Author Topic: 1 PTS Per Unique Bug Identified - BitShares X Testing  (Read 11691 times)

Offline bytemaster

Locking this thread... we don't have anyone to manage the bounty...

Thanks for the bug reports....

If you need paid PTS please let us know..

Thanks.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline koberstein

• View Profile

I received a series of 3 notifications just now containing javascript stack traces.

I believe I am running the most recent version of the GUI client (OSX) as I just downloaded it yesterday.
BTSX: koberstein

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Running v0.4.14 of bitshares-x, is it normal that when you log in and press the forward button with no forward history, it'll log you out and the background/logo disappears, switching to white before being loaded again? Actually.. if it's loading these images online, it might be because my internet's being slow that the graphics aren't showing temporarily.

Second thing, when you're entering an amount in a transfer - if you put a comma into the field, it'll say "Wrong Amount". I noticed this when copying my full balance into the transfer field which contained a comma.
version v0.4.16-x64: Clicking on the balance to automatically max out a buy/sell/short order when the balance has a comma ',' in the number will break the calculation. Manually removing the comma from the quantity field fixes it.

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Running v0.4.14 of bitshares-x, is it normal that when you log in and press the forward button with no forward history, it'll log you out and the background/logo disappears, switching to white before being loaded again? Actually.. if it's loading these images online, it might be because my internet's being slow that the graphics aren't showing temporarily.

Second thing, when you're entering an amount in a transfer - if you put a comma into the field, it'll say "Wrong Amount". I noticed this when copying my full balance into the transfer field which contained a comma.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:42:49 pm by cryptillionaire »

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
A new problem, again on Windows 7 Ultimate.

As soon as Acronis True Image started to run a background backup task, my computer froze completely, the media player started stuttering on the last packet it got from the webradio station I was listening to, and I couldn't move my mouse even. The client was running & going along fine before this happened.

I had to hold the power button & shut down the computer suddenly to escape the condition.

It's the first time ever that the computer has crashed at all. And the only thing that changed today was that I had installed BitShares X in the morning. So of course it's the prime suspect.

I'm running the TrueImage task again, and all is well now- the client is resync'ing at the moment, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I'll report back later if it happens tomorrow when Acronis starts up again. However I have the feeling it was a random, intermittent event.

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
Hi,

I installed the BitShares X client today on Windows 7 Ultimate x86_64. Version 4.1.2.

The bug that presented to me was that when I was finished with the installer & it ran the executable as per the 'Run' checkbox at the end, the Setup.exe couldn't be deleted because it was still running. When I clicked the button in my taskbar, it wouldn't appear on my desktop for me to close it. It wasn't even visible when I minimized my open windows from their _ buttons in the upper right corner.

But as soon as I exited the client, the Setup.exe exited as well.

Seems minor, but not right nevertheless.

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
I found a bug and fixed it.
Command json FILE generated json data format is error

pull requests url:
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/26
BitShares-PTS:Pop8mPCmtzSLc1NXaJLSnE2gpvDvCZJgMd
Please give me a vote:wallet_approve_delegate sunshine.clerk 1

Offline bytemaster

bts is cleared?
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Close your wallet and reopen it to rescan the chain.  I did not reset the chain yet.
reopen wallet bts is 0.
delete datadir ,reopen again,bts is 0 too.
I think new wallet can not open old wallet.bts. listaddr show null.

>>> listaddr
>>> newaddr
GfXNUwZCB3hq1ikJ3EKxEsSEjbv
>>> listaddr
address:GfXNUwZCB3hq1ikJ3EKxEsSEjbv
>>>

There is a bug in the wallet apparently that causes the address list to be lost.  Because it is a deterministic wallet if you generate a bunch of new addresses, quit, and reload then it should pick them up again.  This is a known issue that I need to address.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
bts is cleared?
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Close your wallet and reopen it to rescan the chain.  I did not reset the chain yet.
reopen wallet bts is 0.
delete chain directory ,reopen again,bts is 0 too.
I think new bts_wallet can not open old wallet.bts. listaddr show null.

>>> listaddr
>>> newaddr
GfXNUwZCB3hq1ikJ3EKxEsSEjbv
>>> listaddr
address:GfXNUwZCB3hq1ikJ3EKxEsSEjbv
>>>

Offline bytemaster

bts is cleared?
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
bts is cleared?
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Offline bytemaster

connecting to bitshares network: 162.243.45.158:4567
unable to connect to bitshares network at this time.

Yes, I shutdown the server while fixing the market which was hung on a rounding error.  You will have to recompile your client with the latest update to continue testing with my hacked fix.  I will be doing a breaking change after miami to upgrade every amount to 128 bit from 64 bit to solve the rounding error problem more robustly ad-hock epsilons I have now.

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
connecting to bitshares network: 162.243.45.158:4567
unable to connect to bitshares network at this time.

Offline bytemaster

I have a advice,Hope to add a command,print a list old wallet address.
for example,command name is showaddres.
I have implemented this feature,I can raise a pull request if Dan confirmed this feature is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be nice.
pull request raised(https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/23 ),pls review.

10 PTS tip sent your way!
My suggestion is adopted, there is no reward?

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile

I have a advice,Hope to add a command,print a list old wallet address.
for example,command name is showaddres.
I have implemented this feature,I can raise a pull request if Dan confirmed this feature is required.

Would be nice.
pull request raised(https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/23 ),pls review.

10 PTS tip sent your way!
My suggestion is adopted, there is no reward?