Author Topic: What Coins are worth DAC Air Drops?  (Read 13099 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
+ LottoShares / BitShares Lotto may consider honoring Dogecoin (for their charity community)

I think this is the obvious one. Great synergy here.

1. Dogecoin has reached their ceiling in CAP and reach, as a Bitcoin clone crypto-currency only coin.

2. Bitshares is at crisis point in marketing failure. (In short with the exception of Bitcoin/Ethereum we probably have one of the highest marketing spends but I would say rank the lowest out of the top 15 Cap's in terms of marketing.) 

I would suggest creating a traditional lottery with a strong charity element and rather than just air-dropping to Doge, we should partner with them. 50/50. Let them be in charge of marketing, with perhaps a couple of days access to Cass's awesome graphic skills during the lead-up to the snapshot date. 

I think their marketing talent, creativity and passion plus the exposure they'll provide with their choices of sponsorship and charity will really give that DAC a shot. Lotteries are a $100 Billion a year business so there's huge room for growth and it almost feels like a natural evolution for Doge.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:54:33 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
"Which coins should DACs honor, and what benefit(s) does honoring their stakeholders/devs potentially give?"
Doesn't that depend on the purpose of each DAC?

Few Examples:
+ NameShares / BitShares DNS may consider honoring namecoin
+ LottoShares / BitShares Lotto may consider honoring Dogecoin (for their charity community)
+ BitShares X (Banking) should consider honoring NXT for their approach of also having a P2P asset exchange!

Offline fuzzy

This thread is to ask for an answer to the questions: 

"Which coins should DACs honor, and what benefit(s) does honoring their stakeholders/devs potentially give?" 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D