Author Topic: -BETA- BitShares XT Wallet Download and Feedback thread [Mac 0.1.2] [Win 0.1.0]  (Read 8249 times)

Offline bytemaster

Bitshares XT
Dry Run 9:Soon.
Dry Run 10:Very Soon.
Dry Run 11: Very Very Soon.
Dry Run 12: Very Very Very Soon.
Dry Run 13: Very Very Very Very Soon.
Dry Run X:Bye.

Dry Runs will continue as we add new features.... in parallel a team is preparing BTSX.
So that is what it is,thanks for your explain.Can we see the official BTSX version be released this month?

I would bet 75% chance at this stage.    They are waiting for the issues discovered in Dry Run 8 to be resolved such as Delegate Pay, Connection Issues.   There is also the potential that I may get the order matching implemented this week.   It then becomes an issue of deciding to launch and then fork a month later, wait.   I think DACS Unlimited is aiming for the final day of AGS/PTS to launch... but all of this is subject to conditions on the ground as testing finds things.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

With TITAN, no one can see the balance of others, that's quite different from bitcoin.

From the documentation: (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/AYNTK_TITAN)

Are read-only/watch-only keys possible with TITAN?

Yes. The basic support is already in place.

I don't think the first version will have the read-only key, it will be upgraded to support this in later version. My understanding of this quote is that there is no design problem, just to implement it.

For scalability reasons I do not think observer keys are the desired solution.   We have something else in mind.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Ggozzo

Still getting this on the new release: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5303.msg71623#msg71623

Haven't been able to run anything on my home computer. Got it to work on amazon EC2.

Might want to look into this eventually, since most people won't want to pay Amazon to even see the wallet. It's been frustrating trying to figure it out, but nothing I do works. Open ports, firewall, restart, router port forwarding, download from different browsers etc... still doesn't want to work.

Offline CalabiYau

Still getting this on the new release: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5303.msg71623#msg71623

Haven't been able to run anything on my home computer. Got it to work on amazon EC2.

Might want to look into this eventually, since most people won't want to pay Amazon to even see the wallet. It's been frustrating trying to figure it out, but nothing I do works. Open ports, firewall, restart, router port forwarding, download from different browsers etc... still doesn't want to work.

Sometimes it helps in win7 to use the "run as administrator" option on install and running the program.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
In installed the wallet previously and then just typed randomly on the screen for the password (I assumed I would not need it again as just testing the software).
I have uninstalled the old wallet and re-installed the wallet using the link provided in this thread.
It asks for my password which I cant remember and now I'm stuck out of the programme.
Perhaps a function that will allow multiple accounts on one computer would be good.
Or allow the user to delete a previous user account and open a new one.

I would like to comment on the UI. How do I access the wallet? Thanks

Offline CalabiYau

In installed the wallet previously and then just typed randomly on the screen for the password (I assumed I would not need it again as just testing the software).
I have uninstalled the old wallet and re-installed the wallet using the link provided in this thread.
It asks for my password which I cant remember and now I'm stuck out of the programme.
Perhaps a function that will allow multiple accounts on one computer would be good.

- uninstall current "the old wallet"
- delete file "C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\BitShares XTS"
- "re-install the wallet using the link provided in this thread"

- enjoy

Offline svk

Bitshares XT

Dry Runs will continue as we add new features.... in parallel a team is preparing BTSX.
So that is what it is,thanks for your explain.Can we see the official BTSX version be released this month?

I would bet 75% chance at this stage.    They are waiting for the issues discovered in Dry Run 8 to be resolved such as Delegate Pay, Connection Issues.   There is also the potential that I may get the order matching implemented this week.   It then becomes an issue of deciding to launch and then fork a month later, wait.   I think DACS Unlimited is aiming for the final day of AGS/PTS to launch... but all of this is subject to conditions on the ground as testing finds things.

Any chance of getting some official info about DACS Unlimited? Unless I missed something they were first mentioned in the last newsletter, and we've had some snippets here and there, but nothing like a proper announcement. They have a website but it's only in Chinese, and the design/content/performance of that site doesn't really inspire confidence.

Who are they?
Why were they chosen to launch BTSX?
Will they focus purely on marketing, or will they also do coding and "maintenance" of the DAC?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

- uninstall current "the old wallet"
- delete file "C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\BitShares XTS"
- "re-install the wallet using the link provided in this thread"

- enjoy
Fantastic, that makes sense. The wallet looks so very different from the usual wallets I forgot the normal trouble shooting.

The BitsharesX wallet should have a user friendly way of solving the issue I had. 

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

Bitshares XT

Any chance of getting some official info about DACS Unlimited? Unless I missed something they were first mentioned in the last newsletter, and we've had some snippets here and there, but nothing like a proper announcement. They have a website but it's only in Chinese, and the design/content/performance of that site doesn't really inspire confidence.

Who are they?
Why were they chosen to launch BTSX?
Will they focus purely on marketing, or will they also do coding and "maintenance" of the DAC?

+5%

I agree there is very little info about this decision. I understand the idea of having someone else release the software to avoid conflicts of interest, but how can we trust this group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile
Having a problem with the windows client. i am getting unkowns on my client...I sent the funds yesterday to 3 delegates.
also, it seems the the RPC server is causing the clietn to crash on my win7 machine.

Offline Yuzu

• View Profile
The Mac wallet opens fine for me, but crashes unexpectedly.  There doesn't seem to be any way to copy the account key to the clipboard.  Other than that it looks very gorgeous.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
HEIGHT   TIME         TRANSACTION COUNT     DELEGATE                    LATENCY            SIZE
20749    2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:30:20     0    delegate-alt    49710d 6h 27m 59s   182
Missing 2 Blocks   2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:30:00 - 2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:30:10   
20748    2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:29:50     0    spartako6    13s   182

there is some problem of windows (OS is win7 64) version
can sync to newest block when first start the client , but cannot go on to syncing while client are opening.
and the client show I have 8 connected node.  I also run a  VM Ubuntu system in same computer , the client in Ubuntu system can sync.

,you can see the latency time show as red color above, is very larger value, so I doubt that maybe it is  overflow.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:49:51 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline bytemaster

HEIGHT   TIME         TRANSACTION COUNT     DELEGATE                    LATENCY            SIZE
20749    2014年7月12日 GMT+8上午11:30:20     0    delegate-alt    49710d 6h 27m 59s   182

can sync to newest block when first start the client , but cannot go on to syncing while client are opening.
and the client show I have 8 connected node.  I also run a  VM Ubuntu system in same computer , the client in Ubuntu system can sync.

,you can see the latency time show as red color above, is very larger value, so I doubt that maybe it is  overflow.

Latency bug has already been fixed in latest code.   CPU load while syncing is an issue that is mostly there because of our stress testing and wouldn't likely be there in a live network.   

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile

I think time of my computer was later,  the client can sync after I synced time of computer.
maybe there also is a bug when client run in a computer with wrong time

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile

Latency bug has already been fixed in latest code.   CPU load while syncing is an issue that is mostly there because of our stress testing and wouldn't likely be there in a live network.
+5%