Author Topic: -BETA- BitShares XT Wallet Download and Feedback thread [Mac 0.1.2] [Win 0.1.0]  (Read 8257 times)

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
i also hope that creating a centralized place (!) for users to discuss wallet issues might help streamline usability testing and lead to design improvements

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
I would like to consider myself technically inclined. I have yet to be able to successfully open the wallet. I've done everything short of wiping my computer completely. If this is on purpose then that is fine. If not then a solution really needs to be found. I have brought this up before but, it was not really looked into.

windows 7 pro 64bit.

Have you tried deleting the BitSharesXT folder located in C:>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming and starting the client?

Yes. I don't know everything about IT but, I would like to think that I've done everything a person can do with a mouse. This means that I have not modified registry settings, changed items inside of a file, or reformatted my pc.

i am sorry to hear this. i am confident that future releases will work with your rig, but for now I think you may be stuck playing the waiting game.

could you describe your issue further: when you open the client, does a splash screen appear briefly, or does absolutely nothing happen? After you attempt to run the application, can you see any BitShares processes running in the background when you press control+alt+delete ?

Offline JA

• View Profile
I think the design is already (almost) perfect.  +5%
at least compared to the crypto-qt wallet clones  :'(

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Command line & History:

- would be nice if "UP" and "DOWN" was going through the history. Alternatively make commands in the output a link, so clicking them populates the command line with the text.

Delegates Payout + Bugs

Payouts are not obvious, but I found the wallet_delegate_withdraw_pay command.

In the history I see the payout. However it is not reflected in the balance of the account itself.

That said - payouts and even transfers seem to be lingering sometimes.

Block Explorer

Can we have the ability to "get_balance" on ANY address from the UI itself? I don't see why we couldn't include that, we probably have the code that already checks the balances.

Also would be nice to be able to add "watch" addresses balances.

Security

This is quite the stretch, but why not - Ability to sign transactions offline. So many accounts are stolen/compromised. I would love to see a wallet that takes this seriously and never does the actual signature. Just make it so that the signature can be manually entered. Perhaps that's already in by using the RPC.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
More on command line

If a command line produces an error, instead of showing "Command aborted." Just run help <command> and show how it should be used.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
On OSX 10.9.4, it seems to open and function fine (although the only thing I have done was approved delegates), however it closes by itself after about 5 minutes. I don't that I get logged out, but I have to lauch the app again.

It does look good though!

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Block Explorer

Can we have the ability to "get_balance" on ANY address from the UI itself? I don't see why we couldn't include that, we probably have the code that already checks the balances.

Also would be nice to be able to add "watch" addresses balances.

With TITAN, no one can see the balance of others, that's quite different from bitcoin.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
With TITAN, no one can see the balance of others, that's quite different from bitcoin.

From the documentation: (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/AYNTK_TITAN)

Are read-only/watch-only keys possible with TITAN?

Yes. The basic support is already in place.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
I would like to consider myself technically inclined. I have yet to be able to successfully open the wallet. I've done everything short of wiping my computer completely. If this is on purpose then that is fine. If not then a solution really needs to be found. I have brought this up before but, it was not really looked into.

windows 7 pro 64bit.

Have you tried deleting the BitSharesXT folder located in C:>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming and starting the client?

Yes. I don't know everything about IT but, I would like to think that I've done everything a person can do with a mouse. This means that I have not modified registry settings, changed items inside of a file, or reformatted my pc.

i am sorry to hear this. i am confident that future releases will work with your rig, but for now I think you may be stuck playing the waiting game.

could you describe your issue further: when you open the client, does a splash screen appear briefly, or does absolutely nothing happen? After you attempt to run the application, can you see any BitShares processes running in the background when you press control+alt+delete ?

The version previous to the current would open up and disappear. The version before that did nothing. The current version shows the initial splash screen for a few seconds. Shortly after I get a windows error "application not responding."

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I'm exceptionally bad with computers.

I downloaded it, double clicked download, it auto-installed and was going to auto-start

Splash screen came up for a few seconds then a pop up said 'BitSharesXT.exe has stopped working'

Tried starting it again afterwards,  splash screen comes up for few sec then disappears.

Deleted App Data, roaming - BitSharesXTS file as suggested earlier in the thread - but same thing happens, 1st start up says it's stopped working after flash screen and following start ups just show flash screen for a few seconds then disappears.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit

Offline ninja

• View Profile
How can I join to the testing? Could I have some XTS to test the sending and reciveing?

lzr1900

Bitshares XT
Dry Run 9:Soon.
Dry Run 10:Very Soon.
Dry Run 11: Very Very Soon.
Dry Run 12: Very Very Very Soon.
Dry Run 13: Very Very Very Very Soon.
Dry Run X:Bye.

Offline bytemaster

Bitshares XT

Dry Runs will continue as we add new features.... in parallel a team is preparing BTSX.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

lzr1900

Bitshares XT

Dry Runs will continue as we add new features.... in parallel a team is preparing BTSX.
So that is what it is,thanks for your explain.Can we see the official BTSX version be released this month?

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

From the documentation: (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/AYNTK_TITAN)

Are read-only/watch-only keys possible with TITAN?

Yes. The basic support is already in place.

I don't think the first version will have the read-only key, it will be upgraded to support this in later version. My understanding of this quote is that there is no design problem, just to implement it.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.