Author Topic: The fact about bitshares when 1 PTS only worth 0.006 BTC. And the reason?  (Read 8874 times)

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
Speaking of IBM, here is some wisdom from them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering is a book on software engineering and project management by Fred Brooks, whose central theme is that "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later". This idea is known as Brooks' law, and is presented along with the second-system effect and advocacy of prototyping.

Brooks' observations are based on his experiences at IBM while managing the development of OS/360. He had added more programmers to a project falling behind schedule, a decision that he would later conclude had, counter-intuitively, delayed the project even further.

But, are you guys comparing yourself with IBM right now? all the BTS believers just want the team to put 110 % commission into the project. when you have the money, spend it.

are you going to argue me that if you giving away 1 million to hire someone to finish a single bitshare wallet in one month, that won't happen?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Speaking of IBM, here is some wisdom from them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering is a book on software engineering and project management by Fred Brooks, whose central theme is that "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later". This idea is known as Brooks' law, and is presented along with the second-system effect and advocacy of prototyping.

Brooks' observations are based on his experiences at IBM while managing the development of OS/360. He had added more programmers to a project falling behind schedule, a decision that he would later conclude had, counter-intuitively, delayed the project even further.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
Actually, I had a friend graduated from McGill with 50,000 scholarship when he got in. And I know what he's been doing is harder than this. How much you can offer him out of the millions if he can finish this whole project within two months by himself alone?

Great, give us contact info if he is interested.

And I know what he's been doing is harder than this.

Again, *conceptual difficulty* is independent of *development time*. School projects are *harder* but have *ten times less BS overhead* you have to implement.

All i want to say that is this the best you guys put on this project with this much money in your pocket?

How much you can offer a guy like this, maybe i can get shares or commissions if he join the team?

better not contact him if we both know he will deny the offer. it's all about money at some point.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
Why not just hiring ppl finish this thing ASAP, you guys have a lot of money to hire good programmers and finish it in one month. This is also the fact!
Simply inaccurate, if you have talent please refer.

All I know is that he's working as Software Developer at validus, and used for IBM. Does that help?

Offline toast

• View Profile
Actually, I had a friend graduated from McGill with 50,000 scholarship when he got in. And I know what he's been doing is harder than this. How much you can offer him out of the millions if he can finish this whole project within two months by himself alone?

Great, give us contact info if he is interested.

And I know what he's been doing is harder than this.

Again, *conceptual difficulty* is independent of *development time*. School projects are *harder* but have *ten times less BS overhead* you have to implement.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
Why not just hiring ppl finish this thing ASAP, you guys have a lot of money to hire good programmers and finish it in one month. This is also the fact!

BTW, 95% of his CS courses at UVIC are A+, maybe he can get me a commission if you can offer him a position.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:25:19 pm by omgomgomg »

Offline toast

• View Profile
I guess 98 percent ppl are losing a lot, only 3i and bitshares teams are the winning. (This is the fact! I am not talking about future and the pass, only the fact!)

The reason I think caused this is because the bitsahres wallet still not being officially released. Millions of dollars donation, and couldn't finish a wallet within 4 months?
How are we gaining from the loss of PTS value?
I bet CS major student in their forth year. some of the projects are even harder than this single wallet. yet they can handle five or more projects or courses in 4 months. This is also the fact. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Two of us turned down offers from Google, two graduated from a top 4 CS school. Some projects in school were more conceptually challenging, sure, but that has nothing to do with development time.

Ppl are losing confidence cause of the slow progress. This is another fact.

I'm only saying the fact. you can also state the fact against, but it has to be legit ones.

At last, i just don't think a single wallet should take more than three month to code when you have millions of dollars.
"A single wallet"... I think you are not in a good position to judge complexity of software, sorry.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
I guess 98 percent ppl are losing a lot, only 3i and bitshares teams are the winning. (This is the fact! I am not talking about future and the pass, only the fact!)

The reason I think caused this is because the bitsahres wallet still not being officially released. Millions of dollars donation, and couldn't finish a wallet within 4 months?

I bet CS major student in their forth year. some of the projects are even harder than this single wallet. yet they can handle five or more projects or courses in 4 months. This is also the fact. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Ppl are losing confidence cause of the slow progress. This is another fact.

I'm only saying the fact. you can also state the fact against, but it has to be legit ones.

At last, i just don't think a single wallet should take more than three month to code when you have millions of dollars.