Author Topic: Cryptsy USD  (Read 2193 times)

sumantso

Not sure, but i'm gonna go ahead and guess no.

Withdrew my remaining BTC and PTS just in case. Have a smattering of other alts but they are of hardly any value.
...because you think your acc gets frozen in case you don't verify it?

Yes, just to be safe.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile

Withdrew my remaining BTC and PTS just in case. Have a smattering of other alts but they are of hardly any value.
I think the answer is probably yes, even if not trading USD, over certain limits as below. Non-USD limits to be phased in over an unspecified timeframe.

Here's info from their blog:

http://blog.cryptsy.com/

"Question 1: 
When you launch USD, do limitations go into effect for non-verified users?
Answer:
No.  We will be phasing this part in and will let you know ahead of time exactly what the limitations are going to be.   We would like to give a chance for most of our users to get verified, especially those that would be affected by any deposit/withdrawal limits.
Question 2:
When you do impose limits, what will be limited?
Answer:
Deposit and Withdrawal amounts and daily/monthly limits.   Trade activity will not be limited.  If you are depositing or withdrawing more than $1k a day or $20k a month worth of cryptocurrencies, then you should go ahead and get the verification process started.  If you meet this criteria, we will also be contacting you directly if you are not verified.
Question 3:
Do I need to be verified to trade/deposit/withdraw USD?
Answer:
Yes
Question 4:
I tried to get verified but it got kicked back.   How do I finish the process?
Answer:
Contact our verifications team.  If you are who you say you are, then there is no reason we shouldn’t be able to get you verified.  It just may take some different documentation than what our standard system supports."

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

sumantso

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

sumantso

I just saw a message that they are implementing USD trading from July 1st and asked to verify accounts. Does this apply for all those also who don't want to do USD trading?