Author Topic: Novel method for backup of wallet seeds or private keys  (Read 3166 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I think RFID chip would likely be better.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
funny idea... I think if you get arrested for something the cops may take pictures of all your tatoos for identification purposes and can strip you down if needed.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
I was thinking about various ways to keep a backup of a deterministic wallet seed, or an important private key (e.g. address used to donate to the AGS fund).

Offline or paper wallets risk loss through hardware failure, theft, fire etc.
Encrypted files could be backed up to various locations, but what if the encryption is broken somehow? Or you could suffer memory loss and forget how to decrypt the file!

My novel solution I will call the skin wallet.
Tattoo your wallet seed or private key where the sun doesn't shine!

Just make sure you keep it secure! You'll have to do the tattoo yourself, keep it covered up, and avoid people accessing it by force!
It could be a good solution if you get amnesia.
It would also hopefully enable loved ones to inherit should you pass away.

Has this idea already been talked about?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads