing parts of this, but I am not a very good writer.  A few times in my life I've been told I can write well. Well maybe twice... So I am not about to volunteer for this sort of thing.  Besides I'm a developer, not a writer.

However, I would suggest that perhaps people pair up. Find a technical guy who may not be a very good writer but whom could spit out a decent first edition and have their work edited by someone who could smooth out grammar/confusion/syntax etc.

Very similar to Dan's ideas on delegates.

Actually I mentioned writing a DAC to do just this sort of work. Where the edits are all kept on blockchain and payment voted on by those who buy shares, etc.  I don't think anyone responded to the idea proposal, but IMO it could be useful as a throw-away DAC for just this type of thing.  (I'm going off topic...)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I wish I had a little more time on my hands. I would so love to do this, but between training for my ultra and working on my PhD, I just don't think I can make any more commitments.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

merockstar

looking forward to reading what comes of this if somebody answers this call.

I'm only clear on about half that stuff <_<

Offline JoeyD

I noticed Toast seems to have a good grasp on things, plus he seems to have that rare talent of humour as well. Almost sad to see he's part of the core-team now, ... almost.

Offline toast

• View Profile
There is not a large intersection of people who "get it" and people who write well. Crowdsourcing doesn't cut it as editing by core team is another 80% work on top.

Stan and Charles Evans are good, but who else?

These concepts need to be clearly presented and curated:

* snapshots/airdrops
* market peg
* DAC as social dilemma solving machines
* DPOS & evolution of blockchain security model
* "guide to bitshares intro guides"
* "intro to bitshares" *tailored towards audiences* with separate entry points
    * cryptocurrency geeks
    * normal geeks
    * investors
    * average person
* complete understanding of bts x, me, lotto, dns, feeds & derivatives, ID,\
* what is theoretically possible with dac and what is not
* understanding of reasons why people who make good decisions choose to buy things