Author Topic: Any ETA for Bitshares? And suggestion to admins  (Read 10002 times)

Offline bytemaster

This 1 block confirmation scares me a little coz it looks like a contradiction to CAP theorem. Is there somewhere a discussion about guaranteed 30 sec consistency?

In practice BitShares isn't a distributed system, it is more like coordinated synchronized time shared centralized system. 

Only in failure mode (missed blocks, bugs, or attacks) does "eventual consistency" apply.    Our system can detect failure modes automatically and warn the users that the confirmation time has gone up.  But when there is smooth sailing CAP does not apply.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
In all these systems you can have a reorganization arbitrarily far back at any time. So "confirmed" means really means "very very sure it will not be on an abandoned fork", whether it is bitcoin, nxt, bitshares, or anything else. BM just means you can have high certainty after only one block, if you have had full participation in the recent past.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Come-from-Beyond

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FdxxnujeMb_1kWlz1Esqut_jmmWNicbS3Meh1F83tUo/edit#gid=0

PS need's more info but not bad at all

Yes, need more info coz there is no comparison of Exchange features at all. Thank u anyway.

Also note that our confirmation time is only 51 blocks if a delegate misses a block, I would actually suggest that we represent the reality that when fully armed and operational there will be near 0 missed blocks and thus 0 opportunity for forks and thus confirmation time is 1 block.
putting together one on the wiki right now. http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F#Comparison_of_BitShares_and_Other_Platforms

This 1 block confirmation scares me a little coz it looks like a contradiction to CAP theorem. Is there somewhere a discussion about guaranteed 30 sec consistency?

Offline bytemaster

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FdxxnujeMb_1kWlz1Esqut_jmmWNicbS3Meh1F83tUo/edit#gid=0

Yes, need more info coz there is no comparison of Exchange features at all. Thank u anyway.

Also note that our confirmation time is only 51 blocks if a delegate misses a block, I would actually suggest that we represent the reality that when fully armed and operational there will be near 0 missed blocks and thus 0 opportunity for forks and thus confirmation time is 1 block.
putting together one on the wiki right now. http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Why_choose_Bitshares%3F#Comparison_of_BitShares_and_Other_Platforms
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Come-from-Beyond

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Come-from-Beyond

.. no need for NXT, Bitshare is far more superior exchange.

Maybe. Is there a comparison table somewhere?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Right now the project is on its 7th Dry Run which is currently working very well with a block every 15 seconds, no forks worth mentioning, and 93% participation.

Based upon current results I would expect the codebase to be ready for version 1.0 any day now.

Thanks! Very impressive results! What do you think about mailing list by the way? I am not sure that many investors (especially potential ones) aware of this information, but I believe they should be =)

In the works...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

bitbro

It's hard to monitor the situation around Bitshares, so if anyone can share a link to timeline or any other info about when the project is going to start, it will be very appreciated.

Also, I would highly recommend to admins to make some mailing list with news compilation, estimated dates and updates, I believe I'm not the only one interested in project who has not time to monitor all forums websites etc. It's really confusing - "old" websites are closed, and some threads I was monitoring before are not updating too.

And another interesting idea - why not use NXT asset exchange (for example) as trading platform, where current investors can buy/sell their stake before the project will start? It will bring more attention to BTS I believe.

Now might be a good time to start checking daily.  :)

What will we be able to trade on the bts exchange upon release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GoldDealer

• View Profile
Right now the project is on its 7th Dry Run which is currently working very well with a block every 15 seconds, no forks worth mentioning, and 93% participation.

Based upon current results I would expect the codebase to be ready for version 1.0 any day now.

Thanks! Very impressive results! What do you think about mailing list by the way? I am not sure that many investors (especially potential ones) aware of this information, but I believe they should be =)

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

+5%

.. no need for NXT, Bitshare is far more superior exchange.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
It's hard to monitor the situation around Bitshares, so if anyone can share a link to timeline or any other info about when the project is going to start, it will be very appreciated.

Also, I would highly recommend to admins to make some mailing list with news compilation, estimated dates and updates, I believe I'm not the only one interested in project who has not time to monitor all forums websites etc. It's really confusing - "old" websites are closed, and some threads I was monitoring before are not updating too.

And another interesting idea - why not use NXT asset exchange (for example) as trading platform, where current investors can buy/sell their stake before the project will start? It will bring more attention to BTS I believe.

Now might be a good time to start checking daily.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani