Author Topic: Price Speculation - PTS Price will be $7+ in <45 days (50%+ gain)?  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I forgot I wrote this here too, I was pretty happy with the little side trade.

I sold in the 0.0080-87 range having bought in the 0.0070-75 range, the rest of the alt-coin market was doing very badly much worse than BTC especially when I sold. So to hold value and gain in BTC terms over that period was really good actually.

Bullish on PTS going forward but not as bullish as on BTSX, so yeah it's probably taking some demand.

Once people understand BitShares better by noticing BitShares X they will want some PTS too, so BitShares X should help PTS in the long run.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:25:47 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
it is caused by mining . around 30k pts were mined in the past 3 days

Im surprised the price of pts has not budged.  Last time around with btsx the price rocketed up and back down as anticipated.  Two very interesting products but no takers?

BTSX is bleeding them dry. Everyone wants in on that right now, even if it means sacrificing some stake in DNS and Vote. Also, I believe the difficulty rate in PTS has chased away some miners, or so I heard secondhand.

Makes sense, coinmarketcap shows 200k 24hr volume.  Miners are dumping and buyers can not keep up?

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
it is caused by mining . around 30k pts were mined in the past 3 days

Im surprised the price of pts has not budged.  Last time around with btsx the price rocketed up and back down as anticipated.  Two very interesting products but no takers?

BTSX is bleeding them dry. Everyone wants in on that right now, even if it means sacrificing some stake in DNS and Vote. Also, I believe the difficulty rate in PTS has chased away some miners, or so I heard secondhand.
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
People are always waiting for the last moment.. Hopefully BTC will be looking better within a few days.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
6 days for a dual snapshot, I expected the price to raise by now but i guess since bitcoin seems to be on a downtrend that it wont be that easy
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I've been surprised to see the price of PTS decrease over this last week.  If I had to speculate, I'd say there's been some transposition of volume towards the pre-launch BTSX (good move by BTER and BTC38). 

Take a look at the 24 hour trading volume of BTSX on coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/24-hour/#bitshares-x (BTER only)

24 hr Volume of pre-launch BTSX = $10,352 (BTER)
24 hr Volume of PTS = $9,785 (BTER + BTC38 + Cryptsy + Poloniex [?? anyone trade in this exchange before?])

If this weren't the case, I suspect PTS would have easily doubled in price.

After AGS fundraising I suppose PTS price will increase again...

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I've been surprised to see the price of PTS decrease over this last week.  If I had to speculate, I'd say there's been some transposition of volume towards the pre-launch BTSX (good move by BTER and BTC38). 

Take a look at the 24 hour trading volume of BTSX on coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/24-hour/#bitshares-x (BTER only)

24 hr Volume of pre-launch BTSX = $10,352 (BTER)
24 hr Volume of PTS = $9,785 (BTER + BTC38 + Cryptsy + Poloniex [?? anyone trade in this exchange before?])

If this weren't the case, I suspect PTS would have easily doubled in price.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
After the AGS window closes (27 days) the only way to get a stake in Bitshares will be via PTS.

The AGS donation rate will probably increase substantially in the last 10-15 days, driving up demand for PTS too.

DPOS & BitsharesX are currently in medium to advanced testing, I think once products are released (even though Bitshares X has already been snap-shotted) that the valuation of BitShares will increase siginificantly too.

Except for PTS/CNY the PTS demand is unbelievably low at the moment yet the price has achieved relative stability so any increased demand from will drastically effect price imo.

Downside: The PTS price has been pretty stable, the likelihood of the PTS price being below $4 and definitely $3.5 in the next 45 days in very low.

So limited downside and great upside potential.

I already have PTS & AGS which I've invested for the long term. However I think this is a good trade for some short term gains.