Author Topic: Dry Run 3: A Game of Delegates  (Read 25933 times)

Offline Fox

Now I'm looking for some votes.  Anyone willing to:
Code: [Select]
wallet_set_delegate_trust_level fox 1
Thanks in advance.
Witness: fox

Xeldal

registered a new account, registered as delegate 'xeldal'
I was able to import pts wallets bitcoin private keys but I'm unable to import an electrum wallet file.

How to import pts wallets bitcoin private keys to get XTS? Thanks all.

For PTS wallet you will use wallet_import_bitcoin

wallet_import_bitcoin <wallet_filename> <passphrase> <account_name>                                   Imports a bitcoin wallet
Imports a bitcoin wallet

Parameters:
  wallet_filename (filename, required): the path to the bitcoin wallet you would like to import.
  passphrase (passphrase, required): the bitcoin wallet's password, not your bitshares wallet password.
  account_name (account_name, required): the account name to receive the contents of the wallet, you must create this account first if it does not exist.

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/Bitshares-commands:-Wallet#wallet_import_bitcoin

You'll need to upload your wallet.dat file to your server

Offline cgafeng

There are something weird.
I send some xts and get this.

cgafeng (unlocked) >>> wallet_account_transaction_history
    BLK.TRX  TIMESTAMP           FROM                TO                  MEMO                                             AMOUNT             FEE              ID
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      0.0    2014-06-20T17:03:30 cgafeng             vlight              have fun                                  10.000000 XTS        0.010000 XTS        633c66a8

cgafeng (unlocked) >>> blockchain_get_transaction 633c66a8
{
  "trx": {
    "expiration": null,
    "delegate_id": null,
    "operations": [],
    "signatures": []
  },
  "signed_keys": [],
  "validation_error": null,
  "required_deposits": [],
  "provided_deposits": [],
  "deposits": [],
  "withdraws": [],
  "balance": [],
  "net_delegate_votes": [],
  "chain_location": {
    "block_num": 0,
    "trx_num": 0
  }
}
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Why do I "coolspeed" have so many down votes that I can never be a delegate?

40          coolspeed                163989998           109830374550        -1.096870184 %      0               4

Because you were an initial delegate - you should have been named "unelected-coolspeed" so you could make a new "coolspeed" with 0 but we messed up.

Could you extract that name back for me in next dry run or real chain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline taoljj

• View Profile
registered a new account, registered as delegate 'xeldal'
I was able to import pts wallets bitcoin private keys but I'm unable to import an electrum wallet file.

How to import pts wallets bitcoin private keys to get XTS? Thanks all.

Done.thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:52:24 pm by taoljj »
BTS      Witness: delegate.taoljj

Offline cgafeng

Can someone please send me some XTS?  8)

XTS8k1x5PppXVDrVy61jqkd4bfqzvYMFUJiJYuMBFhqpswKgfb3BH

I'm trying to register "light".

Thanks.
sent.
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline Fox

I just sent 1 XTS to "fox"

Thank you toast and spartako.  I will now attempt to become a delegate.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It seems every block produced by a delegate increases votes for that delegate.. Why?

delegate pay automatically votes for the delegate that produced it. Since it has to be voting for someone it might as well vote for the guy who produced it
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
It seems every block produced by a delegate increases votes for that delegate.. Why?
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline toast

• View Profile

40          coolspeed                163989998           109830374550        -1.096870184 %      0               4

Because you were an initial delegate - you should have been named "unelected-coolspeed" so you could make a new "coolspeed" with 0 but we messed up.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline toast

• View Profile
I'm ready to help test!  I'll need some XTS to get started (and a bit of guidance).  Thus far I have used wallet_import_keyhotee to connect my wallet to my ID. 

Does that allow you to send XTS to my name "fox", or must I paste the "account_address" into this thread then register the account thereafter?

Thanks,
Fox

I just sent 1 XTS to "fox"

Offline Fox

I'm ready to help test!  I'll need some XTS to get started (and a bit of guidance).  Thus far I have used wallet_import_keyhotee to connect my wallet to my ID. 

Does that allow you to send XTS to my name "fox", or must I paste the "account_address" into this thread then register the account thereafter?

Thanks,
Fox

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
Check log for information.  I had experienced same thing.  I set wallet_unlock 999.  When 999 seconds passed, wallet is locked and my delegate stopped producing.  Try unlocking it for a longer period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

clout

I am currently missing blocks even though I am connected to the network and my delegates are enabled. Why might this be?