Author Topic: Trade DACs on the NHZ blockchain (BTSX, LTS, PTS)  (Read 11437 times)

Offline pharesim

• View Profile
    • Horizon [HZ]
LTS have been added to the gateway!
Meet you on STEEM

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

You could even make AGS liquid that way! :D

It would be possible to issue AGS asset on BTS X and allocate them to addresses of current AGS donors, so not only XTS are "imported" with donor address private key, but also all the AGS. What do you all think, should we make AGS liquid?

Love it. Especially now that it looks like Invictus will not have any involvement with Bitshares X (the DAC will be launched by an independent group). For legal reasons, I was worried before about using AGS this way, but now I'm all for making it liquid to trade on there.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

It would be possible to issue AGS asset on BTS X and allocate them to addresses of current AGS donors, so not only XTS are "imported" with donor address private key, but also all the AGS. What do you all think, should we make AGS liquid?
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline pharesim

• View Profile
    • Horizon [HZ]
I understand more options are good, but if someone has pts, btsx, etc, why should that person trade it on other exchange other than XT? I mean, by trading there, you're actually supporting the bitshares community and helping it grow so..

For the same reason(s) they trade it on bter
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I understand more options are good, but if someone has pts, btsx, etc, why should that person trade it on other exchange other than XT? I mean, by trading there, you're actually supporting the bitshares community and helping it grow so..
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

I don't see why, with all the good stuff on the way here, we would want to move any of it to an NXT-type blockchain? Bitshares is far better already.

Bitshares is not ready yet, so I can understand the idea of this.  Plus it is like distributing it through the 2nd best exchange (NXT), only with a lot better chance of being distributed fairly.  Also like the fact that NHZ is really a decentralized service (as opposed to what we are seeing on BTER and other exchanges).

Then to add on that all people (not just those who had their PTS stuck on an exchange at snapshot) are able to purchase and sell their original tokens from the start....   

I will gladly be a multisig partner for you...but I am not sure how much trust I command :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:33:30 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline pharesim

• View Profile
    • Horizon [HZ]
I don't see why, with all the good stuff on the way here, we would want to move any of it to an NXT-type blockchain? Bitshares is far better already.

It's not about what's better, it's about using the right tool at the right time for the right job. You can't trade LTS with bitshares when they launch. I already gave you my thoughts about why someone may want to use it, and why not.

This thread is not for you to state if you think you'll use the possibility. Nobody cares if you do.
I'd like to ask a mod to clean up here so we can focus on the search for a multisig partner.

That said, I'm done with live testing (a real pita with pts' current confirmation times). The gateway site can be found at http://dacx.nhzcrypto.org
It takes 2 confirmations for the assets to be sent. The fee for deposits/withdrawals is 0.02 PTS each.

http://forum.nhzcrypto.org/index.php/topic,194.0.html
Meet you on STEEM

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

bitbro

I've already suggested we make AGS liquid that way. But it's important to note that it won't be a BitAsset, rather just an asset.

Right, it would have actual value (( ...By being backed by future bit assets), assuming bit assets will have value)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I've already suggested we make AGS liquid that way. But it's important to note that it won't be a BitAsset, rather just an asset.

bitbro

I mean it is possible to create an asset called "PTS" and then distribute it exactly as PTS holders are distributed at a particular time and then declare "These are the real PTS! dump your old PTS!" but that is not a good idea

No, seriously, we know that there are other ways to trade PTS (maybe even on BTS X, using a gateway like we do).
And for the moment our offer is of limited use, a PTS will cost about 20k NHZ and you can't get rid of those at a reasonable price if you have more than that. The market volume of NHZ isn't high enough yet to cash out.

As soon as we add LTS you'll have a convenient way to exchange PTS to LTS, and it will become more and more practical the more DACs you can exchange against each other.

Nobody is forced to make use of it, but we want to offer the possibility. And we're still looking for someone to cooperate with the multisig wallets :)

+5%

Offline pharesim

• View Profile
    • Horizon [HZ]
I mean it is possible to create an asset called "PTS" and then distribute it exactly as PTS holders are distributed at a particular time and then declare "These are the real PTS! dump your old PTS!" but that is not a good idea

No, seriously, we know that there are other ways to trade PTS (maybe even on BTS X, using a gateway like we do).
And for the moment our offer is of limited use, a PTS will cost about 20k NHZ and you can't get rid of those at a reasonable price if you have more than that. The market volume of NHZ isn't high enough yet to cash out.

As soon as we add LTS you'll have a convenient way to exchange PTS to LTS, and it will become more and more practical the more DACs you can exchange against each other.

Nobody is forced to make use of it, but we want to offer the possibility. And we're still looking for someone to cooperate with the multisig wallets :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:40:04 pm by pharesim »
Meet you on STEEM

bitbro

It's not... Maybe bitbro means it is possible to have a bitasset that tracks pts?

See xerocs comment above

ok..

"It's not... Maybe xeroc means it is possible to have a bitasset that tracks pts?"

LOLL

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

It's not... Maybe bitbro means it is possible to have a bitasset that tracks pts?

See xerocs comment above

ok..

"It's not... Maybe xeroc means it is possible to have a bitasset that tracks pts?"

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.