Author Topic: Is guestlist or helpdesk DAC possible?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
@agent86  You are right, tickets are just issued assets. Again, the advantage is only in potentially *lower* costs than XCP/MSC. Plus you could brand it differently, just like Music is using their own blockchain when they could in theory ride on someone else.

Helpdesk is *slightly* different in that you can choose what to pay for your ticket (other definition of "ticket") rather than buying it off market. It's not a normal issued asset.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
I think it is awesome! For a newbie you seem to get how the pieces fit together.
For tickets, it's sort of like ME/Mastercoin/counterparty but with short-term assets. You could theoretically have much lower overhead by pruning events that are no longer active.

For helpdesk, you could implement a natural priority queue based on how much they paid for the helpdesk ticket.

In either case, it is clear where the income is coming from and what service the blockchain provides in exchange.

+5%

Thanks! :). So is it possible to use the toolkit to create these kinds of DAC? For the helpdesk I'm not sure about prioritization based on the amount paid for the ticket. As far as I know, helpdesk was being paid for by the company to the third party providers now. Perhaps prioritization will be managed once ticket was created by the customer (additional data for prioritization, status, thread replies, etc. - could bloat the blockchain?).

In addition, I was thinking about the shareholder's benefit if coins spent on tokens will be sent to them as dividends or just some part of it (remaining part will can be burned perhaps). In the future, there maybe too much coins available - with coins returning to shareholders as dividends and some being generated via POS. Of course this will depend on the increasing demand for coins by token generators (businesses) using the DAC service to balance the supply/demand ecosystem.
What is being accomplished that Bitshares ME can't do?  As best I can tell this is just 2 applications for how tokens could be used by companies.

Why create a whole separate DAC for helpdesk vs guestlist when both DACs need the same thing: tokens.

How is it a "guestlist" when the guestlist tokens are freely exchangeable and sellable, it's more like entry tickets right?

I feel like by talking about "POS generated coins" you're not fully understanding POS.  It doesn't generate coins in the way mining does; your percent stake typically stays the same over time, it's not about coins but a percentage of the whole.

It doesn't really make sense for these companies to "pay coins" to generate their tokens/coins when issuing a token should be a very low cost thing to do.  Why should they pay you for your "guest list coins" when they can create an asset on bitshares me for next to nothing and use that instead?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think it is awesome! For a newbie you seem to get how the pieces fit together.
For tickets, it's sort of like ME/Mastercoin/counterparty but with short-term assets. You could theoretically have much lower overhead by pruning events that are no longer active.

For helpdesk, you could implement a natural priority queue based on how much they paid for the helpdesk ticket.

In either case, it is clear where the income is coming from and what service the blockchain provides in exchange.

+5%
I can think of a blockchain-based stackexchange platform where you can offer money to however solves a problem!

Offline kino

• View Profile

+5%

Thanks! :). So is it possible to use the toolkit to create these kinds of DAC? For the helpdesk I'm not sure about prioritization based on the amount paid for the ticket. As far as I know, helpdesk was being paid for by the company to the third party providers now. Perhaps prioritization will be managed once ticket was created by the customer (additional data for prioritization, status, thread replies, etc. - could bloat the blockchain?).

In addition, I was thinking about the shareholder's benefit if coins spent on tokens will be sent to them as dividends or just some part of it (remaining part will can be burned perhaps). In the future, there maybe too much coins available - with coins returning to shareholders as dividends and some being generated via POS. Of course this will depend on the increasing demand for coins by token generators (businesses) using the DAC service to balance the supply/demand ecosystem.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

+5%
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline kino

• View Profile
Hi, new to this forum and still learning about DACs and brainstorming about it's potential so I am throwing this question here if these ideas are possible and if Bitshares toolkit can be used to build this DAC:

Guestlist DAC - providing guestlist services, this could be applicable to clubs,event coordinators, etc.

1. This will have coins - can be airdropped to AGS/PTS holders (10% each) and 10% to club owners, event coordinators willing to use the DAC to kick-start the use of DAC, other coins will be generated POS. Coins can be traded at exchanges so future shareholders can get a hold of them.
2. To use the service, a professional (say a Club owner) will have to purchase (or generate via POS) coins to create guestlist tokens.
3. Token price is not fixed of course just in case the demand or price for each coin drops or shot up. E.g. today 3 coins is worth 100 guestlist credits, the next month 3 coins could be worth 300 guestlist credits. This way the service can still be used on a fixed price basis by professionals without worrying about the service cost. guestlists generated are tied up to the coin address to mark ownership.
4. Coins used to create tokens can be returned to shareholders as part of their dividends for holding shares of DAC.
5. guestlist tokens can be marked as spent and as per blockchain (date of guestlist?).

Helpdesk DAC - Almost the same as above but instead, Helpdesk Tokens are generated by the DAC in exchange for coins.

1. This can be used by companies currently using helpdesk service from thirdparty providers (e.g. Freshdesk)
2. Company can buy coins to store credits for generating helpdesk tokens owned by their coin address.
3. Tokens are spent when someone file a helpdesk support charged to their address.
4. Coins used to create tokens will be returned to shareholders as part of dividends.

This could provide several benefits:
1. Token users - immediate cost reduction to an existing third party services.
2. Shareholders - dividends for use of DAC by token users.
3. Speculators (short term coin holders) - Can speculate and liquidate their investment at exchanges without affecting service/token users since token price is not fixed.

Feel free to shoot this down if this is not feasible or not a DAC idea.