Author Topic: Dry Run 6: Great Scott!  (Read 90950 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Code: [Select]
XTS5Bc8wdBATndbt8UQB7D21fqZQGaznUB6AY7CEtNgMSygpQKGNawho can send me some XTS
thanks
100xts on the way

Offline wackou

I believe I have fixed this.

Doesn't work for me:
fatal: reference is not a tree: 5c98d7864f60d38143aac47ee055ebaae38fd025
Unable to checkout '5c98d7864f60d38143aac47ee055ebaae38fd025' in submodule path 'libraries/fc'

did you push to fc too?
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline bytemaster

I have been looking at the fork graph and what it looks like is that connections are stalling.  What I am seeing is that the seed node which has init delegates 12 to 100 is producing blocks one after another but the rest of the network ( vikram1, bdnobel, delegate-baozi, vikram11, vikram2) act like they never got the memo even as there are 0 transactions at this time.

This is almost certainly a network / communication issue potentially caused by socket inactivity and TCP/IP connections going stale. 

This is good news:  the forks that have occurred are not for differences in evaluation logic, but instead purely differences in timing / communication.

I am working on something that should address this and hope to have it out tonight.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
XTS5Bc8wdBATndbt8UQB7D21fqZQGaznUB6AY7CEtNgMSygpQKGNawho can send me some XTS
thanks
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline bytemaster

[ 89%] Building CXX object libraries/net/CMakeFiles/bts_net.dir/node.cpp.o
/Users/even/dev/bts/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/net/node.cpp:475:21: error: no member named 'set_actual_rate_time_constant' in
      'fc::rate_limiting_group'
      _rate_limiter.set_actual_rate_time_constant(fc::seconds(2));
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/even/dev/bts/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/net/node.cpp:893:52: error: no member named 'get_actual_download_rate' in
        uint32_t usage_this_second = _rate_limiter.get_actual_download_rate() + _rate_limiter.get_actual_upload_rate();
                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/even/dev/bts/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/net/node.cpp:893:95: error: no member named 'get_actual_upload_rate' in
        uint32_t usage_this_second = _rate_limiter.get_actual_download_rate() + _rate_limiter.get_actual_upload_rate();
                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/even/dev/bts/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/net/node.cpp:905:22: warning: unused variable 'average_this_hour'
      [-Wunused-variable]
            uint32_t average_this_hour = (uint32_t)boost::accumulate(_average_network_usage_minutes, UINT64_C(0)) / _a...
                     ^
1 warning and 3 errors generated.
make[2]: *** [libraries/net/CMakeFiles/bts_net.dir/node.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libraries/net/CMakeFiles/bts_net.dir/all] Error 2
Can someone help? this problem happened on my Mac OSX 10.9.

everybody has this problem independent with the operating system (I have the same problem with linux)
if you see a few post's back you find some hints (I didn't resolved this problem either yet ... >:()

I believe I have fixed this.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
everybody has this problem independent with the operating system (I have the same problem with linux)
if you see a few post's back you find some hints (I didn't resolved this problem either yet ... >:()

cd libraries
rm -rf fc
git clone https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/fc.git

then try again to compile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
The log-out timeout on preferences didn't work !!!
I update to 999999 seconds 2 times (stated "Preferences Updated") and it log outs both times....

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
/Users/even/dev/bts/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/net/node.cpp:475:21: error: no member named 'set_actual_rate_time_constant' in
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/even/dev/bts/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/net/node.cpp:893:52: error: no member named 'get_actual_download_rate' in
                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/even/dev/bts/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/net/node.cpp:893:95: error: no member named 'get_actual_upload_rate' in
                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/even/dev/bts/bitshares_toolkit/libraries/net/node.cpp:905:22: warning: unused variable 'average_this_hour'
      [-Wunused-variable]
            uint32_t average_this_hour = (uint32_t)boost::accumulate(_average_network_usage_minutes, UINT64_C(0)) / _a...
                     ^

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
See a couple of posts above.

Need to update the fc lib manually ..

Offline Saleh

• View Profile
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
      [-Wunused-variable]
                     ^
PTS:PdgL56dBh5fhL3qfk8BMEYEpUQcqGDHKhj
BTSX:bitcoiner

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
So my question to you, can i be of assistance or would i just get in the way at this stage?
+ The current hardware requirements are "a cheap VPS is enough"
+ mining is not going to happen with BitShares ecosystem, so you can let your miners do what every they do currently
+ you can download the latest wallet from github and compile (or your the windows wallet) and try to find bugs in the wallet/network
+ have fun :)

Thanks xeroc, is there a windows version of the wallet? if not i will try and get my coder interested to help find bugs, he mined a few blocks on his computer when he was working out how to set up my pc's so he has some interest in the project.

http://bitshares.org/BitSharesXT-0.0.6.exe

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thanks xeroc, is there a windows version of the wallet? if not i will try and get my coder interested to help find bugs, he mined a few blocks on his computer when he was working out how to set up my pc's so he has some interest in the project.
See OP:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5303.105

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
So my question to you, can i be of assistance or would i just get in the way at this stage?
+ The current hardware requirements are "a cheap VPS is enough"
+ mining is not going to happen with BitShares ecosystem, so you can let your miners do what every they do currently
+ you can download the latest wallet from github and compile (or your the windows wallet) and try to find bugs in the wallet/network
+ have fun :)

Offline wackou

Please sent some funds to:

XTS8DpkcmJNTMnWE4hjwWQMz119XLZMm8PXFYDW88sTaLtGTSr364   liondani

sent you 100 XTS

thanks  ;)

but because the account schould be a delegate I don't see the funds...
and the same time I don't see my account's on the directory>registered list as in past!...

well actually you don't see the funds because the transaction is still pending, looks like it got stuck while a fork happened at block 359. Sent another 100, let's see if it goes through this time...
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io