Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet Help  (Read 1677 times)

Offline bytemaster

I have a Bitcoin-Qt (8.3) wallet where I create a new receive address and it shows up in my receive addresses.

Then I goto the console and "dumpprivkey" with the new address and it says it doesn't have the address.

I have reproduced this problem 3 times and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

wallet locked?

you probably already know this BM, but I thought I'd state the obvious just in case

if it is the wallet being locked, then from console:

Code: [Select]
walletpassphrase yourpassphrase numberOfSecondstoUnlockWallet

Yep, got it figured out after a brief moment of panic.  The wallet didn't scan a transaction properly and so was missing bitcoins.   A full rescan found the coins. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

merockstar

I have a Bitcoin-Qt (8.3) wallet where I create a new receive address and it shows up in my receive addresses.

Then I goto the console and "dumpprivkey" with the new address and it says it doesn't have the address.

I have reproduced this problem 3 times and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

wallet locked?

you probably already know this BM, but I thought I'd state the obvious just in case

if it is the wallet being locked, then from console:

Code: [Select]
walletpassphrase yourpassphrase numberOfSecondstoUnlockWallet

Offline testz

Check with Bitcoin-Qt 0.8.2 works good.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

wallet locked?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.