Author Topic: BitShares PTS2 - Community Input Thread  (Read 48539 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
My first thoughts:
Which will win? That one that has more "inside" knowledge!
That means 3I first and secondly we the community members...
Why?* Because we will sell (to the "outsiders" that have lack of informations) our PTS immediately after the snapshot but the "outsiders" will sell after us in panic (to other "ousiders" they are still not informed).. ... etc ... ... etc .... (just a scenario)

*I am sure there are alot of holders they don't have a clue about what will happen.... and they will loose...
  So "maybe" it is bless we are here, having the oportunity to discuss about what will happen the next days, so we are prepared to choose a optimal strategy our at least a better one that the the average Joey will "peek"...

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
everyone seems confused - me too!

10% PTS and 10% AGS at least for new DACs from Invictus so far

what happens when PTS 2 is released?

PTS2 is an upgrade so it must honor its predecessor 1 for 1.  A mere upgrade should never siphon value from an existing chain to give to another group.

Now, if you are releasing a new chain, you want to attract all the competitive advantages for it you can.  Honoring PTS 10% and AGS 10% gets you their support and our support.  That leaves you 80% to go after other demographic groups, fund development, fund marketing, or whatever.
Hi stan
          to my undertanding it is a upgrade , it is simple thing , I think a better way is to announce a forced update. then everybody can understand this.

Yes, I tried that.  Got called "arrogant" for even considering such a thing.   :)

Bottom line is we usually have to explain all our new ideas several different ways before everyone gets comfortable with it.

You mean before everybody is tired to argue with all twists and turns, that you represent the simple truth that YOU want the money and YOU will decide what to do with them?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:31:45 am by Simeon II »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

All I know is that when the diff changes on PTS those guys who have GPU farms lined up will make a killing for a few days.  Then we will be back to slowness.

So the guys currently securing the network are being grossly underpaid, then diff corrects and a few well capitalized profiteers will come through and slurp up a huge amount of PTS in days and we'll be back to square one on the following diff.

Either fork it to just fix the difficulty at a reasonable rate... or do something.  I frankly don't care.  All I know is it is currently broken on multiple levels.  Or find a dev who can put in KGW or what have you.  That might introduce bugs so I'd suggest hardcoding diff and being done with it...

... Or do something like Stan is suggesting ..
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
I understand the pts  will like a warrant.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

PTS2 is an upgrade so it must honor its predecessor 1 for 1.  A mere upgrade should never siphon value from an existing chain to give to another group.

Now, if you are releasing a new chain, you want to attract all the competitive advantages for it you can.  Honoring PTS 10% and AGS 10% gets you their support and our support.  That leaves you 80% to go after other demographic groups, fund development, fund marketing, or whatever.
Hi stan
          to my undertanding it is a upgrade , it is simple thing , I think a better way is to announce a forced update. then everybody can understand this.

Yes, I tried that.  Got called "arrogant" for even considering such a thing.   :)

Bottom line is we usually have to explain all our new ideas several different ways before everyone gets comfortable with it.
Yes  I understand you  +5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

lzr1900

DPOS frees up 300,000 that would have been needed to pay miners.

What do to with them is the question.

Not mining them (i.e. burning them) would give a 15% one time windfall to PTS holders even though it was AGS donations that made the DPOS breakthrough possible.

We think those savings from that R&D should be used to benefit everyone in our industry.

I think that 300,000 saved PTS honors 50/50 to PTS/AGS would be a good choice.
yay.why we have to reserve the 300,000 PTS2 to the fund?I3 have already got enough fund from age to promote BTS.Just honors 50/50 PTS/AGS would be a better solution .

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Not mining them (i.e. burning them) would give a 15% one time windfall to PTS holders even though it was AGS donations that made the DPOS breakthrough possible.

We think those savings from that R&D should be used to benefit everyone in our industry.

But how would that bring in more new demand from outside our community?
Wouldn't using it to grow the value of what you have already got increase your wealth more?
We think so, so we have recommended going after new demand and getting the network effect up there to protect your investment from forking raiders.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline 天籁

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
I like proof of burn.
It is fair.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline game

• View Profile
bts id :ngy       币民中国:bimin.cn  
南宫远 微博 http://weibo.com/u/1148996901

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Hi stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

Hi stan
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
All DACs have snapshots that honor something.
Upgrade DACs honor their predecessor.
New DACs honor their industry parent which honor PTS/AGS.
If a DAC is the first in a new industry, it honors PTS/AGS directly, just like XT did on February 28.

When an upgrade occurs it can be done either by hard fork if there is delegate consensus or as an alternative chain if not. 

When an alternative chain is offered, everybody gets shares in both via the snapshot mechanism.  As long as there are users for both, they can co-exist like Coke Classic and New Coke a few decades ago.  The expectation is that one or the other of the products will win and the other will fade to zero - but that is up to the market to decide.

Been sitting quietly on the sidelines watching this forum everyday. Recently there was a thread: Today I loose confidence in I3. I thought come on guys, just be patient some great products will come. And so far your logic always made sense.

But the coexistence of PTS and PTS2 just seems like a quick money scheme, the fact that you're considering to do this even before the AGS funding is over, makes me think you're having funding problems. Another million would be enough for now, but what will you come up with, when those funds have dried up?

For investors your making the deal more complicated than it already is, now they have to choose between holding PTS and PTS2, because DAC's can choose to honor either one

PTS will drop from the top 10 coin market list, because it has effectively lost half it's value.

Sorry to be cynical, I still believe in I3, but this just doesn't make any sense.

No money problems.  Our books are open for inspection.

We need to upgrade PTS because people have been complaining about how slow it is.

The logical upgrade that solves everything is DPOS.

By calling attention to PTS and all the things its good for, we generate demand that we hope will grow the value of PTS and its children and therefore of AGS far more than any other plan we have heard.

PTS will climb on coinmarketcap as others learn what it is good for.  Other BitShares DACs will appear there too as the promotions generates demand for them.

Demand for increased marketing effort (and the desire by this community to be seen as generous) has been all over this forum for months.

We listened.

We came up with a plan that  would do all of the above.

We offer it as an alternative you can choose or reject.