Author Topic: ProtoShares wallet not opening  (Read 3806 times)

Offline testz

Thank you toast and testz I managed to install new version and find wallet.dat and replace it in new wallet.
 :)

+5% Enjoy!  :)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Thank you toast and testz I managed to install new version and find wallet.dat and replace it in new wallet.
 :)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I instaled new version, but it does not have my PTS nor details of my AGS donation so I guess that must be in my wallet.dat which I can not find.
So I think I need help with finding my wallet.dat to transfer it in to the new wallet or try to add seed nodes as testz  suggested so version 0.2 can work, but I would need some more information on how to do that.

Thank you

It is in ~/.protoshares
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I instaled new version, but it does not have my PTS nor details of my AGS donation so I guess that must be in my wallet.dat which I can not find.
So I think I need help with finding my wallet.dat to transfer it in to the new wallet or try to add seed nodes as testz  suggested so version 0.2 can work, but I would need some more information on how to do that.

Thank you

Offline testz

Version 0.2 can work, if no connection you can add seed nodes from here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=172.msg1438#msg1438
For fix database you can run wallet with param -rescan:
Code: [Select]
protoshares-qt.exe -rescan

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
He probably means he doesn't know where his old one is... It's in the data directory, would be in ~/.protoshares 

I have 0.2 and it works fine.

Something else is amiss, his DB is probably corrupt or something. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it, but I think some others do
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline testz

Thank you for your reply testz, but I do not have wallet dat and I can not make one as the wallet is not opening.
Can you please advise what to do.
Thank you

If you don't have wallet.dat simple install latest version and run it, empty wallet.dat will be created automatically.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply testz, but I do not have wallet dat and I can not make one as the wallet is not opening.
Can you please advise what to do.
Thank you

Offline testz

Hi,
I am trying to open my ProtoShares wallet Qt-0.2.0., but I receive following message when I try:" Error loading block database.
Do you want to rebuild the block database now?"
 When I click "OK" then next message appears: "ProtoShares-Qt quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send report to Apple"
When I click "Reopen" same message appears again:"Error loading block database. Do you want to rebuild the block database now?"
Any help would be great as this is wallet that I used to send AGS.

Where you found so old version?
Latest version here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2995.0

Before install anything, make sure that you have backup of your wallet.dat
After installing new version you should place your wallet.dat into new folder which was renamed from ProtoShares to BitShares-PTS

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Hi,
I am trying to open my ProtoShares wallet Qt-0.2.0., but I receive following message when I try:" Error loading block database.
Do you want to rebuild the block database now?"
 When I click "OK" then next message appears: "ProtoShares-Qt quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send report to Apple"
When I click "Reopen" same message appears again:"Error loading block database. Do you want to rebuild the block database now?"
Any help would be great as this is wallet that I used to send AGS.