Author Topic: Dry Run 2: The Real Deal  (Read 145375 times)

Offline bytemaster

I just added an RPC call: wallet_account_export_private_key   that will give you the key you want.  Simply import that key into your other wallet.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
  Register an account and i'll vote you in to be a delegate.

Ok. Created a local account and registered it, then updated registration to make delegate.

Code: [Select]
wallet_list_receive_accounts
NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            TRUST LEVEL   
bitcoiners                         XTS8eoFWByxKtGYzBrNF4diAhv1zjY7jGNTUv6PSqVGbQs8yi7nqk           2014-06-13T03:08:45   0             

blockchain_list_registered_accounts
NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            VOTES FOR      VOTES AGAINST  TRUST LEVEL   
bitcoiners *                       XTS8eoFWByxKtGYzBrNF4diAhv1zjY7jGNTUv6PSqVGbQs8yi7nqk           2014-06-13T03:08:45   0              0              0             

How do I export this account to another computer? I created this one on my desktop and I need to move it to the VPS server.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:58:16 am by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bytemaster

It has come to our attention that some nodes may 'hang' and stop syncing with the network.  Closing and reopening the client allows it to reconnect.  If you notice that your client is stuck, close and re-open it.   

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

You're not an initial delegate in this chain then, wait until we get some voting tutorials up for the stakeholders to start vote testing

This sucks. I did everything as instructed and my delegate was making blocks, but now my keys got removed out due to no fault of mine. Hope this  can be recovered.

Yeah, we can get that corrected... if your blocks were on a fork then we didn't count it.  Register an account and i'll vote you in to be a delegate.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You're not an initial delegate in this chain then, wait until we get some voting tutorials up for the stakeholders to start vote testing

This sucks. I did everything as instructed and my delegate was making blocks, but now my keys got removed out due to no fault of mine. Hope this  can be recovered.

I don't see why it would matter, the initial delegates are intended to all be quickly voted out anyway. We can include some keys in the real genesis block if it's about being recognized or something.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline toast

• View Profile
Just pulled latest code and rebuilt delegate node. Deleted .Bitshares/ dir and recreated wallet. Tried to re-import delegate private keys, but now I get this error on every delegate key:

wallet_import_private_key <mykey>
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
registered_account: the key must belong to a registered account or an account name must be specified
    {}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:931 import_private_key

{"account_name":""}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:970 import_private_key

th_a  wallet.cpp:989 import_wif_private_key

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:252 wallet_import_private_key

and it seems I am on new blockchain

get_info
{
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 74,
  "blockchain_head_block_time": "20140613T015945",

my delegates were
init-delegate-38 through 41

You can check if yours were the ones we removed here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis.json

Were you inactive during the last test? I only removed delegates with 0 blocks produced according to my client.

I was active and it seems that list genesis.json includes my delegate names but keys changed..
There were many forks in the chain, my delegate node must have been tracking a different one from yours.

{
         "name": "init-delegate-38",
         "is_delegate": true,
         "owner": "XTS7Fbh67uWB1vfvxpqLMYrxJVpy1eqW1S9sgGTFs5GRF3tKsusuz"
       },{
         "name": "init-delegate-39",
         "owner": "XTS7DEUd9uPyY8TVZ9BxJbTTkV5qK9a49sFDL7Y5DHbehUc89bPzX"
       },{
         "name": "init-delegate-40",
         "owner": "XTS8XD2PcH9BoiLT1gtLrnUcSAob41YDr1enLp3oaWoqzUj5xNsUS"
       },{
         "name": "init-delegate-41",
         "owner": "XTS73tZqCAgRxNTeBCt2CMSvoMZQLQFodvrJWLvAebVVNYee6TVJs"
       },{

Here are my keys that were active yesterday.

XTS6ezsAe72hVoMq4mC4fnAAF2XYqprcpt4vZ5nkqUoZn8xsSWB5Z
XTS72Xc5wBYmWQrAqcPoU6RSEegB3CosNh82wbf4QkKquJtbhgPWL
XTS7DeMWhGV8P7oiKoigtGqFKDfauB83Nrxy5FpMwLEjMw7wC8UVe
XTS73iK3RkkijdfgzH5mioB4wzWFNsmsvwtsNPnkoHAApHK6cbMz3

How do I get them working again?

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
init-delegate-90~93 are working now.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:53:48 am by Harvey »
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Just pulled latest code and rebuilt delegate node. Deleted .Bitshares/ dir and recreated wallet. Tried to re-import delegate private keys, but now I get this error on every delegate key:

registered_account: the key must belong to a registered account or an account name must be specified
    {}

{}

get_info
{

my delegates were

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/master/libraries/blockchain/genesis.json

Were you inactive during the last test? I only removed delegates with 0 blocks produced according to my client.

I was active and it seems that list genesis.json includes my delegate names but keys changed..
There were many forks in the chain, my delegate node must have been tracking a different one from yours.

{
         "name": "init-delegate-38",
         "owner": "XTS7Fbh67uWB1vfvxpqLMYrxJVpy1eqW1S9sgGTFs5GRF3tKsusuz"
       },{
         "name": "init-delegate-39",
         "owner": "XTS7DEUd9uPyY8TVZ9BxJbTTkV5qK9a49sFDL7Y5DHbehUc89bPzX"
       },{
         "name": "init-delegate-40",
         "owner": "XTS8XD2PcH9BoiLT1gtLrnUcSAob41YDr1enLp3oaWoqzUj5xNsUS"
       },{
         "name": "init-delegate-41",
         "owner": "XTS73tZqCAgRxNTeBCt2CMSvoMZQLQFodvrJWLvAebVVNYee6TVJs"
       },{

Here are my keys that were active yesterday.

XTS6ezsAe72hVoMq4mC4fnAAF2XYqprcpt4vZ5nkqUoZn8xsSWB5Z
XTS72Xc5wBYmWQrAqcPoU6RSEegB3CosNh82wbf4QkKquJtbhgPWL
XTS7DeMWhGV8P7oiKoigtGqFKDfauB83Nrxy5FpMwLEjMw7wC8UVe
XTS73iK3RkkijdfgzH5mioB4wzWFNsmsvwtsNPnkoHAApHK6cbMz3

How do I get them working again?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:37:39 am by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
As long as only one is unlocked at a time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if both 2 nodes are unlocked ? Get fired ?

Not automatically. You should try it, see if you can cause a fork.

Even better, get two of your clients connected to each other and not to the rest of the network, then reconnect once you have your own chain.

Installing another Ubuntu now to try.

Offline toast

• View Profile

{}

{}

get_info
{

my delegates were

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

{}

{}

get_info
{

my delegates were
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline toast

• View Profile
As long as only one is unlocked at a time. 

What if both 2 nodes are unlocked ? Get fired ?

Not automatically. You should try it, see if you can cause a fork.

Even better, get two of your clients connected to each other and not to the rest of the network, then reconnect once you have your own chain.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I've got my delegates up and creating blocks.  I also have a seed node running on 95.85.33.16:8764.  On a side note, has anyone managed to get the Qt wallet to work outside of OSX?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Try it.  I dare you.