Author Topic: [OVER] new testnet *WITH GUI! WOW!* inside  (Read 33160 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
About my possible "exploit", someone with a big stack could use this to vote themselves into being a chosen delegate by paying the 10,000bips fee? Not really a big deal I guess though considering how delegates actually work..

There is a difference between "registering as a delegate" (small fixed fee) and actually getting voted into the active delegates (top N).
Practically anyone can register, and someone with a large amount of stake can vote themselves in as a real delegate.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline svk

So the bigger the transaction the more votes. But if sending transactions to yourself count, isn't that a possible abuse? I'm sure you though of that one already though..

More questions: What exactly does the trust level do then? And what do the different levels correspond to?

When you transfer funds, it un-votes whoever the funds voted for in the last deposit and votes for the new guy. So sending to yourself just slowly removes votes as you keep paying some to fees =). So at any given moment, 100% of the stake is voting for or against a delegate.

Trust level is just local to wallet, it is used by the wallet to figure out who to vote for. It will attempt to pull votes off of untrusted, downvoted untrusted, upvote inactive trusted with most votes, and upvote active with least votes, in that order.
Thanks, that's what I figured the trust level was but nice to see a confirmation. I like the voting logic, should keep things honest as well as mix things up a bit, assuming people set multiple delegates.

About my possible "exploit", someone with a big stack could use this to vote themselves into being a chosen delegate by paying the 10,000bips fee? Not really a big deal I guess though considering how delegates actually work..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline toast

• View Profile
So the bigger the transaction the more votes. But if sending transactions to yourself count, isn't that a possible abuse? I'm sure you though of that one already though..

More questions: What exactly does the trust level do then? And what do the different levels correspond to?

When you transfer funds, it un-votes whoever the funds voted for in the last deposit and votes for the new guy. So sending to yourself just slowly removes votes as you keep paying some to fees =). So at any given moment, 100% of the stake is voting for or against a delegate.

Trust level is just local to wallet, it is used by the wallet to figure out who to vote for. It will attempt to pull votes off of untrusted, downvoted untrusted, upvote inactive trusted with most votes, and upvote active with least votes, in that order.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline svk

I got my delegate up and running again, could someone vote for me please? :) How exactly do the votes get counted up, does it depend on the trust level and the size of your transaction for example?

There's an issue currently with the CLI, the first line is repeated once, like this:

Code: [Select]
svkwallet (locked) >>> svkwallet (locked) >>> wallet_account_transaction_history

This issue is known and has been fixed.
The votes are tallied by the amount of the transaction.

OK thanks, it's funny how with my slow laptop by the time I'm done compiling the new bugs have already been fixed and pushed to github ;)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I got my delegate up and running again, could someone vote for me please? :) How exactly do the votes get counted up, does it depend on the trust level and the size of your transaction for example?

There's an issue currently with the CLI, the first line is repeated once, like this:

svkwallet (locked) >>> svkwallet (locked) >>> wallet_account_transaction_history

This issue is known and has been fixed.
The votes are tallied by the amount of the transaction. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline svk

Offline amencon

• View Profile
amencon, npm install has to be executed in the web_wallet directory
That was it, thanks man.

Offline amencon

• View Profile
XTS7CrBr4r7QATQdWCBUctsgqAhSeVYNrGRfUCpjXinU6JwhxQcMH
If anyone wants to send some funds before I get the web wallet working, thanks.
  #    BLK.TRX  TIMESTAMP           FROM                TO                  MEMO                                   AMOUNT                 FEE          VOTE                                        ID
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9    726.0    2014-06-05T08:41:30 xeroc-1             amencon             Have fun                       -5,000,000 XTS          10,000 XTS           N/A  41304c25917fc13acabafc4f33271db5698480b1
Thanks xeroc, unfortunately I think I have something wrong and haven't gotten the funds yet.  Maybe someone can tell based on my getinfo?  Looks like I have no connections and the head block time is very old but I don't get any obvious errors when starting up the client:

getinfo
{
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 29,
  "blockchain_head_block_time": "20140604T221600",
  "network_num_connections": 0,
  "wallet_balance": [[
      "XTS"
    ]
  ],
  "wallet_unlocked_seconds_remaining": 0,
  "wallet_next_block_production_time": null,
  "wallet_seconds_until_next_block_production": null,
  "wallet_local_time": "20140605T183854",
  "blockchain_bips_per_share": 12.500000003125001,
  "blockchain_random_seed": "1ba4fae332bc9f2de9cd4a487a3b6eb64a9c0e05",
  "blockchain_shares": 79999999980000,
  "network_num_connections_max": 12,
  "network_protocol_version": 101,
  "wallet_open": true,
  "wallet_unlocked_until": "",
  "wallet_version": 100
}

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
Got the client up and running including the web GUI.

I voted for everyone in this thread, please vote for me:

wallet_set_delegate_trust_level mauritso 5
EDIT:

That was stupid, of course you can only vote for 1 delegate at a time, I changed it to wackou-delegate.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:33:18 pm by mauritso »
BTS: maurits

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
If you are a Keyhotee Founder, this is a good chance to see if your name is registered in the XT genesis block.  Look under the directory tab.

Founders will be registered automagically in all BitShares DACS.  Another salute to our Founders.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

clout

I think it is good to open a bug in github and cross-post it here so that people scanning this thread know what has been caught and can help debug.  Not everyone is on github.

This is a good bug to track down.

OK, reported as https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/208

we fixed it before you were able to file it  :P

+5%

Offline toast

• View Profile
I think it is good to open a bug in github and cross-post it here so that people scanning this thread know what has been caught and can help debug.  Not everyone is on github.

we fixed it before you were able to file it  :P

Offline Moroz

• View Profile
coolspeed,

it is possible to control the client with json-rpc only without the command line interface.  In fact, this is how the web_wallet is doing it.

Offline wackou

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io