Author Topic: Hey, BTSX delegates, come here.  (Read 19122 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It seems that the command 'wallet_account_rename' allows the transaction of renaming a registered name to another registered name.

For example, I have the account 'A'. And alt has the account 'B'.
After
Code: [Select]
wallet_account_rename A B
The results of
wallet_list_my_account will say that I have a registered account with name 'B' which should be belong to alt.

the original name registered is name A
the secret key will remain the same and the name B you see now on your account is something like a local contact name....
if you check the secret key of B it is the same like A
so their exist 2 accounts B with different secret keys, one yours (B old A) and one alt's B
BUT only you can see your B account on your wallet.... I am curious what happens when you try to transfer funds to account B? I bet on the list will show up two B (but with different public keys of course) How can choose now the right one since the public key don't show up?(except creating a new local contact name :P) Please check if I am right.... It is confusing for sure and must be changed.

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
It seems that the command 'wallet_account_rename' allows the transaction of renaming a registered name to another registered name.

For example, I have the account 'A'. And alt has the account 'B'.
After
wallet_account_rename A B
The results of
wallet_list_my_account will say that I have a registered account with name 'B' which should be belong to alt.

BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
wallet_approve_delegate btsdac-delegate
thanks ,
 I am embarrassed, I didn`t run the delegate on VPS yesterday night because of compiled error ,  it caused my delegate missed all 28 blocks yesterday. but today produced all (100%)blocks after I had ran this delegate on VPS  :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:50:07 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Fox

In cycling terms, I'm off the back.  I just completed ~26 hours of block production yielding a 96.67 % production rate, missing just three blocks.

Looking for some additional approval from the community to place my delegate back into the top 101 to keep the network decentralized.
wallet_approve_delegate fox
Thanks in advance,
Fox
Witness: fox

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
wallet_approve_delegate btsdac-delegate
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline itnom

• View Profile
    • Bitsapphire - The web development group that makes disruptive startups happen
Bitsapphire (http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate/) is currently setting up 5 dedicated servers for our 5 delegates in our server coop.

We'll need funds to register our delegates later today.

We will also publish 5 initial software ideas we want to reinvest our profits into for the community.
Back our bid as a BitShares Delegate! http://bitsapphire.com/Bitshares-Delegate

wallet_approve_delegate bitsapphire true

Offline Overthetop

Is there any other dry run planned? I was a delegate during Dry Run 8, but used only the Windows GUI.

Yes, dry runs will continue as we add new features to the test chain.  Once features are proven in dry runs, developers/operators like DACSunlimited will choose when to migrate them into their commercial products like BTSX.

reasonable

:)
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Is there any other dry run planned? I was a delegate during Dry Run 8, but used only the Windows GUI.

Yes, dry runs will continue as we add new features to the test chain.  Once features are proven in dry runs, developers/operators like DACSunlimited will choose when to migrate them into their commercial products like BTSX.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline pinov

• View Profile
What about time synchronization in VMs?
Regards,
P.

Approve pinov and pinof & earn BTSX on every transaction you make
wallet_approve_delegate pinov
wallet_approve_delegate pinof

Offline testz

Offline GaltReport

Here is a very nice guide about how to start as delegate.
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/DPOS-Registering-Names-And-Delegates

Don't hurry to be a delegate, have a look at the guides first, it will help you a lot.

First rule: do not run delegate in the GUI and then vote for your self.
Second rule: find and vote in good guys, never approval for those delegate with low reliability and don't produce blocks.
Third rule: do you remember to unlock 999999999 for enough long time before go to bed?

I think this important:
4rd rule: don't forget to change network param, in console type:
network_set_advanced_node_parameters {"desired_number_of_connections":50, "maximum_number_of_connections":100}
Update: Another very nice guide https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/DPOS-initial-delegate-setup

As I found yesterday the most important things for delegate it's to have time synchronized with reliable worldwide ntp, if time of delegate different too much - 99% that delegate will miss the block. Time synchronization become even more important in VM environment, if your delegate works as VM.
Can  you provide a short guide to setting up ntpd?

Offline GaltReport

Lots of good info here. 

Anyway to test that your delegate is working properly or would work if approved as a delegate?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:17:11 am by GaltReport »

sumantso

Offline bytemaster

As I found yesterday the most important things for delegate it's to have time synchronized with reliable worldwide ntp, if time of delegate different too much - 99% that delegate will miss the block. Time synchronization become even more important in VM environment, if your delegate works as VM.
Hug? I thought there is basic NTP implemented in the toolkit ..

Anyway .. running a NTP daemon has lots of benefits besides bitshares

There is a very basic one, but NTP is a complex algorithm that factors in many things over many samples.   The built in one only uses one sample point and is only really able to get the time to about 1 second accuracy if it works.    Running NTPD will help a lot and I strongly recommend it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.