Author Topic: BitShares X website design discusssion  (Read 5454 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
If it is informational only, then it should be included in Bitshares.org. In my opinion, there is no need for another website, especially considering the issues and track record of the primary site.

Could it be a page or a group of pages that are part of the main site? And maybe the Bitshares X domain name, whatever that is, when people type it in or follow a link to it, could redirect to that part of the main site?

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
If it is informational only, then it should be included in Bitshares.org. In my opinion, there is no need for another website, especially considering the issues and track record of the primary site.

Offline Overthetop

BTX is one brand new business concept and model.

So ,I suggest the website can give users plenty of examples to introduce how the BTX business system work.
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Product 2: Navigate to site which lets us interface with the product.

Define "interface"... I3 cannot host a web wallet, if that's what you mean.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Product 1: Download a wallet which lets us interface with the product.
Product 2: Navigate to site which lets us interface with the product.
Product 3: Navigate to site which gives all kinds of information about the product.

I vote I3 does all of them. At any rate, clarify plans.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Sorry, but I don't understand this at all. Are you referring to the GUI of the decentralized desktop app?

There are a lot of features that will need to be present in order for it to work as a bank & exchange. 

What do you mean by this? This sounds like Bitshares Bank and Exchange is going to be a centralized website business. Are you referring to a website that is a dashboard of feeds that pull information off of the blockchain to display? Shouldn't this information be available in the desktop application already?

Right, this should be an info-only website, we are explicitly *not* supposed to have any actual functionality on the page.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Sorry, but I don't understand this at all. Are you referring to the GUI of the decentralized desktop app?

There are a lot of features that will need to be present in order for it to work as a bank & exchange. 

What do you mean by this? This sounds like Bitshares Bank and Exchange is going to be a centralized website business. Are you referring to a website that is a dashboard of feeds that pull information off of the blockchain to display? Shouldn't this information be available in the desktop application already?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
How about CGB:
http://cgb.holdings/

yes, but thinking we should make the bitsharesX site a litte bit more state of the art ...
clean minimal ... techiqual design focus ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
The basic design of bitshares.org is meant to function like a directory (thus the .org - it's an organiation of BitShares powered businesses). It will point to the specific DACs, which in turn will have a distinct site. 

I suggested to bytemaster that we start getting the BitShares X site ready now so we have a nice package to put the finished product in when it's complete.  The dev team is working hard in VA and making great progress on the backend, now we need help on the front end - the storefront, so to speak. 

There are a lot of features that will need to be present in order for it to work as a bank & exchange.  I'd like to hear what your thoughts are for how such a site should be designed, what kind of elements it will need, can we find any great examples out there, like toast recently sent me from bloomberg's site, etc.   Please post links to sites you like and/or elements we'll need to build. 
B