Author Topic: ELI5: MMC into LottoShares  (Read 3358 times)

Offline minigwar

• View Profile
Thanks Greg. Once the LottoShares movement happens, I probably will take you up on that offer!

Thanks!

Ggozzo

You will import your MMC wallet into lottoshares. Tada! Now you have MMC *and* lottoshares.

Again, I've never dealt with other currencies. How would or will I "import" my mmc wallet into lottoshares ?

In the MMC, Bitshares-PTS,  BTC or Doge wallets, you will do the following in the debug console:
* Do not enter parenthesis, and put a space inbetween each thing.
* the 100 is the number of seconds the wallet will remain unlocked. Type any number you want.

walletpassphrase (your encrypted wallet pass word) (100)   

Hit Enter

dumpprivkey (your address)

Hit Enter

You will now see your private key.

In the Lottoshares wallet.....

Open debug console and type....

Walletpassphrase (your password) (100)

Hit Enter

Importprivkey (private key you just acquired) True

Hit Enter.

-----------------

If you type help in the Console, you should get a list of all the commands and their format.

PM me or ask for more help when the Lottoshares wallet actually arrives and I will be happy to walk you through it.

Remember, don't give anyone your private key. They can steal your coins/ shares if you do.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

First the snapshot happens.  So Freetrade has  a file of all the private addresses and balances.  This comes from the blockchain.  So now he has to go implement Lottoshares which I don't think he has done given he was just asking about it a few days ago.  So there are no instructions because it has not been implemented.  WHen it has, you will be able to use the Lottoshares wallet with your MMC wallet to pull the shares out of the addresses.  It would work much like other wallets, but since it hasn't been created no one can give any more details than that.  (Except Freetrade)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline minigwar

• View Profile
You will import your MMC wallet into lottoshares. Tada! Now you have MMC *and* lottoshares.

Again, I've never dealt with other currencies. How would or will I "import" my mmc wallet into lottoshares ?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline minigwar

• View Profile
Like the title says, can someone explain to me how I trade my mmc for lottoshares?

• I have a respectable amount of MMC
  • MMC Is the only crypto-currency I have ever invested in

Is there a LottoShare wallet?
Do I just send my mmc to a new wallet?