Author Topic: June 21 Dev Hangout + Bitshares update.  (Read 1841 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
An interesting show.  We get to hear Dan face some difficult discussion about his choice in voting method. 

I'm finally caught up on all the shows so we'll be releasing these a bit quicker from here on out I suspect.

beyondbitcoinshow.com

• 0:58 Dan Larimer’s update on Bitshares Exchange and DelegatedPOS.   Functional alpha wallet released.  Compilation requirements.
  • 4:50 Talk of the XT shares from the previous snapshot and naming considerations.  How shares in the Bitshares ecosystem works.
  • 10:30 Dan gives straightforward basic discussion about blockchain technology and how it can affect the world in a positive manner.  Talks about how low barrier of entry can be used to further decentralization.
  • 11:50 Talk of Lavabit, pro-freedom, and the US Constitution.  The basis of rights and where they actually come from.   How are they enforced in reality?
  • 21:50 Voting in DPOS (Delegated Proof of Stake).   Discussion about voting methods and possible problems on the horizon.  How do you determine transaction fees?  Why is dilution necessary to bootstrap a DAC and the value this gives. How does paying Delegates provide value to DACs?
  • 39:56 How does incentivizing Delegates early on hurt the little guy?  Does the barrier of entry increase too much?  The concept of Charity Delegates.
  • 44:45 Proposal to use voting median to determine Delegate pay.   Discussion about using market to determine transaction fees vs dilution. Discussion about opportunity cost of negative voting in traditional voting systems that have kickbacks.
  • 54:50 Talk about how DAC employees with ability to reinvest will create explosive growth.  How does Bitcoin approach compare?!
  • 1:01:43 Post-mortem discussion.  Delegate teams? Various thoughts.  Lurkers chime in.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:38:23 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.