Author Topic: How can BitShares Music prevent situations like this from happening?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Those are excellent thoughts. Some ideas to chew on!

Offline gamey

• View Profile
And it would need to be someone with a fan base, unless they had another way to sell it, because I can't see that kind of system having much cross-marketing potential.
I agree.  I wasn't suggesting it to be viable economically anytime soon.  However as the toolkit grows and supports more platforms then at least it's technically possible and the blockchain would be used relatively efficiently.

It is conceivable that it would appeal to a certain type of artist.  In fact it is conceivable that they could use such a dac to advertise their art.  uncensorable.  direct to the fans. f the man type stuff.  maybe they wish to ignore copyright law and remain anonymous.

just thoughts.  Not suggestions on any level.  I was mainly just pointing out a use case  using a block chain to distribute music that would make sense on some level.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
And it would need to be someone with a fan base, unless they had another way to sell it, because I can't see that kind of system having much cross-marketing potential.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
At some point a band could have their own dac utilizing something like bitshares me + standardized dac written for such a thing.  They could then put their songs on their own small blockchain. 

This would pretty much kill any sort of censorship that I can reasonably conceive of at this point. 

Having a generalized catalog or service on a block chain will mean a bloated blockchain.  However it is conceivable that an artist could have their own dac and use their blockchain to distribute their own music.  That would not be inefficient because only the fans would be supporting the network.  The artist would still need to find a developer to implement the dac for them.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It can't, bts music is not about data storage and blockchains aren't great for storage. Blockchains are good for timestamping checking validity of data stored off-chain

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe