Author Topic: Peercoin team tackling crypto-asset price stability  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Sentinelrv

• View Profile
Jordan answered the question posted on our forum...

How related are the crypto-assets of nubits to Bitshares and their "Market Peg" mechanism?   We've been wondering over at the Bitshares forum if it will be the same mechanism or something different.

The design of the NuBits project bears no relation to the Bitshares design in any way.

Offline fuzzy

The conversation with bytemaster helped his creativity a little bit I guess ...

This was actually created by Jordan Lee, not Sunny King. As far as I know, Sunny didn't know anything about it until it was announced. Jordan created Peershares, and NuBits is an extension of that with more, but unknown functionality. I'm not on the team though, so I don't have any knowledge about what's going on. All I know is what's in the hints coming from Twitter and the new website, along with the fact that the entire team seems to be really excited.
+5% good stuff man
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Sentinelrv

• View Profile

This was actually created by Jordan Lee, not Sunny King. As far as I know, Sunny didn't know anything about it until it was announced. Jordan created Peershares, and NuBits is an extension of that with more, but unknown functionality. I'm not on the team though, so I don't have any knowledge about what's going on. All I know is what's in the hints coming from Twitter and the new website, along with the fact that the entire team seems to be really excited.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
It will take some time.. the site will provide profit back to devcoin via funding a community wallet to be used for future purposes. So what I had to do was create some auctions which I bought with bitcoins.. therefor to avoid exchange fees I only wanted to accept bitcoins for these so I creAted special bids (dvc bids and ltc btc bids) You can purchase btc bids with bitcoins and dvc
bids with devcoins (same usd value) but only some of the auctions like the devcoin funded ones or ones I decide like the amazon gift cards are biddable if you have dvc bids.. all are biddable with btc bids.. this overcame the hurdle for me and now I can add almost infinite auctions.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

merockstar

The Peercoin community is good people. FuzzyBear is who introduced me to DevToMe, and Peercoin is a great coin, I hold a bit of it as well as the angelshares I've bought.

It's so encouraging to see two good teams working on this. I know both are going to release great products.

EDIT: I should clarify-- that's from the perspective of one who sees the good this project could potentially offer humanity.

As someone seeking profit I'd benefit more from Bitshares winning this race.

Devtome is for devcoin do u earn devcoins?

yessir

Im source admin.. I also devved devcoinauctions.com... howver one big problem with accepting devcoins is there is very limited liquidity and no price asset stability so im forced to accept btc ltc to source my inventory.. Hopefully these guys can come up with something.

I thought ripple had something in the works thru their ripple gateway project and coinpayments admin was talking about how it would do exactly this.. so if I want to sell 1 million dvc i can do so at current prices without affecting the limited market depth.

man... that's a tough riddle. very chicken and egg. I always feel guilty when I sell some devcoin :(

maybe something like a localdevcoin.com, perhaps?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 07:55:29 am by merockstar »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
The Peercoin community is good people. FuzzyBear is who introduced me to DevToMe, and Peercoin is a great coin, I hold a bit of it as well as the angelshares I've bought.

It's so encouraging to see two good teams working on this. I know both are going to release great products.

EDIT: I should clarify-- that's from the perspective of one who sees the good this project could potentially offer humanity.

yessir

Im source admin.. I also devved devcoinauctions.com... howver one big problem with accepting devcoins is there is very limited liquidity and no price asset stability so im forced to accept btc ltc to source my inventory.. Hopefully these guys can come up with something.

I thought ripple had something in the works thru their ripple gateway project and coinpayments admin was talking about how it would do exactly this.. so if I want to sell 1 million dvc i can do so at current prices without affecting the limited market depth.

merockstar

yessir

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/29ifpl/the_nubits_twitter_page_is_starting_to_drop_hints/
The teaser from the twitter: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-volatility-problem-may-soon-solved/
The next big thing
Sometime, hopefully soon, some person or company is going to figure out how to securitize the holding risks of bitcoin and guarantee the underlying purchasing power of consumer and merchant bitcoin deposits.
I’m not talking about ‘instant conversion’ tools offered by companies like BitPay and Coinbase, but rather products that allow depositors to safely and securely hold bitcoins that won’t fluctuate wildly in price. Ideally, depositors wouldn’t even know it, but they would be using this innovation to offload price volatility onto professional speculators with a higher risk tolerance.
In the process, bitcoin could begin acting like a currency for those who wish to use it as a unit of account for payments, while still preserving its properties as a high-beta investment. It’s a simple idea with a complex solution and a potentially lucrative payout.
Someone is bound to crack the problem eventually.

"code-complete and passing initial testing"

well fuck me. Gotta keep pushing
In which way would peercoin or some project that is comming out of the ppc community have a solution to the price instability problem?
All the text above says is that you could have someone else take the risk of the price stability. But then that person has to have the coins to be able to day trade them. You can't use them to buy things... Where is the innovation? You could make such a contract (legal contract) with using BTC too...

Or did you just say that BTS X should be out asap?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

merockstar

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:44:01 pm by merockstar »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/29ifpl/the_nubits_twitter_page_is_starting_to_drop_hints/
The teaser from the twitter: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-volatility-problem-may-soon-solved/
The next big thing
Sometime, hopefully soon, some person or company is going to figure out how to securitize the holding risks of bitcoin and guarantee the underlying purchasing power of consumer and merchant bitcoin deposits.
I’m not talking about ‘instant conversion’ tools offered by companies like BitPay and Coinbase, but rather products that allow depositors to safely and securely hold bitcoins that won’t fluctuate wildly in price. Ideally, depositors wouldn’t even know it, but they would be using this innovation to offload price volatility onto professional speculators with a higher risk tolerance.
In the process, bitcoin could begin acting like a currency for those who wish to use it as a unit of account for payments, while still preserving its properties as a high-beta investment. It’s a simple idea with a complex solution and a potentially lucrative payout.
Someone is bound to crack the problem eventually.

"code-complete and passing initial testing"

well fuck me. Gotta keep pushing
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.