Author Topic: Crypto-xxx research group  (Read 1985 times)

Offline fuzzy

The best option IMO would be for Invictus to join the CCRG
  +5%
+5%
+5%
Sure...maybe the road goes both ways and ethereum (among others) would like to join up with BitSuperLab.  That seems a perfect sort of collaborative gesture to improve relationships, find common ground, and establish a foothold in both academia and and operational sides. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:54:54 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
  +5%
+5%

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
  +5%

charleshoskinson

The CCRG originally was an Invictus idea back in August through October and I even had a series of emails with Virginia Tech's computer science department. The idea got lost for a bit, but was resurrected when Vitalik and I noticed a lot of academic interest in Ethereum and wanted to have a better interface.

The best option IMO would be for Invictus to join the CCRG and subsidize problems that interest the development team via the network that's being built. The goal is to bring the entire cryptocurrency community together to work on hard problems that we all face from scalability to consensus to identity management. Also to begin to introduce standards specific to the space. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/joseph-lubin-interview

He mentions (20:45) Ethereum is about to form a "crypto currency research group". Does Bitshares plan something similar? Do you see value in it?

I actually discussed plans to do something like this. I tried to organize this maybe 6 months ago or more but Ethereum popped up and now has the momentum.

I don't know but I'm guessing a lot of stuff we had planned for Bitshares is being done over at Ethereum because they are probably more receptive to it. I am hoping once Bitshares gets released that we can do the same stuff here or negotiate with them so that research can be funded for community via some kind of pool.

I really think we need an academic journal with open access. Anyone with a whitepaper or idea can have it peer reviewed and then included. Research could be conducted and should be.

Ethereum is good at making connections which is something to learn from imo.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

He mentions (20:45) Ethereum is about to form a "crypto currency research group". Does Bitshares plan something similar? Do you see value in it?

I actually discussed plans to do something like this. I tried to organize this maybe 6 months ago or more but Ethereum popped up and now has the momentum.

I don't know but I'm guessing a lot of stuff we had planned for Bitshares is being done over at Ethereum because they are probably more receptive to it. I am hoping once Bitshares gets released that we can do the same stuff here or negotiate with them so that research can be funded for community via some kind of pool.

I really think we need an academic journal with open access. Anyone with a whitepaper or idea can have it peer reviewed and then included. Research could be conducted and should be.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:04:57 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Denny plans to create BitSuperLab, but it will be less about academic research and more about operational research, building tools, educational content for delegates, stuff like that.

I think both will be very valuable.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile