Author Topic: Delegate hosting - (recommendations)  (Read 2680 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
but from the qt client the account appears as "Standby delegate". Is it that because it has no votes or I'm missing some configurations?
No.. configuration seems all fine .. once you have enought votes your delegate will automatically start producing blocks ..
Good luck and good to have you on board

Offline bitwiz

• View Profile

Don't neglect your wallet_unlock parameter.  Your wallet must be unlocked to produce a block.  5-nines is just over a day, 6-nines is nearly two weeks.  Check it:
Code: [Select]
wallet_unlock 99999

I have a question, what happens after the unlock time has passed ? do I have to send again the unlock command from the console manually?

If you have a delegate (even if its not producing blocks) the wallet will NOT AUTOLOCK!
I remember a Release Note of Bytemaster telling us so

Thanks. I created a node and setup as delegate on a cloud machine. It's configured to produce blocks:

NAME (* delegate)                  KEY                                                             REGISTERED            FAVORITE       APPROVAL       BLOCK PRODUCTION ENABLED
delegate.bitwiz *                  BTSX5exsnhPaZsN4ndMMD6KhY6pDGcQJQGC7sAybQSBRnsbSx8zCqB          2014-08-25T18:49:50   NO             0              YES

but from the qt client the account appears as "Standby delegate". Is it that because it has no votes or I'm missing some configurations?
Thanks
wallet_approve_delegate delegate.bitwiz
BTSX: bitwiz    | BTC: 1LW55JXXaZ9V2xjHaBvsXJ5WYv76LRnF2p
I'm running a PTS seed node on the cloud, get a 10$ bonus using this referral

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Don't neglect your wallet_unlock parameter.  Your wallet must be unlocked to produce a block.  5-nines is just over a day, 6-nines is nearly two weeks.  Check it:
wallet_unlock 99999

I have a question, what happens after the unlock time has passed ? do I have to send again the unlock command from the console manually?

If you have a delegate (even if its not producing blocks) the wallet will NOT AUTOLOCK!
I remember a Release Note of Bytemaster telling us so

Offline bitwiz

• View Profile

wallet_unlock 99999

wallet_approve_delegate delegate.bitwiz
BTSX: bitwiz    | BTC: 1LW55JXXaZ9V2xjHaBvsXJ5WYv76LRnF2p
I'm running a PTS seed node on the cloud, get a 10$ bonus using this referral

merockstar

Offline Fox

My experience is with Ubuntu.  The initial BitsharesX codebase takes my VM 4GB RAM to compile, but can run the delegate node on less than 786MB. 

Connectivity to peers is key.  This will require a reliable Internet connection.  Running NTP is a near requisite:
sudo apt-get install ntp
Add some servers to the config file:
sudo nano /etc/npd.confserver ntp.ubuntu.com
server pool.ntp.org

You need as many peer connections as your node can sustain to ensure you see transactions and blocks propagating within the network and your blocks are quickly distributed to the network.  Be sure to increase the number of peer connections beyond the default of 8:
network_set_advanced_node_parameters { "peer_connection_retry_timeout": 30, "desired_number_of_connections": 50, "maximum_number_of_connections": 100 }

wallet_unlock 99999
Witness: fox

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
I am looking for recommendations on hosting a delegate node.

- VPS vs Cloud server vs ?
 - What hosting providers would you recommend?
 - What are optimal specs for a server hosting a Bitshares X delegate node?
 - Any other recommendations related to hosting a delegate node.
>>> approve bitcoiners