Author Topic: Stan , could you please make any comment for this post regarding snapshots?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Thanks.

All points make sense and are easily comprehendible even to me!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
2 questions Stan,

1. Do you plan AGS 2.0?

2. My understanding is that AGS will never be made liquid, mainly for legal reasons not for lack of desire to do so.

Is there any recent development that this might change? (as in loopholes, working towards change the laws… etc.)

We have no plans for AGS 2.0.  We have suggested that individual DACs might distribute some of their remaining 80% using a similar proof-of-donation approach, but that is up to individual developer/operators, not us.

We see the most potential in having Delegate controlled smart spigots fund future development.  This puts these fund allocation decisions in the hands of elected leaders, not us.

There were several reasons for not making AGS liquid - regulatory constraints is one.  Not changing the rules is another.   To me, the biggest consideration the fact that AGS targets sharedrops to people proven to donate to developers.  If liquid, they would be no different from PTS and then you would have to argue why one demographic mailing list should get 20% of the shares.  A harder sell, IMHO, than 10% to two different demographics.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
2 questions Stan,

1. Do you plan AGS 2.0?

2. My understanding is that AGS will never be made liquid, mainly for legal reasons not for lack of desire to do so.

Is there any recent development that this might change? (as in loopholes, working towards change the laws… etc.)

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We are focused on getting XT out the door, so we aren't working to make any other snapshots ready to be announced in the remaining 12 days before the two-week fair warning requirement leading to Day 200.

That said, there is nothing to stop independent developers from making such an announcement whenever they please.

As far as AGS donors are concerned, Day 200 might as well be...

The Snapshot at The End of Time

for every remaining BitShares DAC that will ever be released.   Since nothing about AGS will change after that.  Day 200 is the terminal AGS snapshot - regardless of when subsequent DAC snapshots may be announced.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:37:29 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
An announcement now would give snapshot at minimum in 2 weeks anyway. On another note the comment seems a bit too blunt given the potential for liquid AGS.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
BM posted following post last night. look like there will be no more snapshot before AGS ending at day 200.

I found ME is about ready to lunch while doing XTS testing.  will you agree with BM that there is no more snapshot from now to Day 200?

There will only be 2 snapshots for AGS... Feb 28th and Day 200.   Everything except BTS XT should honor AGS from Day 200.
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students