Author Topic: Initial delegates, let's get ready!  (Read 25371 times)

Offline bytemaster

For anyone else who can't find any clear directions, and is fumbling around like i am trying to figure it out.

For a ubuntu node.
Once I launched my node via these instructions: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/blob/master/BUILD_UBUNTU.md

I navigate to bitshares_toolkit/programs/utils/
I then launch bts_create_key   with the command ./bts_create_key
I do this 5 times to get 5 keys

I navigate to /bitshares_toolkit/programs/client directory
I then launch bitshares_client   with the command ./bitshares_client

This launches the client.  You can then type help here for a list of commands.

I then try to load the delegate key into a wallet as per Toast directions with:
wallet_add_contact_account Xeldal-1 XTS5iNWht2kEmdWNDf6cRz6HiVEs2zk3X61GpQvrQT1wQf66xucit

but I get an error:
Code: [Select]
A wallet must be open to execute this command. You can:
(o) Open an existing wallet
(c) Create a new wallet
(q) Abort command
I don't have a wallet yet evidently so I select the second option 'c' Create new wallet
I pick a name and then a password

I then retry with Toast directions:
wallet_add_contact_account Xeldal-1 XTS5iNWht2kEmdWNDf6cRz6HiVEs2zk3X61GpQvrQT1wQf66xucit
and
wallet_import_private_key 5xxxxxxxWIF-Private-Key-Herexxxxxxxxxxx Xeldal-1

This seems to work.

I don't know if I've done any of this correctly as I'm unable to find any clear directions.
Some feedback or a link to these elusive directions I'm missing would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for posting these clear directions.... I will be writing many directions today and posting them at bitshares.org/documenation and linking to it from here.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

How do i leave wallet unlocked and opened when i close putty/console window?  Everything just shuts down then. I'm using ubuntu:-[

ctrl+z  suspend job
bg <jobnum (usually 1)>
disown %<jobnum>

I would highly recommend running your delegate via screen and GDB.   I will get Toast to post instructions on how to do this.   This way if your delegate crashes then you can give us a meaningful stack trace and you can also have interactive console commands to manipulate it.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

For those of you having build issues.   I had similar looking errors (i didn't copy them) when attempting to build on a vm with less than 2gb of ram.   Try increasing ram to 2gb and build again.   If that doesn't work you will have to wait for the experts.

I increased ram to 2 GB and tried again.

VERBOSE=1 make

[ 72%] Generating include/bts/api/common_api.hpp, ../rpc_stubs/common_api_rpc_server.cpp, ../rpc_stubs/common_api_rpc_client.cpp, ../rpc_stubs/common_api_client.cpp, ../rpc_stubs/include/bts/rpc_stubs/common_api_rpc_server.hpp, ../rpc_stubs/include/bts/rpc_stubs/common_api_rpc_client.hpp, ../rpc_stubs/include/bts/rpc_stubs/common_api_client.hpp, ../rpc_stubs/include/bts/rpc_stubs/common_api_overrides.ipp
cd /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api && ./bts_api_generator --api-classname=common_api --api-interface-output-dir=/root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api --rpc-stub-output-dir=/root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/rpc_stubs /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/types.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/blockchain_api.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/wallet_api.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/network_api.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/bitcoin_api.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/general_api.json
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted
make[2]: *** [libraries/api/include/bts/api/common_api.hpp] Error 134
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/bitshares_toolkit'
make[1]: *** [libraries/api/CMakeFiles/bts_api.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/bitshares_toolkit'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have seen this error before on some linux systems, I will look into a fix.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We've picked the delegate list. Stay tuned for detailed instructions for the real dry run.

Will make a separate tech support thread too.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
How do i leave wallet unlocked and opened when i close putty/console window?  Everything just shuts down then. I'm using ubuntu:-[

ctrl+z  suspend job
bg <jobnum (usually 1)>
disown %<jobnum>
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile

and

This seems to work.

You are adding a contact account, but you should add a "receive" account with "wallet_account_create".

We will provide much clearer instructions shortly.

Xeldal

For anyone else who can't find any clear directions, and is fumbling around like i am trying to figure it out.

For a ubuntu node.
Once I launched my node via these instructions: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/blob/master/BUILD_UBUNTU.md

I navigate to bitshares_toolkit/programs/utils/
I then launch bts_create_key   with the command ./bts_create_key
I do this 5 times to get 5 keys

I navigate to /bitshares_toolkit/programs/client directory
I then launch bitshares_client   with the command ./bitshares_client

This launches the client.  You can then type help here for a list of commands.

I then try to load the delegate key into a wallet as per Toast directions with:

but I get an error:
A wallet must be open to execute this command. You can:
(o) Open an existing wallet
(c) Create a new wallet
(q) Abort command
I don't have a wallet yet evidently so I select the second option 'c' Create new wallet
I pick a name and then a password

and

This seems to work.

I don't know if I've done any of this correctly as I'm unable to find any clear directions.
Some feedback or a link to these elusive directions I'm missing would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline toast

• View Profile
svk-delegate-1: XTSPC2qa4snEatrz7coSLMsyHdH8n2uaQLsz
svk-delegate-2: XTS8WCd3V4QRsWW79J9SbGHWkZZrZpVskSpc
svk-delegate-3: XTS9bAPKsBQT2NHoADqxQHFAr7v1QQNDne5J
svk-delegate-4: XTSBbGnohrKfS214De29gcc9m28cUMcBTLP
svk-delegate-5: XTS9Ez7UASJsY7LZfDmZxyoJFGzStjxv9s65

Ubuntu 14.04 VM
i3 2.1 2gb RAM
SSD
1GB Fiber Internet

Those are your addresses, we need your public keys. (The longer one thta starts with XTS...)

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
2 Cores  2GB RAM  48GB SSD
Ubuntu 14.04                                   
Tokyo, Japan

heyd-delegate-1                       XTS5Q7j3ZAYwjGAuK6AfWiqDuahnah9MVHXxGAr8yjsxWwuEAX9xg
heyd-delegate-2                       XTS5K6TmQjqReTUhWMg3EBjQ26VB6r26jMn4r2VEG2ykWh2xFkUpP
heyd-delegate-3                       XTS5HHx85ASdW3b4UmyV8g2rLyYRfHeTj8aH6E1DTE11jFUBr96as
heyd-delegate-4                       XTS7UUQZfy1hrUwgsEogy7GsjPq97EHjok5gUEav2bTaDTdBTQtNP
heyd-delegate-5                       XTS7Gv5RbxdSCT8T84Q2L3owbrRJUFQBtMgRU3De1GAHYggyQjbZQ     

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
I am trying to initialize my AGS based shares from PTS wallet and blockchain Bitcoin wallet.

• How do I import pts wallet into bitshares_client?
  • How do I import my AGS key from my blockchain bitcoin wallet? I assume, need to use
    wallet_import_private_key command, but how do I get WIF format private key from blockchain wallet?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:20:27 pm by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
For those of you having build issues.   I had similar looking errors (i didn't copy them) when attempting to build on a vm with less than 2gb of ram.   Try increasing ram to 2gb and build again.   If that doesn't work you will have to wait for the experts.

I increased ram to 2 GB and tried again.

VERBOSE=1 make

[ 72%] Generating include/bts/api/common_api.hpp, ../rpc_stubs/common_api_rpc_server.cpp, ../rpc_stubs/common_api_rpc_client.cpp, ../rpc_stubs/common_api_client.cpp, ../rpc_stubs/include/bts/rpc_stubs/common_api_rpc_server.hpp, ../rpc_stubs/include/bts/rpc_stubs/common_api_rpc_client.hpp, ../rpc_stubs/include/bts/rpc_stubs/common_api_client.hpp, ../rpc_stubs/include/bts/rpc_stubs/common_api_overrides.ipp
cd /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api && ./bts_api_generator --api-classname=common_api --api-interface-output-dir=/root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api --rpc-stub-output-dir=/root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/rpc_stubs /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/types.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/blockchain_api.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/wallet_api.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/network_api.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/bitcoin_api.json /root/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/api/general_api.json
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted
make[2]: *** [libraries/api/include/bts/api/common_api.hpp] Error 134
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/bitshares_toolkit'
make[1]: *** [libraries/api/CMakeFiles/bts_api.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/bitshares_toolkit'
make: *** [all] Error 2

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
DigitalOcean 2GB RAM / 40GB HDD
Ubuntu 14.04

harvey-delegate-1: XTS7Bsi43JASDcPdgcLaXSLQ7mVNJReUvG4rcQYHHaJ3Ca7SLPYyq
harvey-delegate-2: XTS7qQScYbuFqsffgH6AammYXWMkZ9jSYdsYW21zguc2k2N3hYnfN
harvey-delegate-3: XTS6LDMYp9UNEYLUEdpCqx5dCEkWwrpP67LE5Zu3sSYqjP6LraqTW
harvey-delegate-4: XTS7fzyfX657vDUP4UVXRHNxCMZsGpCCGkvP7rN5NKkuEjktg5sHd
harvey-delegate-5: XTS7ze619FTgRReQsYEKYj8CbuiWB17q629gCz34Q7aeqe4yMida5
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Xeldal

I've got a node up on DO and created 5 keys.

How do I register as a Delegate?

How do I find what my name is / change my name to something other than delegateN?

How do I know my node is actually doing anything?

Edit:
"network_num_connections": 0,    <--I assume this means I'm not doing it right?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:52:57 pm by Xeldal »

Offline valzav

• View Profile
DigitalOcean 2GB RAM / 40GB HDD Ubuntu 14.04 instance

valzav-delegate-1  XTS5E3FBZW62UtqndRGog4zd1XMxjjYH2TSWVEQMVur2DiUXCPNJA
valzav-delegate-2  XTS7RUDKqo5hTnNR4BwZ46yGnhtVkLDdSNehgHba1hiauWuimbKhY
valzav-delegate-3  XTS7XGdLHxgvpLCXn2sAuN7bb8xQmyfLebpBtgmodRtN8tzg33CJQ
valzav-delegate-4  XTS6RamzeetCKiSowD8Q9K3VM4V5LtxKWhpJfDL4wPhxwszsoYdkE
valzav-delegate-5  XTS5t4KD3f1WioshQ7jpc2GzqgzFor7ub8GurtqpaYMsY4KkioCDu

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
BTW does current test net running? If so can someone send some funds to XTS5tpKsP27w6MtbxwYTb5qTRVfDEE9YvRFqPQjWn3FmPAuCP48iM
Thx!
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy