Author Topic: Solving the just-dice investor problem  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Rococo

• View Profile
Hack,

You're saying it would be possible to have both the player balances and "investor" balances not needed to be deposited if the game was played on chain ?

I do not get your meaning of "investor balance", they seem do not have things like onchain shares.

来自我的 GT-N7100 上的 Tapatalk

The sites bankroll from which players play against is fully funded by the investors. Go to the investors tab on : https://just-dice.com/ You'll have a better explanation.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Opentransactions would work AFAIK.  Look into "voting pools".  Their solution is that you have to implement the service in "smart contracts" for it to work, but those dice sites are simple enough that it seems relatively easy. (relative to a more complicated system)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Hack,

You're saying it would be possible to have both the player balances and "investor" balances not needed to be deposited if the game was played on chain ?

I do not get your meaning of "investor balance", they seem do not have things like onchain shares.

来自我的 GT-N7100 上的 Tapatalk

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Hack,

For players yes, but in the case of just-dice I don't think you would be able to do the "investor" part on the Bitcoin (or its clones) blockchain. You could if you had a custom chain, of course.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Rococo

• View Profile
Hack,

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
The site owner's response is correct to some extend, because dice process data seems not on chain, e.g. chance to win, bet size etc.

But if the dice info is part of transaction which will be on DAC/BTC chain, you can play without necessary to deposit, you are the owner of the privkey.

For comparison, you can have a look of classic satoshi dice, but any way, there are other potential issues with their random seed.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Rococo

• View Profile
I'm curious if there are any solutions out there to secure investor funds (and player funds) on a site like https://just-dice.com/.

I asked dooglus, the sites founder, if some type of multisig would be possible and this was his response: "I'm not sure how that would work, if you mean the investors should keep control of one of the private keys.  An investor could withhold their key and refuse to pay out a winner on the site.".

There are currently 41 000 BTC invested in the site with absolutely nothing stopping the operator of leaving with the funds.

If no solutions are currently possible, it would be nice if we started a discussion on how we could solve this problem.