Author Topic: Dry Run 7: The Power of DPOS  (Read 128693 times)

Offline svk

Like I said earlier the web wallet is looking good, and Hackfisher immediately corrected a spelling error I pointed out on github :)

There's one function currently throwing errors, it's the delegate list. It's simply because in the blockchain service list_delegates is called with "count" parameter set to -1. This throws an error. Setting it to a positive number fixes it, it's on line 133 of "blockchain.coffee", I've set it to 200 here:

Code: [Select]
@q.all({dels: @blockchain_api.list_delegates(0,200), config: @get_config()}).then (results) =>
To Zeus: Those numbers you're seeing are currently hardcoded simply as numbers, they're not actually being updated. Will get updated soon I'm sure.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 07:29:22 pm by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Not sure if I have to post here...

I have installed the GUI 0.8 version. I have created an account "zeus" and put a password.

The account showed some numbers 3 Accounts, 2 delegates etc. when I was clicking on them nothing was showing.

I pressed the button "lock" and after a couple of minutes my wallet was locked. I put the password to unlock it and just waiting and waiting and waiting and never unlocked...

:(

On another note... From the 5 minutes I got the chance to look at it the first thing that came to my mind was that this looks like counterparty..and I don't like counterparty..Nxt platform is much nicer... :(

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It isn't based on transaction volume, but instead every balance is voting for N delegates.  When you transfer funds you update the balance and the votes.

Does it affect the votes if N is smal or not and how are they divided?
For example with the same balance 2 different scenarios:

1. transfer x funds and had voted N delegates
2. transfer x funds and had voted (2*N) delegates

will each delegate in the second senario get the same votes like in scenario 1 ?

Offline bytemaster

Quote from: liondani on Today at 06:44:14 PM
How do you explain that my best delegates "liondani" (27 produced 1 missed) is in the stand by list and 4 of my worst delegates that have 0 produced and about 2-3 missed are on the top delegates?(liondani-delegate-1, -3, -4, -8)

PS only liondani-delegate-1 has funds

There is no auto-voting right now.  Unless someone has given you an approval vote and then made transactions to that effect it will not change your ranking.

Is the delegate ranking based on the amount of funds transmitted by wallet(s) with wallet_approve_delegate  <delegate(s)> in each round, in total, other?  Perhaps you could direct me to some reference material pm the subject.

Thanks,
Fox

It isn't based on transaction volume, but instead every balance is voting for N delegates.  When you transfer funds you update the balance and the votes.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Fox

Quote from: liondani on Today at 06:44:14 PM
How do you explain that my best delegates "liondani" (27 produced 1 missed) is in the stand by list and 4 of my worst delegates that have 0 produced and about 2-3 missed are on the top delegates?(liondani-delegate-1, -3, -4, -8)

There is no auto-voting right now.  Unless someone has given you an approval vote and then made transactions to that effect it will not change your ranking.

Is the delegate ranking based on the amount of funds transmitted by wallet(s) with wallet_approve_delegate  <delegate(s)> in each round, in total, other?  Perhaps you could direct me to some reference material pm the subject.

Thanks,
Fox
Witness: fox

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline bytemaster

If you close and re-open your wallet does the balance come back?
I restarted the system. All XTS finally went through and were received by the correct recipients in other wallets.  :)

However, the transaction history looks like this now.
wallet-2 (unlocked) >>> wallet_account_transaction_history
    BLK.TRX  TIMESTAMP           FROM                TO                  AMOUNT              FEE                 MEMO                                   ID
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    376.1    2014-07-01T22:22:30 UNKNOWN             UNKNOWN             0.00000 XTS         0.00000 XTS                                                cab14a52
   4670.0    2014-07-02T17:33:45 light1              light4              800.00000 XTS       0.10000 XTS                                                5921bca7
   4741.5    2014-07-02T17:52:30 UNKNOWN             UNKNOWN             0.00000 XTS         0.00000 XTS                                                cc49f64c
   4741.3    2014-07-02T17:52:30 UNKNOWN             UNKNOWN             0.00000 XTS         0.00000 XTS                                                c6ca00e1
   4741.0    2014-07-02T17:52:30 UNKNOWN             UNKNOWN             0.00000 XTS         0.00000 XTS                                                9e9abf50

Can you list your unregistered accounts?

Offline bytemaster

It seems I lost 100 FREE.

I have issued 1M FREE, then I tried to send 100 FREE to demonstra but the transaction was pending for long time (more then 10 minutes) and I used the command wallet_clear_pending_transactions. So now I can't see the transaction any more but my balance it is not synced with my transactions:

Init balance: 1,000,0000 FREE
3411.11   2014-07-02T11:55:15 spartako-w          spartako-w          1.000000 FREE       0.10000 XTS                                                1b8b05d1
   3432.12   2014-07-02T12:01:00 spartako-w          demonstra           100.000000 FREE     0.10000 XTS                                                68a98a80
   3447.9    2014-07-02T12:05:30 spartako-w          bitdraw             100.000000 FREE     0.10000 XTS                                                30626c46

Finale balance: 999,700.000000 FREE but should be 999,800 FREE

I have made an issue: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/444

Thanks! I monitor the balance if 100 FREE come back in my wallet
Yes, my 3 transactions got stuck so i cleared them and the balance did not increase back. Lost 2400 XTS  :'(

If you close and re-open your wallet does the balance come back?

Offline svk

I'm trying to use only the web wallet this time around, it's looking very nice!

It might need a bit more info on the account key; something like "give this to anyone who wants to send you XTS".

I'm assuming the "account key" is the one I need for someone to send me some XTS? If so, can someone please send me some so I can register a delegate?

XTS57p8jJKZJ5xDGs4T7AdxNR1mjtPbkKEmHmkfM519Lxn6nSxv7w
Thanks
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Guys could you vote for us wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true.

We need to test our server performance this timje around.

+5% +5%

Offline laow

• View Profile
the link is still 0.0.7.
current version of the gui wallet  has a  problem:  once you exit the wallet, next time when you open the wallet you can't unlock it.

Mac GUI
http://www.bitshares.org/BitSharesXT-0.0.8.dmg

This is a new chain, if you do not delete your data directory from the last chain things may not work. 

rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/BitShares\ XTS
BTS acount: laow

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
   TXN ID      SIZE          OPERATION COUNT          SIGNATURE COUNT
----------------------------------------------------------------------
  8b3495ae      9844                      102                      101
  ae3af881       340                        3                        2
  c8908453       244                        2                        1
  ce04af40       244                        2                        1
  d5c5e0e0       253                        3                        1
  dd3514a1       244                        2                        1
  f2242b6c       320                        3                        2
  f33fa096       340                        3                        2
  fac67bf9       320                        3                        2

When are those pending transactions being served?
I made some transfers between my accounts that are not registered (there was also one from registered -> unregistered), and those went into pending, and keep on hanging...

I thought that maybe only approved delegates validate them, but apparently they don't...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:19:54 pm by dxtr »
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline bytemaster

3) All transactions must now expire in less than 48 hours, and by default expire in 24 if they are not included in the chain.

Really all the transactions including the ones got confirmed ? Why?

Expire simply means they cannot be applied a second time and allows the validators to remove them from memory.   They result of the transaction is still valid if it was confirmed.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

3) All transactions must now expire in less than 48 hours, and by default expire in 24 if they are not included in the chain.

Really all the transactions including the ones got confirmed ? Why?