Author Topic: Dynamic number of delegates with minimum delegates (101)... to save "democracy"!  (Read 4860 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
 +5% I think just for marketing purposes limiting it to 101 might be bad.
Like NXT took SO much heat for only have +-70 initial shareholders, I'm concerned the market will compare apples with oranges and conclude unfairly that '101 - that doesn't sound very decentralised.'

Despite decentralisation being a means not an end.

(So some amendment that keeps it at 101 but doesn't 'limit' it to that, maybe something that kicks in at $1 Billion+ valuation or something,  I don't know...)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:50:08 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Isn it the responsibility of the sharholders to literlly vote against such cartels?

like bitcoin "shareholders" did with multipools ?  ::)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Isn it the responsibility of the sharholders to literlly vote against such cartels?

But good points that need to be address .. having a dynamic number of delegates maybe depending of mean nr. Transaction might be worth thinking about

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I bring to the table again the dynamic number of delegates with minimum delegates... (101 I suppose)
If it is easy to change that in future maybe it is not worth talking about it right now of course...
But I thing, depended on BTSX growth, 101 delegates will not be enough at one point... or better to say it would be not so fair for the rest of the world... or maybe even dangerous for our world !
I am sure the first years it will work fine (like bitcoin and better), but imagine Titan replaces all coins? Imagine million of users!
101 delegates with thousands of users seems ok, what about when 101 delegates will "serve" 100 million users? My feeling says it will be something like a dictatorship...
It would be like 101 "respected" "companys", "rules" the world's economy... And how can I know that one "company" will not buy the other "company"... How can I know that delegate 1 will not buy delegate 101 and 99 etc. of course not in face of our eyes, nobody nor the insiders would know about it. So Coca Cola = delegate 1, BP =delegate 2, Microsoft=delegate 3 etc...
What multipools** are for bitcoin, will 101* delegates be for bitshares...

* in reality it could be only 10 that owns "indirectly" the other 91 or the first 1000 on the delegates list...
** I can imagine that the first multipools-like actors for bitshares will be the centralized exchanges for bts, because to their addresses (delegate accounts)  that will be used for the huge deposits from customers... In future they could have near 0 fees or even give dividends back (or interest) to get their precious coins ... I mean votes.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:28:14 pm by liondani »