Author Topic: question: plus five percent?  (Read 1479 times)

merockstar

The  +5% is a proposed feature which might be implemented on a a future BTS X chain. In such a chain, the holder of BitUSD earns interest paid out of the short position's collateral. The short is paying 5% on the value of their bitshares which the system uses to buy bitUSD and give it to the long position.

All the various assets live on a chain together, BitUSD moves around just like the user-issued assets on the real chains.

now it's clear! thanks toast

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The  +5% is a proposed feature which might be implemented on a a future BTS X chain. In such a chain, the holder of BitUSD earns interest paid out of the short position's collateral. The short is paying 5% on the value of their bitshares which the system uses to buy bitUSD and give it to the long position.

All the various assets live on a chain together, BitUSD moves around just like the user-issued assets on the real chains.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

merockstar

The shorting party who issues bitasset is paying the shorting interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that makes even more sense. thanks for helping me clear this up in my mind.

one more question: will bitUSD blocks be confirmed by the same delegates as bitshares?

edit, wait a second: the collateral that gets put up by the shorting party is in bitshares, not bitAsset

so destroying bitshares drives up the price of bitshares...

i guess i need somebody to spell this out for me like I'm a tard (not far from the truth)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:19:13 pm by merockstar »

Offline mitao

• View Profile
The shorting party who issues bitasset is paying the shorting interest.

merockstar

5% is for bitasset

but where does it come from?

actually, thinking this through, if bitAssets don't have delegates, but have transaction fees, that makes a lot of sense.

will the fees be set at 5%?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:57:30 pm by merockstar »

Offline mitao

• View Profile
5% is for bitasset

merockstar

+5%

is that still happening? the derivatives model was given up on right?

so that leaves the transaction fees that get destroyed-- but... delegates are going to be able to set that for themselves, no?

so it might actually be + 1%, or +10%?

am I missing a piece of the puzzle?

how do you calculate bitAsset fees so that the transactions fees works out to  +5% for everybody else?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:58:55 pm by merockstar »