Author Topic: noteworthy events  (Read 3987 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Unfortunately, we didn't make this event, but I heard it was awesome.  We will definitely be at Money 20/20 however, later in the year.  An equally impressive event. B

Offline jae208

• View Profile
This event certainly is jam packed with serious heavy hitters (I'm a huge Ray Kurzweil fan). The cost is steep ($3750) for a ticket but it certainly could lead to powerful new contacts for us.  Bytemaster I'm sure won't be able to attend but I could, if the team supports the idea. Will run by bytemaster and see if it's a possibility.  B

you get a $750 discount with code SUFRIEND

Peter Diamandis says, “An exponential organization is one whose impact (or output) is disproportionally large compared to its number of employees because of its use of networks, automation and/or its leveraging of the crowd.”

Yep, I3 certainly doesn't have thousands and thousands of employees but is working on something that in my opinion will change the world. Perhaps, that is why Google wanted two of you. :)

In fact what is being worked on here is aligned with the world view of these people.

So you wouldn't have to convince them that Bitcoin is more than just currency and that the underlying technology allows
for other applications of distributed trust.

You probably wouldn't face as much resistance from them as Peter Schiff.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:09:53 am by jae208 »
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
$3750 is like one days worth of PTS, I say go for it. If it is possible to hook someone there, Brian is the one to do it.

Send Brian to talk to the media, and send Daniel to talk to the industry leaders. Spend $20k on this event if necessary. This is exactly what the marketing budget should be used for.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
This event certainly is jam packed with serious heavy hitters (I'm a huge Ray Kurzweil fan). The cost is steep ($3750) for a ticket but it certainly could lead to powerful new contacts for us.  Bytemaster I'm sure won't be able to attend but I could, if the team supports the idea. Will run by bytemaster and see if it's a possibility.  B

+5% but also thinking a dev on your side would be very helpful
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
$3750 is like one days worth of PTS, I say go for it. If it is possible to hook someone there, Brian is the one to do it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:00:57 pm by CLains »

Offline bobmaloney

I support using AGS, but not without a developer.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Go for it Brian, and use this to save some $

(Be sure to enter the code SUFRIEND for a $750 discount on General Participant tickets.)

Offline onceuponatime

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I'd also guess it is worth the money...

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I support using AGS to send Brian  +5%
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%
if necessary why not go alone .. or with toast maybe?

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
http://singularityhub.com/2014/05/09/discover-the-convergence-of-tech-and-finance-at-the-exponential-finance-conference-june-10-11/

Reason: Transhumanists, etc. are one of the very few groups who wholeheartedly accept adapting technology to make the world a better place, they understand exponential and transformative growth, they are tech savvy, they are tired of the old system, they are pioneers, they are quickly becoming the new wealthy elite, they are visionaries, ..

I think we definitely need someone from Bitshares there. Bytemaster?

+5% +5%

Wow... How could I miss this thread. Thanks for Bumping

EDIT: Brian!!! WE NEED AN (TECH) ARTICLE THERE!

+5% +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wow... How could I miss this thread. Thanks for Bumping

EDIT: Brian!!! WE NEED AN (TECH) ARTICLE THERE!

Offline jae208

• View Profile
http://singularityhub.com/2014/05/09/discover-the-convergence-of-tech-and-finance-at-the-exponential-finance-conference-june-10-11/

Reason: Transhumanists, etc. are one of the very few groups who wholeheartedly accept adapting technology to make the world a better place, they understand exponential and transformative growth, they are tech savvy, they are tired of the old system, they are pioneers, they are quickly becoming the new wealthy elite, they are visionaries, ..

I think we definitely need someone from Bitshares there. Bytemaster?
I consider myself a singularitarian/transhumanist
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials