Author Topic: when will claiming genesis balances without importing private keys be supported?  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Can't we just integrate this through offline transaction signing?  If support for exporting unsigned transactions and importing signed ones is added to the toolkit, that should solve the problem.  Then you just need a single trusted tool to sign the transactions.

Offline bytemaster

When will claiming genesis balances without importing private keys be supported in the toolkit?
i.e. claiming by signing with private keys (proof of ownership) instead of having to trust every single DAC with your private keys.

IMHO, we can't launch anything without this since once there's a trojan DAC binary and it has compromised some private keys then it could kill the whole bitshares ecosystem.

Ill think about the best way to implement this.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitder

• View Profile
When will claiming genesis balances without importing private keys be supported in the toolkit?
i.e. claiming by signing with private keys (proof of ownership) instead of having to trust every single DAC with your private keys.

IMHO, we can't launch anything without this since once there's a trojan DAC binary and it has compromised some private keys then it could kill the whole bitshares ecosystem.
wallet_account_set_approval delegate.bitder 1