Author Topic: BitShares Music just got some competition  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
He's just selling his royalties. That is NOT competition.

I agree it's not competition. I think being able to buy royalty rights for a few years is cool though.

Good to see this story gets on usatoday which has a few million readers. Makes me think if we get one/two decent names that Bitshares Music is the kind of thing that will get a lot of press too.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
everyone is a competitor, just some are not very good ones

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
yup also thinking *not a competitor... :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
He's just selling his royalties. That is NOT competition.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
* centralized exchange
* you need to be an accredited investor

"competition"?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
If you're a 3 Doors Down fan and an accredited investor, then you might be intrigued by a new investment vehicle that lets you own royalties from the band's popular songs.

Just last week, the band's producer put up for auction his royalty rights to 11 tracks. Starting at $5,400 a share, you can own a portion of that portfolio and receive royalty revenue monthly for the next 35 years.

He's among a growing number of songwriters and producers using a 3-year-old technology platform called Royalty Exchange to sell intellectual property rights at auction and, in many cases, to use the cash to fund other projects. The 3 Doors Down producer plans to use his proceeds to build up his indie label and fund a new studio.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/06/09/baverman-entrepreneurs-and-startups-royalty-exchange/10012941/

However, you need to be an accredited investor.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe