Author Topic: Need help to download wallet  (Read 2643 times)

merockstar

Could someone help me out im a bit fresh to all this and having trouble opening the gz file ive tried a few different zip apps and i cant get anything that resembles a wallet. Its doing my head in

try 7-zip

Offline tigers05

• View Profile
Could someone help me out im a bit fresh to all this and having trouble opening the gz file ive tried a few different zip apps and i cant get anything that resembles a wallet. Its doing my head in

Offline Chant Violet

• View Profile
Cool! 8) Will be vigilant and buy some protoshares for AGS.....meantime...

merockstar

OK Thanks merockstar, I will go over this and get it all in perspective. I guess it would not hurt to participate in both BitShare and AGS. What exchange will we be able to buy the BitShares from? They mentioned Cryptsy and Bter if I remember rightly? So they will be launched onto the exchange and we need to be ready to snap them up?

I'm not sure what exchange will be the first to pick up bitshares, thats really the decision of each individual exchange. just got to keep your eyes peeled.

Offline Chant Violet

• View Profile
OK Thanks merockstar, I will go over this and get it all in perspective. I guess it would not hurt to participate in both BitShare and AGS. What exchange will we be able to buy the BitShares from? They mentioned Cryptsy and Bter if I remember rightly? So they will be launched onto the exchange and we need to be ready to snap them up?

merockstar

Thanks merockstar, I certainly would like to get in on the action, so I will download this. I am aware that PTS is a crptocurrency as I am trading on Poloniex. I will be able to get some PTS there. Will this wallet allow me to deposit the PTS from Poloniex to be used on BitShare? :)

BitShares XT means the soon to be released banking and exchange DAC.
BitShares, without any letter after it, refers to the currency that will be used on BitShares X.

BitShares-PTS is the cryptocurrency that gets you shares in DACs if you're holding during a specific DAC's snapshot.

BitShares X refers to a chain of other features that will be tacked onto BitShares XT after it comes out.

The snapshot for BitShares XT, unfortunately, already happened on February 28th. That means buying BitShares-PTS from Poloniex will not get you any BitShares to be used in BitShares X(T).

The way to get BitShares is to wait until BitShares XT is actually released, and buy some from an exchange or a person. I know this sucks, I am in the same boat as you, but not to worry, they should still be pretty cheap immediately after BitShares XT comes out. Just keep your eyes peeled.

What BitShares-PTS will do for you will get you a stake in the DACs that come out after BitShares X. Examples of those will be BitShares Music, BitShares Insurance, BitShares Lotto, and endless other possibilities, so if you want to buy PTS from Poloniex I would still encourage you to go for it, I just don't want to give you the mistaken impression that these will get you shares on BitShares X.

If you buy some BitShares-PTS and then donate them to the AGS fund and hang onto the wallet you used to donate from, you can multiply your holdings in these upcoming DACs. But that's very optional. The difference is you can always sell your PTS, but if you donate your in for life. AGS aren't liquid.

So if your only interest is in the banking software that lets you short, you need to wait until XT is released for that.

But if you wanna buy into the stuff that will come out AFTER X and XT, like music, insurance, and lotto, that's what you would buy PTS on Poloniex for.

So to answer your question, yes the wallet will let you save the BitShares-PTS you buy on Poloniex, but that is not the same thing as the BitShares to be used on BitShares X(T).

Offline Chant Violet

• View Profile
Thanks merockstar, I certainly would like to get in on the action, so I will download this. I am aware that PTS is a crptocurrency as I am trading on Poloniex. I will be able to get some PTS there. Will this wallet allow me to deposit the PTS from Poloniex to be used on BitShare? :)

merockstar

bitshares xt, the banking DAC, hasnt been released yet, but when it is, it will be simple enough for you.

bitshares-pts is what used to be referred to as protoshares, it's a cryptocurrency like bitcoin, but by holding it you can get in on some of the actions for upcoming DACs.

if bitshares-xt is what you mean then you need to give it a little more time.

if bitshares-pts is what you want, grab it from here : http://bitshares.org/resources/downloads/   not github you want the one labelled "BitShares-PTS"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:18:15 pm by merockstar »

Offline Chant Violet

• View Profile
I am not technical, so before I start...is BitShare only for the tech wizz? In which case I won't waste my time.
Downloading github wallets have proven to be a waste of GBs. Whole history of blockchains and then the wallet won't do as the read me instructions say! So ending up with 10GBs of blockchain and no wallet! I do not understand the instructions for the QT wallet ....so I can only assume this site is not for the non tech? Is there anyone who can assist please? Thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:55:25 pm by Chant Violet »