Author Topic: Dry Run 2: The Real Deal  (Read 145401 times)

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline bytemaster

We will be launching a new Dry Run 3 chain and it will have the following changes:

1) all active delegates that produced 0 blocks will be removed
2) everyone that registered as a delegate will take their place prioritized by vote.
3) we have fixed the wallet_withdraw_delegate_pay operation which would introduce a hard fork
4) we will increase the block interval to 30 seconds
5) we will be updating the on-the-wire protocol to communicate extra information such as:
      a) latency between nodes
      b) additional information about node connectivity.
      c) persistent node IDs derived from a public key

With these network updates we should be able to map out the full network of connected nodes (nothing the NSA cannot do anyway).  Using this information delegates can optimize their network connections and users can verify geographic diversity.   

The new test net will launch once we finalize the on-the-wire protocol updates so probably tonight or tomorrow. 

A new GUI wallet is also close to release.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Funny command walllet_list_unspent_balances causes segfault

I think I fixed this...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The challenge we have is that our 'test stake' isn't enough to fully elect all the delegates (meaning things are working).  I used my stake to vote out some of the non-performing initial delegate keys in an attempt to make room for everyone else.

Does it mean the XTS we have can only vote for OR against a delegate? Can't both?

That's another good question.

Answer is yes
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline betax

• View Profile
The challenge we have is that our 'test stake' isn't enough to fully elect all the delegates (meaning things are working).  I used my stake to vote out some of the non-performing initial delegate keys in an attempt to make room for everyone else.

Does it mean the XTS we have can only vote for OR against a delegate? Can't both?

That's another good question.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline betax

• View Profile
So I finally was able to import my PTS wallet.dat. Apparently I just had to wait long enough for the blockchain to sync. And now I am registered as a delegate on the waiting list! Anyone want to vote for me?! :D "bdnoble-1" I can send some votes back too. We gotta replace some more of these init-delegates. :)
You got trust from me ..
+ You should give yourself some trust and move your XTS from your wallet back to your own wallet so that your vote is broadcasted!

Hi I trusted everyone here, moving XTS around but the problem is:
+ When I vote for someone else my votes decreased.
+ When I vote back myself (transfer XTS back) I believe their votes go down

So we are back to square 1.

Bytemaster any way to get all the delegates in the queue (named) as delegates. I would like and (everyone else I guess) to test my VPS.

Very good point. I remember now you use all your stake to vote a couple of guys / gals in.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

So I finally was able to import my PTS wallet.dat. Apparently I just had to wait long enough for the blockchain to sync. And now I am registered as a delegate on the waiting list! Anyone want to vote for me?! :D "bdnoble-1" I can send some votes back too. We gotta replace some more of these init-delegates. :)
You got trust from me ..
+ You should give yourself some trust and move your XTS from your wallet back to your own wallet so that your vote is broadcasted!

Bytemaster any way to get all the delegates in the queue (named) as delegates. I would like and (everyone else I guess) to test my VPS.

So are we going to have to vote down all the init delegates again when the official release hits? Or is there going to be some kind of snapshot from this test net? Would it be more effective to vote down init delegates than to vote up everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
Build failed:
Code: [Select]
1 warning generated.
Linking CXX executable bitshares_client
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_rl_copy_text", referenced from:
      bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::display_status_message(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&) in libbts_cli.a(cli.cpp.o)
  "_rl_getc", referenced from:
      fc::detail::functor_run<bts::cli::detail::get_character::$_0>::run(void*, void*) in libbts_cli.a(cli.cpp.o)
  "_rl_replace_line", referenced from:
      bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::display_status_message(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&) in libbts_cli.a(cli.cpp.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [programs/client/bitshares_client] Error 1
make[1]: *** [programs/client/CMakeFiles/bitshares_client.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:44:41 pm by mauritso »
BTS: maurits

Offline bytemaster

You got trust from me ..

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
I have a subfolder "gui_settings" showing up in my wallet/ directory.  I suspect it has something to do with this commit https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/commit/fdff2fa2d726bb97fcddca4ecab2c31f607f1fd3.

Anyone else see this too?
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline betax

• View Profile
Code: [Select]
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level crazybit 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level cgafeng 1
OK
--- there are now 22 active connections to the p2p network
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level puppies 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level boombastic-ags 1
OK
--- there are now 23 active connections to the p2p network
--- in sync with p2p network
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level mauritso 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level delegate-alt 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level alexxy 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level coolspeed 1
OK
--- there are now 24 active connections to the p2p network
--- in sync with p2p network
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level testz-test 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level bitshares 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level dd-1 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level spartako 1
OK
--- there are now 23 active connections to the p2p network
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level xeroc 1
OK
default (unlocked) >>> wallet_set_delegate_trust_level betax 1

Offline betax

• View Profile
You got trust from me ..

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 15371,
  "blockchain_head_block_time": "20140617T143000",
  "blockchain_head_block_time_rel": "8 seconds old",
  "blockchain_average_delegate_participation": 75.369075369075375,

We are making progress... thanks everyone for keeping your nodes built with the latest code and frequent updates.

Its easy actualy =D
Btw are there some estimation about number of active nodes  and/or node connectivity graph?
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline bytemaster

"blockchain_head_block_num": 15371,
  "blockchain_head_block_time": "20140617T143000",
  "blockchain_head_block_time_rel": "8 seconds old",
  "blockchain_average_delegate_participation": 75.369075369075375,

We are making progress... thanks everyone for keeping your nodes built with the latest code and frequent updates.